We were looking for something in a "quieter" area (not full of clubbers!) with a nice pool, access to a nice sandy beach and within easy reach of buses, taxi's etc to get around. We weren't disappointed.
The hotel is as close to the beach as is possible; out the reception doors, past the pool, over the lawn (with loungers too) and there you go, on the beach. And what a nice bit of beach too. Absolutely lovely. One thing I thought was really nice was there wasn't the 'barrage' of shops facing the beach you get in some resorts, it was all hotels/apartments so you didn't feel you had to be spending all the time! There were things to do from the beach for the more adventurous if required. Banana boats, boat trips etc Lovely clean shallow water, perfect for bobbing about and generally having fun.
The food was very good really, we are fussy and always found something to eat. Mostly quite impressed actually! (I did try rabbit which I would not try again!)
The rooms were as you expect really. Clean and tidy, TV, mini bar/fridge, A/C (with doors shut), not a double bed in ours though but it was fine. Boring I know but there were 3 english tv channels, basically 1, 2 and 3 which I thought was excellent. Good selection of towels was provided and the shower was really good (wanted to take it home!). Our room on the back side of the hotel so overlooked the back of some apartments or something, I did have a bit of a moan about that but to be honest I was actually glad as it was very peaceful and overlooking the pool can be a bit noisy from past experience! Also the balconies didn't get much sun (few hours after tea on our side) though none looked like they got much sun to be honest. There were plenty of other places for sunbathing! And actually its quite nice not to be cooking all the time.
I was concerned before we went that we would hear ambulances all the time as the hospital is close by but honestly I think I heard one, so worried for nothing there!
I took another reviewers advice and went to Salesca car place across the road, nice cars good prices - great! Went to Formentor and Soller though I would only recommend the mountain roads for those with confidence, they are nice but a little scary, especially if you meet a coach on a 180 degree bend! Otherwise go the long way round on the motorway.
Someone else's review says it is full of German's at the hotel, we did find there weren't many English but no one nationality stood out for me. Plus it was nice to have a bit of peace!
There is also an English Pub just 100m away from the main door who do a good breakfast if you get up late, we ate there a couple of times and it was all good. Also there is a large Spar style shop in front of the English bar, it has everything but is expensive compared to the tiny little shop on the other side of the road - go to the little shop for water, pop, beers etc
Overall the hotel was really good, we loved the location and the beach itself.
(I will definitely consider going back there when I have some kids as the beach is just perfect)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grupotel Los Principes & Spa is the perfect combination of sea and land. The hotel and its apartments, located facing the sea and with direct access to Muro beach, are ideal for all types of guests. Its lush gardens capture the magic and peace that is necessary to switch off from the rest of the world, standing head and shoulders above other hotels and apartment complexes on Mallorca. Its modern Spa offers everything you need to forget your routine back home. Come to relax at this charismatic Spa hotel in the north of the island of Mallorca, on Muro beach. What more could you ask for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grupotel Los Principes & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Los Principes Hotel Playa De Muro
- Grupotel Los Principes & Spa Playa De Muro, Majorca