“Relaxing stay”

Hackness Grange Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hackness
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at this charming hotel in October 2013 thanks to a groupon offer.
It was built in a lovely setting. The rooms were comfortable. The food great. It was a good base to tour the area I.e. Whitby, Scarborough, Filey etc.
Limited orange mobile service which was a pain but not the hotels fault!
We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Only book rooms inside the main building
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Very impressive on arrival, however this was tarnished shortly after arriving at the front desk. We were given the keys to our room, went in to find two single beds pushed together which was a far cry from the four post double I had negotiated whilst booking directly with the manager, the same four poster that was mentioned in the receipt of purchase e-mail as well. And the fact the email said room 7 when we were stood in room 5 scratching our heads. Challenged this with the woman on front desk, who basically shrugged her shoulders and said someone was in our room that night and we could have it tomorrow night. Not even a, 'sorry sir there's been a mix up', just a 'yeah someone's in it, make do'. Well I wasn't prepared to make do, OR risk falling down the crack between me and my partner whilst attempting our romantic get away. The front desk stand-off did however work in our favour and we were upgraded to the exec suite...which was in fact quite nice until we got into bed and tried to get comfy. I've never kipped on a sack of spanners but that bed gave us both a good insight into what it might feel like, both moving a foot down the bed to coincide the protruding springs (and other lumps) with the contours of our body to find the position least uncomfortable. This is room 31. 3 course meal on the first night was lovely, can't fault that at all and the breakfast did it's job fuelling us for heading out and enjoying the day. Basically I am pleased I bought the getaway at a discount price found on groupon, full rate for that room would have hurt. A really lovely building and grounds. I wouldn't discourage staying here but like I said at the start the overall quality of our experience at hackness grange hotel was a bit of a let down in certain areas.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ttde92
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

First off I would like to thank Roger, Pinky and Joe for all the hard work put in to make our wedding day both Simon and I really do appreciate it. What a fantastic day we had. From setting up the day before all the staff were attentive and very helpful knowing what needed to be done right through to the following day. I would like to thank the chefs once again the food tasted wonderful it was hot and certainly plenty. The waiters and waitresses were brilliant they did there job brilliantly especially having to avoid 16 young children. The protector used for the best man speech was fantastic and certainly added to the event including being able to have the music we wanted during the meal. The Dj was given a list with just 6 songs on including the first dance and told to play what he saw best. Thank you to Nigel he did fantastic all I asked him is I don't want an empty dance floor and I was definitely not let down. What a magical setting in an absolutely glorious location and breakfast the next morning was again fantastic food especially to say the chefs didn't finish til midnight and we're back again the next morning. If you are planning your wedding I highly recommend the Hackness Grange for January 2013 until 10th May 2014 nothing at all was to much and for that I am truly grateful for giving us the perfect wedding day. P.s Roger thank you for the Ham sandwich it was certainly needed on arrival to hackness straight after the church. See literally nothing is too much.
Nicola & Simon Whiteley

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicky H
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just returned from a two night stay at Hackness Grange Hotel purchased as a deal from Groupon with evening meal on first night and bucks fizz. Stayed in Room 16, the Dale Suite with my partner and 2 year old son. The location of the hotel is beautiful, we visited both Dalby Forest and Scarborough and both are within easy reach by car, with stunning scenery in both directions. The hotel staff could not do enough for us during our stay and we were made to feel really welcome. They were extremely accommodating when we asked to eat in the restaurant at 6 pm, the restaurant normally opens at 6.30pm but this was a bit late for our son - the chef agreed to open the restaurant early for us which was really helpful. The waitresses were very friendly and service was excellent. All the staff made a real fuss of our son and he was made to feel like a little prince whilst he was there. Our room was a suite made up of two really good size bedrooms, a small living area with sofas and TV and a small but adequate bathroom. The decor and furniture were a little tired but the rooms were lovely and clean and it was very cosy. The separate living area was ideal for us as it meant we could put our son to bed early and we were able to sit in the living area watching tv without disturbing him and as we were on the top floor up our own private staircase it felt like we were tucked away in a cosy cottage rather than in a hotel! The breakfast was very nice and set us up for the day. There are currently renovations ongoing at the hotel which I was pleased to see as this a lovely hotel in a beautiful area which deserves to be improved and updated. All in all a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Room 16 a very cosy suite for families with children. Furniture/decor a bit tired but very clean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LOS72
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just returned from a 3 night break at Hackness Grange. We wanted a quiet location, away from it all - we certainly got it! The food was plentiful, lots of choice & beautifully cooked & presented. The rooms are comfortable, the bathrooms could do with updating, but all very clean & useable. The staff were very helpful & friendly. When renovations are finished, this will be a truly beautiful hotel. I'm just afraid we wouldn't be able to afford to stay there then!
Just one negative, which is really something they can't do much about? No mobile phone signal - WiFi ok though.

Room Tip: Be aware some rooms have steps into room & bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2014

For those looking for peace and quiet whilst on the doorstep of bustling seaside towns of Scarborough and Whitby, this hotel is perfect.
Service was excellant, food presentation and quality was first class and it was overall an excellent break to chill out and relax.
Management and staff were particularly friendly

Room Tip: The main house is worth the extra, due to size of room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just returned from the Hackness Grange Hotel and I would like to say: what a fantastic couple of days we have had!
We arrived early to check-in but were still showed directly to our room in the courtyard, we were very pleasantly surprised to find a very comfortable family accommodation with splendid views.
Food and service was outstanding and the staff was warm and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel and I can’t wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andre S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hackness
Wrea Head Hall
#22 of 26 in Scarborough
Palm Court Hotel
Palm Court Hotel
#12 of 26 in Scarborough

Been to Hackness Grange Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!