Mour Hotel
US$77
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel(Sutton in Ashfield)
US$58
US$87
US$45
US$85
US$81
Premier Inn Nottingham West Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Alfreton(Alfreton)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
All reviewsbusiness parkmodern hotelexecutive rooman industrial estatebuffet stylequiet locationholiday innshort drivereception areawalk in showerone night staygood nights sleeptea and coffeesaturday nightyogurtdakotanottingham
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Excellent rooms, quite unique and makes a change from the norm. Lovely bathroom with a decent shower. Breakfast was very good and the recetion area has great decor. Overall a great hotel to stay at and good value for money if you need to stay in the area. I am glad it is no longer a holiday inn!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank jms000000
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We often drop in the Dakota--Yes it's back as the Dakota and pleased to say not a Holiday Inn any longer---It is by far the best hotel reception area in Nottinghamshire--great decor nice big gas
fire and comfy settees were you can sit and read the papers over a drink and a light bite. Restaurant is top end and the rooms are fab --very modern and not expensive,

Just would be nice to see a few more of the people of Nottinghamshire making the best of this gem of a all day relaxing venue and bring a little more atmosphere ---see you there soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Derek P
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We found this hotel on Groupon and thought it might make a great weekend away. The rooms were very smart and something a bit different with the brick walls and quirky bathrooms. There were plenty of complimentary items in the room, tea, coffee, water, bathroom stuff.
Breakfast was also very good. A buffet where you could help your self. So much to choose from, from cooked breakfast to cereal etc.

Over all we really enjoyed the stay and would go again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lincoln_Travel
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have stayed at the Dakota Hotel, Nottingham 3 times in the last 5 weeks as it is very close to my company Head Office.

You are no longer able to book rooms online and have to ring through to book a room, which is inconvenient but understandable for a property that has recently changed from being a Holiday Inn.

The first visit 5 weeks ago was pretty uneventful, as I would expect it to be, however there was only 1 lift working. Once in the room, I was impressed with the design and decor of the room with quality furniture and fittings. However, the biggest disappointment was the bathroom. There was only a shower and there was plenty of hot water. The only problem with the hot running water, is that it was coming out of BOTH taps! This mean that it was difficult to get the shower at a temperature that was below boiling point!

On my second visit 3 weeks later, they reception system was down. They left myself, my boss and many other customers in reception while they tried to sort it out. The duty manager was pretty incapable and not able to "manage" anything. It took over 45 mins to get into our rooms. No offer of the hotel buying us a drink at the bar or any plan of what to do if the system goes down! Poor! Still on 1 lift!

Yesterday I had what I think will be my final visit to this very badly run hotel staffed by some of the most sour face reception staff I have has the displeasure of dealing with. Checkin went ok. Room was fine. Until I checked the bathroom which still had hot and hot running water. 2 lifts this time though! When I checked out this morning, I wasn't feeling 100% so I asked if they could remove the breakfast element off my bill as I wasn't going to be using it. I was told that this would not be possible as I had agreed the rate and they were not going to change it.

Well done Dakota I WILL NOT be staying here again!!

Holiday Inn, you have had a lucky escape!

Room Tip: Don't waste your's or you company's money!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank DuncanFitz
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have to say that we have been coming to this hotel regularly since it was very first opened as "Dakota" and part owned by David Coulthard. We were slightly worried when we heard that it had been sold out to the Holiday Inn group but have to say that we had nothing to worry about. We only ever stay on a Saturday evening and cannot fault anything. The rooms are always very clean and the staff always polite and helpful. We always eat in the restaurant and the food has always been exceptional, we haven’t had a bad meal in all the years we have been visiting. The hotel is run and owned by a separate company and not by the Holiday Inn. The choice of food is excellent and the standards are very high. I know that during the week this is mainly a business/corporate hotel and things may be different then but i can say 100% that of all the weekends we have visited we have never been disappointed. The hotel is set in a sort of business retail park as it is mainly for use by businesses/commuters but most of the rooms look out onto countryside so it has never affected us and we like the fact that it is a bit out of the way. This hotel and restaurant is a hidden gem and we will continue to visit for many years to come.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple