See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have just returned from a 10 night stay or should I say 7 night stay at this hotel with my girlfriend and 2 kids. I say 7 as on arrival the hotel informed me they had no room for us and shipped us of to the apalling sister hotel the Halici hotel in the centre of marmaris for 3 days. This hotel is not even an all inclusive hotel, the rooms are dark and dirty, air con did not work and the place is falling apart. We then returned to the halici 3 days later, which on arrival seemed amazing compared to hovel we had been put up in. This was short lived. Yes the hotel has amazing views and the pool area is nice. The rooms are also ok if you can put up with the smell of sewage wafting from your bathroom. The staff on the other hand are horrible, rude and ignorant. They ignore you, play on there phones and generally looked offended if you ask them to do anything. The restaurant manager being the worst offender. He shouldn't even be employed. He thinks its ok to pick up food with his hands from the serving trays whilst guest are having there meals and is incredibly rude, don't ever ask him to do anything beyond the call of duty like retrieve ketchup from the kitchen for you, it far to much hassle for him. The plates at meal timed are dirty. The cups at the pool bar are disgusting and often have sludge in the bottom because the Justin beiber wannabe can't be bothered to wash them properly as he's to busy chatting up 13 year olds. The second pool is scruffy and looks like something you'd get in some self catering apartment block that nobody can be bothered to tidy up. There's no entertainment at all. The food at meal times is generally recycled from the meal before. One day the chicken nuggets from lunch appeared at dinner, cut in half stirred in yoghurt and mixed with salad, nice eh. Have you ever heard of mint yoghurt an rice soup before? Yep me neither, more like tzatziki and left over rice made it a broth, absolutely vile. All I can say is thank god for apple bar, the guy are amazing and rescued our holiday from be completely written off. Don't not stay at this hotel under any circumstances unless you really enjoy any of the above. These people who say that the hotels lovely and people just complain about nothing and expect to much. No this is not the case, people just expect some level of customer service and some hygiene standards. Worst hotel ever!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My family and I are just about to leave after a week break here. When we arrived at 4:30 am we were told there were no room available - I then lost it and they magically found a room (albeit one with wires hanging out of the walls). An absolute pit - so the following day I went back and we got moved. Food is basic, the place is tatty and there is only aircon in the main bedroom - great news as we have kids sleeping in the living room. The entertainment is non existent and the DJ plays rap nusic very loud all afternoon even thought it was maily families staying here. Bottom line - find somewhere else fo your money and DONT BOOK HERE!!!!

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 10 days family of four .this hotel should not be in the brochures .health and safety is non existent the property is one of the oldest building In marmaris and is filthy my partner had to clean around the pool area for the first few days as no one was around to do this .we was located in the bottom part of the complex you have to walk up the hill to the main hotel daily and climb extreme stairs definately not reccomended for elderely or children .there is no food facility in the bottom complex area.so you have to climb the hill and stairs for breakfast lunch and snacks the juice I watched the staff top the water up daily and add powder to flavour to make juice the water was never cleaned or changed the cups are disgusting and very sharp .never washed with detergent there were holes around the pool area which my daughter caught her foot in many residents had been sent on arrival to sister hotel as the hotel was over booked .the food is mainly catered for the dutch residents .
Our air con unit was actually leaking water into the electric key that turned the air con on extremely dangerous when reported to the reception area they had a list of complaints bout 50 in total and added us to the list at the bottom most staff do not undersrand english at all .there is no entertainment we booked this as all inclusive and had to go out every night as an additional cost to amuse the kids never drank once in the evening at the hotel i would say this is a 2* hotel and I am going to bring the complaints to the attention of the reps at the travel agent THIS HOTEL SERIOUSLY NEEDS INSPECTING I WOULD NOt RECCOMEND BOOKING THIS HOTEL AT ALL ...........

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank tania123456
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Got back from a 10 days stay at this hotel last night. I have never complained about a holiday in my life and went with my partner and three girls aged 6, 8 and 13 years. We are a down to earth and honest family and thought we would go with an open mind after reading the negative reviews before we went.

We arrived at midnight and lugged kids and cases up the steep steps. The manager explained he had no booking in our name, no rooms and we had to go and stay for two nights at the sister hotel a couple of miles down the road. He explained it was not his problem and to phone my holiday company and we could use their phone at 2 lira a minute. We had no alternative and were moved again a couple of days later back to the original hotel, cutting into our holiday. While at the "stop-gap" hotel it was not an all inclusive, we were separated as a family in two separate rooms - not together. They did try and create meals for us but my kids don't eat plated up feta cheese and cold fish salad for lunch......we ate out.

When we got moved and started to talk to other guests - we were not the only ones. There seemed to be a pattern of over-booking and shipping guests out. Our new room was off the grounds from the hotel in a block at the top of the roadside . It seemed to be an ex- self catering block that was being used as family rooms. The staff were living in the basement of the block. The room was not what we had booked and we were on the forth floor. We were told this was the only family room left. There was no TV and one wardobe between the five of us. No lounge area etc as booked (I paid extra for a better room!)

Food was OK but lack of seating for a family of five - breakfast was a bit limited for kids. Lots and lots of steps, especially if you are down the road.

No entertainment. There was a mini disco for three of the nights which disappearred even though we waited at the pool bar for it to start at 2130 hours each night. One night the entertainment staff were handing out leaflets for the nightclub to guests when the disco should have been on. The entertainment staff seemed more interested in chatting up the younger female guests than an entertainment programme as well as playing gangster rap music around the pool containing swearing and racist words.

The plastic cups are filthy and disgusting swilled under a tap with no detergent. The rims are rough and pitted after rolling around the pool area and my daughters frequently had fag ash in their fanta from people using them as ashtrays around the pool. Some of the younger bar staff would not even make eye contact with you at the pool bar as they were too busy on facebook on there phones while pouring drinks.

Busra (female at the bar) and Ferdi (pizza maker) were hardworking and made conversation and atleast smiled and spoke to you. Nico was the outside pool bar supervisor and always spoke to us and was comical and tried to make us smile. In my opinion he should take over the entertainment!

We had read about the Apple Bar down the road before we went and this saved our holiday.....this and meeting another British Couple who had the same experience as us which got us talking and our kids played together. This bar is great and we and the kids loved it. Entertainment every night.....and due the the lack of mini disco the owner let us put on our own mini disco on the last night of our stay for the kids.

Returned to the UK feeling very disappointed and will probably pay more attention to trip advisor reviews before booking in the future. Added this review for that purpose, to share our experience!

Room Tip: Get a room in the hotel grounds - not down the road or sister hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sara c
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The views from the hotel were stunning and the location was excellent. However it is at the top of a steep hill with a lot of steps in the complex. Those are the positives.....We arrived at the hotel at 4am in the morning to be told that they had no room ready for us! We had two options to go to a sister hotel or wait. We chose to wait and finally got to our room 3 hours later. During our two week stay this occurred repeatedly. One family waited approx 12 hours for their room!!
Our room was cleaned daily however they spent 10 minutes so in reality they moped the floor emptied the one bin and that was about it. We had to repeatedly ask for clean bedding and towels. The food was awful on most nights and monotonous. There was no entertainment in the evenings so we ended up spending all our spending money on eating out. I can recommend the Three Brothers on the beach front and the Apple Garden just down the road from the hotel.
By day 6 of the holiday we all wanted to come home, it is a shame as the potential for this hotel is great but I would not recommend this hotel for families. It is more suited to young people who just want a place to crash after partying the night away.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any good rooms just make sure you have one!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family