The best thing I liked about Whispering Pines is that the whole cluster of tents is built on a small hillock with no major habitation around for miles. I believe that's the beauty of this place.
1. Good food & service provided, special thanks to Mr. Shobha Ram
2. Tents are neat & clean.
3. Good Hospitality. Very supportive& good staff
4. Awesome View
1. Power supply is a bit erratic in this area (and we forgot to carry torches!)
2. Lack of shopping options in the vicinity
A destination that should be on every true mountain lover’s bucket list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whispering Pines, Jwarna (near Kanatal) is one of India's highest adventure resorts, at over 8,000 feet above m.S.L. And one of the closest active lifestyle family holiday destination at this altitude from Delhi. Whispering Pines also has one of the Best Sunrise View in the country. Whispering Pines Himalayan Retreat, the property is nothing short of high level of comforts, unending array of recreation and activities for all ages, and a retreat virtually spread over an entire hillock - exploring which, may be a full day activity in itself. The retreat is well equipped and most popular holiday nature resort for nature and adventure lovers in the region, just 30 kms off Mussoorie, 10 kms off Dhanolti and 4 kms off Kanatal.A round-the-year destination, this magic kingdom, blessed by mother nature welcomes the new age, lifestyle oriented families, corporates, international travelers, with hard-to-imagine-unless-you've-been-there captivating weather. Cool breeze welcomes you here in the peak summers, bright open skies, with occasional hide and seek of romantic mists in the monsoons, and the warm sun tempting you to bask in its glory over the heaps of fresh snow in the winters. Reason To Visit: The wide variety of recreation for all ages and tastes. Amazing 180° view of snow capped Himalayan peaks all round the year. Thick forests of Cedar, Pine and Rhodendron all around in addition to Apple orchards. Good food and proximity to dozens of places of tourist interest, including Tehri Dam, Dhanolti, Mussoorie and more. Round the year destination for the entire family. Clearly for those looking for an Un-hotel experience and can enjoy mother nature sans TVs, WiFi, Mobile Phones (only BSNL gets great network here), luxuries and fancy glitz. Know It: Whispering Pines is an active lifestyle nature resort located away from the main town and there may not be any shopping options nearby. Do not expect multi cuisine gourmet dining or room service here. Carry lots of heavy woolens even in summers. Due to road widening, temporarily, our guests will require to park their cars at a spot below the property and walk for about 100 meters to reach the reception. Porters available for baggage. Inconvenience regretted. Feel free to talk to the camp managers before hand to clarify any doubts or queries that you may have regarding what to expect and what not to while coming to this natural haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Whispering Pines Himalayan Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.