We stayed here recently for one night while attending a wedding nearby.
+ Easy to get to, not too far out
+ Free parking
+ Friendly owners
+ Bed was incredibly comfortable and cozy
+ Quite a bit of storage space in the bedroom
+ Nice toiletries (hand cream, soaps etc)
+ Food at breakfast was ok.
- No loo roll in the bathroom. Quite a big oversight - by the time we realised it was late at night and we didn't really feel able to wake anyone up. Fortunately there were a few tissues left in the box, but certainly not ideal.
- Boiler was exposed in the bathroom - it looks messy and is clearly unfinished.
- It's very much like staying in someone's home - there were kids around (not particularly noisy, but definitely there)
- Quite a bit of work needed on the decor outside the rooms - it's unfinished (not dirty at all) but not nice to look at
- There is a cat. We like cats, but unfortunately I'm allergic, and I did get itchy eyes.
- No info for guests in the room (wifi password, local attractions etc)
All in all I'd say this has a lot of potential to be a pretty nice boutique B&B, nice location, and the decor in the room was ok, especially the bed. Could be improved with some work on the public access areas (I can see from previous reviews that this is being worked on), finishing off the bathroom, and better attention to detail - loo roll is a pretty basic thing to have in a bathroom, and as there's no "reception", having local info and details about wifi etc in the rooms would make a lot of sense.
Even at its current standards I'd say it's good value for money at £50 for a double, given what else is available locally and the quality of the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are set in a semi-rural location with breathtaking views of the local farms and forest area. we are within two miles of the M1 J27. The public transport service is excellent. There are many pubs and restaurants within easy reach. We offer single, twin, double and a family room. All rooms have a television and complimentary drinks. We offer a varied choice for breakfast and use quality local produce wherever possible. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Old Post Office B&B Annesley, Nottinghamshire