Halici Semera Holiday Village
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mugla
See available hotels
Amos Hotel(Marmaris)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Kivilcim(Marmaris)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Me and 2 friends stayed in Halici Semera hotel for 2 weeks. We just came home. Everything was really good. The food was really nice. Always a clean room and towels. Also there was an entertainment team with SOME nice people. Especially Chico. He is so crazy, and always make all people laugh. And always helpfull to customers. Everyone liked Chico. A really good entertainer!

But everyone, specially girls, should watch out for entertainer Marko. We heard at the poolside that he slept with an older woman for money. After he get the money he never talked to her again and didn't care about her anymore. The chief Emre knew about it, but he didn't seem to care and didn't do anything about it. We all think this was so bad. It was a really good hotel, but for this, maybe we don't want to come back anymore.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have just arrived home from this hotel, where, my son (18), his mate (17) and I have had a fabulous time!

Firstly, the hotel was simply decorated in a rustic style and was extremely clean.The cleaning staff worked so hard and there were little differences which made it even better e.g. clean towels daily. My room had air conditioning, a working fridge, an excellent shower with plenty of hot water and a television, I just had the music channel playing so it was great for me. My son's room was similar too.The pool and surrounding area was extremely clean, the pool bar was a special place for drinking, eating and socialising in the day and drinking, socialising and playing games in the evening. The bar staff were happy, jolly, friendly people who appreciated good manners as we all do. The drinks were generous and you could have as many as you wanted to. The restaurant was traditionally Turkish looking and we genuinely enjoyed the food, we are not fussy eaters and therefore there was always something that we liked, in fact the lads regularly had a plate full.

The animation team were wonderful and made us all feel very welcome from the onset. My son and his mate joined in the pool games and water polo every time we were in the hotel and made some really good friends of all nationalities because of this. I personally want to mention BARBIE who came to chat to me every day even though I didn't join in any of the games. She made me smile with her sense of humour and her energy. I could tell she was a really dedicated, special young lady and an excellent team player, a true professional and one I won't forget! JIMMY and CHICO were fun loving lads, who also had an abundance of energy, it was clear to me that they enjoy life to the maximum as they were always laughing and joking whist still remaining professional and above all responsible, they brought fun and laughter to the pool area every day and were great with the younger children too. There were other members of the team who all worked hard to entertain the guests bringing the shows in the evening etc. When I first arrived I also met Jenny, another truly lovely and caring young lady who was member of the animation team who later went to work at the Apple Bar...

...Apple Bar is a great place to eat or to end your night after the hotel, if you are not going to the beach party or Bar St with the entertainment team. We had breakfast there a few times and treated ourselves to a very reasonably priced but flavoursome meal one evening. It's the STAFF, which made the place us for, they were all friendly, talented, and worked tirelessly to serve, entertain and include those, who wanted to, in the dancing and partying well into the evening. The shows were excellent too.

All in all I would definitely return to this hotel as It was completely worth the money. However I do have one area for improvement. I feel that the all inclusive facility should be extended until 12 o clock instead if 11 for those who do not want to continue the partying in Marmaris. This would ensure a overall rating of 5 for me instead of 4. I also hope that we get to see the same friendly animation team faces again next year, then I know we are guaranteed a good time!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank mellor65
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This hotel does a great job! We are a family that feel a holiday is about spending time together and having a laugh and this holiday provided that! The pool scene is great and makes the holiday I think and the entertainment team work very hard and very long hours to ensure that everyone has a good time. Of course they give more attention to people that join in but they try hard to include everyone. We loved Jimmy and Jenny. Water polo is a must for any competitive person!

The food is good but repetitive if you stay for more than one week. This is not a critisim as I think to provide an all inclusive menu to suit all is very difficult. Just go out a few nights and that solves that problem. The apple bar is excellent and we had great steaks in the restaurant on the left Murzla i think.

As for trips the jeep safari is a must! Quad safari is fun but take a change of clothes. I had a very good massage which Charlotte arranged and being English she is a great person to chat to also.

The views are amazing from this hotel and although the hill and steps are steep we were glad to be away from the main of Marmaris!

What made this holiday for us was the amazing staff mainly Jimmy, Jenny, Emre, Charlotte and the cleaning team who work tirelessly to make your holiday great! Everyone else works hard too but they stood out for us.

Thanks Rach, Rob, Ellie & Marcus

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank rach4136
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We had a great holiday and one of the reasons is the character of the place; as it’s a holiday village you are in chalet type accommodation built into a hill. This means rather than staying in an area surrounded by the harsh concrete of Marmaris you can sup your all inclusive looking out over great views. The staff at the place all work very hard and with (seemingly) small group of staff we soon felt they were like friends. Jimmy, Barbie, Chico, Jenny, Emre, et al worked tirelessly and we even have a few “what happens in Marmaris stays in Marmaris” stories. Add to this some great guests we met and it is this intimate friendly atmosphere that made our holiday even better.

We also enjoyed the pool music but please get something a bit more upbeat in your restaurant. Yes we tired of the food (2 weeks takes its toll) but we chose to see out our last few days getting to know the staff at the Apple Bar. This is our second time in Turkey and find once you get to know the locals they’re great company.

I can now add International water polo player to my CV, (tall man goal keeper position). There is a lot going on and you can choose what suits you. There are shows from locals at night and some people chose throwing Chico and Jimmy into the pool as their main hobby. We chose not to take up the late night excursions to Bar Street but all the feedback was that it fitted the bill for those that went.

Thanks to everyone we met on those 2 weeks we had a great time Rob, Rachael, Ellie and Marcus.

(We also think the reviews by cheryl1974 11 July 2012 and dandanswansea. 5th July 2012 are pretty representative too. )

Room Tip: Try and make sure you stay on the holiday village side not the annex, about restaurant level mimimises the steps you have to encounter by also utilising the lift.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank robbloor
Reviewed 25 July 2012

after an exhausting flight and transfer we arrived at 3:30am to be told we didn't have a reservation despite booking months in advance with hays travel. we were finally shown to a room which couldn't have been any worse. the poor reception staff had to trawl mine and my partner's suitcase up over 300 steep steps. once we got to the room the receptionist went around switching the lights on to realise the bathroom light and one of the main bedroom lights didn't work. we were told this would be sorted out tomorrow and he left. we then found that the air conditioning didn't work (in 30+ degrees heat this is needed!!!), the room phone didn't work, there were two seperate single beds around 6 foot apart which were bolted to the floor and walls which is ridiculous when we booked a double room, the room in general stunk of some sort of foisty smell, there were holes all over the walls, the bed sheets were damp and it was crawling with insects. the front door was fully glass, didn't shut properly and could see it had been broken into several times. it was also right in the top corner next to some sort of pitch black forest which I was horrified of. we went down to reception to complain and to be switched rooms as this room was NOT capable of sleeping in to be told that we would have to wait until the manager arrives in the morning. we ended up staying up all night walking around the resort rather than sleeping in that hell hole. in the morning we spoke to the most snotty, arrogant manager with the worst attitude who told us she would get a technician to the room. we refused this and said we wanted to be switched rooms to somewhere more safe, clean and with a double bed. we were told to come back at dinner time. after going back at 12 dinner time the manager was yet again hideous and disgustingly told us that she said to go back at two. at two we went back to be changed to another room. we got to this room to find that there was no running hot water and still two single beds bolted to the wall and floor. yet again we went to complain and were told we had to wait until four o' clock to be changed and as we were walking away she called us back telling us to collect our stuff as she has another room. after trawling up and back down the 300+ steps with the cases we were given the key to a room which hadn't been cleaned since the last people had left. we waited around an hour for this to be cleaned but found that this room was spot on, it was right on the ground floor, had a double bed and the air-con was working.

after the horrific start the holiday got a little better. the cleaning staff are absolutely fantastic, always do a thorough job and are lovely people. the entertainment staff were okay but seemed to only speak to us English because they had to.

the food was VERY repetitive, all I ate was chips and rice however I am a fussy eater. every night it was either turkish meatballs, turkish kebab or chicken. the breakfasts were diabolical, unless you were turkish you had the option of bread. the snacks were a bit better, burgers, chicken nuggets, chips and pizzas.

the pool was small for the size of the hotel and was mainly taken up by groups of boys playing with balls who didn't care who they hit. it was cleaned every night and was mainly clean throughout the day but had a lot of insects and things falling from trees. there was also a tile in the pool which was very sharp and cut a lot of people's feet open who had to go to hospital. there also seemed to be a lot of casualties, people walking around with bandages, one woman broke her leg and two people died during the two weeks we were there!

overall the hotel is very badly run. the manager has no idea who is staying in what room or what rooms are free, in just the first day we must have saw at least ten people complaining and asking to switch rooms. would NOT stay here again and definitely would not recommend. if you are unfit, elderly, disabled or struggle with breath do not go. the steps and bank are just too much.

Room Tip: DO NOT settle for a poor room. Complain until you are happy!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple