“Excellent stopover if travelling from East to West.”

Keenan's Hotel, Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tarmonbarry
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stopped here both coming and going from the West on a recommendation from a friend. Typical pub food on offer with quite an extensive menu. Food very well presented and tasty. Staff were extremely friendly but the reason I did not give it five stars is because the service was a little slow and given that a high percentage of clients were "en route" the service could have been a little faster.

However I would 100% recommend it as a place to stop off. Very scenic location too right on the Shannon river although it was raining while we were there so we didn't see very much.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mollieNorthEast

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I recently dined at Keenans with my family, when we arrived we were given a lovely seat in the garden. The food was very nice, large portions, one thing that I would say was that the fruit on top of the pavalova dessert tasted like onions, obviously the fruit had been cut with the same knife as the onions. The staff were all very nice (one in particular was a little OTT), will definitely return again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Half way on the way to Sligo for a summer holiday we detoured off the main route. Really nice lunch in the garden at back of pub and had a really nice walk down to the lock to see some boats going through.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed with a group of adults and kids and really enjoyed the stay. Located on the River Shannon, the location is picture perfect. Clean, boutique style rooms, spotlessly clean. Had dinner in the pub, huge portions and buffet and cooked to order breakfast.. Only thing missing from breakfast was the Morning Papers! Great and helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stopped here for lunch on the way from Dublin to Westport.
There were 35 of us and they were great, they were ready for us and supplied a quick and tasty lunch of soup and sandwiches and salads, there were lots of dietary requirements and they catered for them all.

They are situated on the river which was lovely to watch some boats go by.

Thank you Keenans.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank P H
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have been staying at Keenan's over the last 17 months on a very regular basis. I believe I have just completed visit number fifteen.

Keenan's was highly recommended to me and my colleagues by one of our business partners from Longford.

I consider it an absolute privilege to be able to not only stay and dine here but also to share the friendship of the owners, Barry and Annette, and their very lovely staff.

So much do I enjoy my stays here that I brought my daughter to stay on a recent visit from Australia!

It is without hesitation that I recommend Keenan's of Tarmonbarry to fellow business travelers and social travelers alike.

Thanks to all.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Gerry K
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I travel down to the west of Ireland and would always stop off on Keenans, food an service r always top class, I travelled west last wk n stopped off as usual and got the chicken skewers, what a dish, from first bite to last amazing flavours n juices n dips unreal so I tip my hat to the chef amazing, looking forward to going west soon

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarmonbarry
Abbey Hotel
#1 of 4 in Leitrim
Sheraton Athlone
Sheraton Athlone
#3 of 9 in Athlone

Been to Keenan's Hotel, Bar and Restaurant? Share your experiences!