“True Relaxation”
Review of The Smuggler's Den

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Consejo
The Smuggler's Den
Ranked #1 of 1 Consejo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2013

A buddy and I stopped in at Smugglers Den for 2 nights several years ago. We were there in the off season and had the entire place to ourselves. As noted in some of the other reviews, it is one heck of a drive on the Northern Highway but very worth it!
This is not your typical 500 room resort, this is a true gem carved out of the jungle by Ray and Rosa over the years. They have something for everyone from a 1 room unit to a 2 bedroom cottage.
If we are ever back in Belize, I will definitely return with my wife!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Southbound4

Reviewed 31 March 2013

It was a bumpy road out to Consejo and arriving at night made things interesting but the owner was incredibly welcoming and helpful, and our stay was almost perfect - plenty to keep my little boy interested including a kayak to take out on the calm sea water with beautiful cabinas to sleep in at night. And the dinners in the restaurant were delicious too.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jon_the_Baker
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed in the Casa Leo unit for a total of 4 nights. The location is beautiful and serene - we got the most restful sleep at this location. The bay is calming and feels great. Ray & Rosa are AMAZING! They welcome you right in. Rosa may be the nicest person I've ever met! The snowbirds residing in surrounding properties are fun and provide entertaining stories. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alex_and_Tanner
Reviewed 26 January 2012

amazing service and worth every penny. if u come to Belize u must come here to experience the authenticity.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank richard b
Reviewed 22 February 2011

i stayed at the smuggler's den with a small group of friends. we were all frozen by northeast weather and exhausted and in need of some recharging. somehow, with the houses being literally a couple of steps from our own beach and all the dramatic sunrises and stars and the water hitting the shore, you almost immediately start breathing slower and deeper and your pace slows down and then you somehow not notice that a week went by and you need to pack up and go back to the cold. it probably also helps in this whole vacation-enjoyment deal that the staff is incredibly accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank penechek
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I have never stayed anyplace that made me feel more at home than Smuggler's Den. The accommodations were immaculate and the food was great. We were only able to stay two nights but when we left, we felt like we were leaving old friends. Ray and his family and staff are the kind of warm, loving people that make the world a better place. I'm glad I got to meet them and hope I get the opportunity to return for a longer visit. I'd love to see little Akira grow...gotta be good, surrounded by so much love!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Pocostaff
Reviewed 1 May 2009

I have been meaning to write this review for months and woke up today thinking of Ray and Rosa! I could never say enough great things about this family... From the moment we walked in the door, Rosa made us feel right at home. She served us some Belikin beer and we sat and talked to her for HOURS! This woman is the sweetest lady and best cook (even though she will never admit it) and I will always think of her fondly. Shes quite a catch Ray, great job! Speaking of Ray, this guy has built this gorgeous place from the ground up and has some hilarious stories to share. This couple is truly amazing...they are raising their own children plus their AWESOME nieces and nephew. My boyfriend and I had so much fun with these kids, and will never forget them. We decided to spend an extra night there because we loved everything about it. Now, I've never been good at saying farewell, but I actually CRIED when we left! We were all over Belize for 3 weeks and nowhere else came close to being as wonderful as Smugglers Den. Thanks for everything Ray and Rosa! You will always have a place in our hearts! Love, Chelsea and Kevin

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chels6284

Been to The Smuggler's Den? Share your experiences!