We went primarily for the diving, to see the manta rays. We were not dissappointed, the first three visits to manta point, we saw numerous mantas, on the fourth visit, suprisingly they didn't show. Apparently mantas come all year round; we also saw many turtles, napoleon wrasse, sharks plus the normal reef fish. Maldives diving prices tend to be high and prices here were a bit higher than average for the maldives, but you do get great diving. Axle the boss was very helpful and eager to please.
The resort as a whole is a bit run down in places, e.g. tiles off in the pool, poor toilets etc, however the rooms and eating area/bar were clean; the food was also good. This wouldn't be classed as a luxury resort, it is 3 star, and there is not much to do if you are not snorkelling/diving. There are 2 free snorkel trips a day, though you will get better snorkel trips with the dive boat for $15/day. However, not being luxurious does have benefits - sunbeds were easy to come by, the resort was only about half full, so service was good. We did the last two weeks in August, the weather was very rainy, worse than normal. Staff were friendly, laid back atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Equator Village spa resort- the alluring tropical beauty of Addu Atoll. Nestled in one of the largest, most interestingly formed and historically rich atolls of Maldives, an exotic adventure begins the moment you start your journey from INIA to Gan International Airport. This is not your typical Maldivian resort; this is an equatorial escape into a land of culture and nature entwined together ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Equator Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Equator Village Hotel Gan
- Equator Village Seenu Atoll
- Equator Village Maldives/Gan Island