“Not worth the money ”
Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Salfords
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely setting. Really nice helpful staff but the steaks are poor quality for the price you pay. For the over the top prices you would expect perfection when it comes to the meat. We’ve been here 3 times now hoping that they improve but that’s it, we won’t be returning as we can buy better quality steak from the butchers which are tastier, much cheaper and unfortunately cooked better at home. The steak sauce is very nice but that was the highlight of our visit. We left the last time feeling really ripped off and certain we wouldn’t be going back.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review. I'm sorry you feel this way about the steaks. Thank you for the kind comments you made. Have a great day

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Used to be Harvester, been to Miller and Carter 5 times since.

Booking is essential, as the staff find it difficult to seat you otherwise.

My main gripe is the service. Although the hardware has improved (nicer decor, higher price point and supposed quality of food), to get attention of staff is difficult. The food is mass cooked and sitting under a hot lamp. They plate up buffet style at the open kitchen, which meant food is lukewarm by the time it got to our table.

For average of £50-60 a head, I vote with my feet and go elsewhere nowadays.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. All meals are freshly cooked to order. In order for all meals to go out together for one table they are placed under our heat lamps which are specially designed to hold food at the appropriate temperature. If you found your food was not to your satisfaction we would have been more than happy to rectify that for you. Thank you again.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I recently attended Miller & Carter Restaurant in Salfords, Redhill.
Because all meals were very expensive I only had a steak

We ordered Drinks first with water to go with the meal. The drinks came but the water never arrived.

I ordered a Lettuce Wedge without any dressing to go with my steak and when it came out they had put dressing on it despite asking specifically no dressing. I sent it back and they replaced it.

The Steak was excellent but the Beef dripping dipping sauce I ordered never materialised.

If you like Steak and can afford modern exorbitant pricing I would recommend this restaurant

Thank you for taking the time to leave an honest detailed review. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Booked on line for last Friday night perfect service throughout and very friendly staff full marks seems to get better and better food delicious with a great atmosphere- friends birthday and when we told the waitress she brought a birthday dish out - if you haven’t been your missing a treat

Hi Stephen, we are so pleased you all had such a great time.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We came here on a hot afternoon.
The place was not packed at 2pm.
Got greeted by nice and friendly staff who said we could eat in or sit out.
Very clean
Food fantastic
The cheeses nachos were to die for
The lemonade was nice and cold with lots of ice
The lunch meals were nice hot and freshly cooked - beautiful.
The staff who served us very professional and kind but also friendly as they engaged in conversations as we were not from the area.
The staff created a lovely dessert for my mum as it was her birthday.
I would highly recommend this place.
We certainly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.
the ambience is nice
Family friendly
Can’t wait to come back

Hi There, This review was such a pleasure to read. I'm so pleased you all had such a great time. We cant wait to see you all again.