“Not just the kings head, fit for the whole body also!”
Review of The King's Head

and 1 more site!
The King's Head
Ranked #1 of 1 Hursley B&B and Inns
“Not just the kings head, fit for the whole body also!”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I recently stayed in The King's Head for an interview. I went with high expectations and the were certainly exceeded! I stayed in the Heathcote room and it was simply beautiful. Having arrived middle evening around 6 the staff were welcoming and friendly! I was taken to my room and asked if I would be joining for dinner. I thought why not, and was definitely not disappointed! I had the homemade burger followed by a warm chocolate brownie! Both were of extremely high standards! I checked with the waitress to see if they were Michelin starred, or held I Rosette or two! I was most stunned to find that they didn't! The servers in the restaurant we well trained and attentive! One particular waitress even offered to do my ironing but I felt guilty when she arrived at my door with an ironing board and an iron!

Overall my stay at The King's Head was most enjoyable and one of the nicest places I had stayed with in Britain! If I'm in the area again, it would definitely be the first place on my mind to stay!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Doncaster
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Good bar, plenty of choice of wines and beers and a nice friendly atmosphere. Good food, had a very enjoyable dinner. The service was good and attentive but not intrusive, got the impression that there was good teamwork among the staff.
The hotel is well decorated and spotlessly clean. The room I had was small but comfortable, I enjoyed a good nights sleep. If the need arises would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Being the burger queen from New York that I am I was thrilled when I first bit into the King's Head's juicy burger. Served with chips this burger is the best one I have come across in Hampshire, also their Sunday roast is really good, just a little bit pink and doused in gravy with feather light Yorkshire pudding. Yum!!! The atmosphere of the restaurant is casual and laid back but it attracts interesting people as it is right next to the IBM offices. Dog friendly is a big plus and in the winter months there is always a fire gently blazing.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Winchester
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We booked for dinner on New Years Eve and stayed the night. The pub and restaurant were busy. The meal was lovely, well presented and nice selection for a New Year menu. We were sat in the smaller restaurant and everyone was having a great time. Little touches like a box each of party poppers, streamers and ballons all added to the evening. There was a disco in the bar after dinner, which was great. The staff were attentive, friendly and adding to the atmosphere. We haven't been out on New Year for a few years and couldn't have had a better evening. The room was great, the bed comfy with fluffy pillows and duvet. A great breakfast the next morning finished off our stay. Don't live far away but it was great not having to worry about a taxi home. Can't wait to go back for another meal.

Room Tip: Front rooms do have traffic noise, but it didnt matter.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed overnight on business, my telephone booking caused slight consternation at the price quoted, but maybe they misunderstood the double room single occupancy booking as the charge I eventually paid was a third less! Very good quality of room furnishings, bed exceptionally comfortable with nice bedlinen, good shower and amenities. At last a hotel that offers hangers that clothes stay on, some form of sueded covering which ensured my clothes did not end up on the floor! Very well done, small things like this really impress me. I didn;t dine here as was going to a meeting elsewhere, but while I was waiting for my taxi, there was a good influx of visitors coming to the pub, and with good interaction from the friendly staff. I was greeted in a very nice and helpful manner on my arrival. Breakfast was fabulous, cooked to order, small misunderstanding about my very exact requirements on how I like my eggs, which the chef acceded to brilliantly. Waitress in the morning whizzed about at 90 mph, smiling and making the customers feel happy and valued. Beautiful pub/hotel, well laid out, and I would highly recommend this.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms offer a high level of quality and comfort. The only tip I would offer is that...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed here overnite 1st Dec
My wife and enjoyed a very nice lunch and breakfast.
The food staff and bedroom was first class and will stay here again.
10/10 for this establishment.
Will return to try their apparently brilliant sunday lunch.
Would be nice if it was our local.

Room Tip: Had a room at the front and was not bothered by traffic - slept very soundly.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Dinner here was a delight all round!Took out our very hungry teenage son for early dinner and we all had a delicious meal. Loved the menu interesting combinations of flavours and great to have local produce with just the right amount of food on the plate! ('Best burger EVER!' quote our son)
I think the prices for this quality and area are spot on and will be back before Xmas!
The decor is really pleasing and manages to make it feel cosy and special at the same time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hursley
The Potters Heron