We are: Husband and wife (mid 30s) and 6 months old daughter
I find it very hard to rate this hotel because I have pluses and minus that different people will weigh differently and as you can see from the other reviews people seem to love this hotel (and I do believe that they mean every word of it). It just wasn't quite what we had hoped for.
It had been 30 years or so since I last visited the island as a child but to anyone that is familiar with Mallorca you know that you don't visit this part of the island if you are look for an authentic Spanish experience. Normally, We'd go for the latter but now with a young child we were looking to just relax and enjoy the weather.
We picked Parc Natural for these reasons:
1. 5 star
2. Wanted a balcony with full Ocean View (more on that later)
3. Was looking for family friendly but not a full scale play park.
4. TripAdvior reviews sealed the deal since they are so high.
For us the tone was set when we got there and realized that we'd fallen for yet another misleading marketing "scam".
A balcony with a view was one of the key requirements in picking our hotel. We booked it via a Swedish travel agent and they described it as "Balcony Towards Ocean Side" (translated from "Mot Havssida") while they in turn had translated from the Hotel's description of "Oceanside" (that's how I remember it at least). Both misleading, the first one more so I'd say.
So the hotel's justification of this was that the room is on the side of the building that is towards the Ocean but not a view of the ocean. OK, fine, the word "view" is not in there but of course they know it is a close enough and vague enough at the same time. Either way, we fell for it (mostly because of the Swedish description and that we trusted the well established travel agent). Additionally it turns out we were "lucky" because we had a view of the pool and not a set of ugly trees (only meters from balcony) which was the alternative we were shown when we complained (I would have probably moved out if I had to stay there). The staff listened etc but they said they were at full occupancy and there was nothing else they could do.
Upon our return we complained to our travel agent and they agreed that this was misleading and returned part of what we had paid and said they would review this description. We do appreciate that they recognized this and took action.
Before I move on, as far as I know it is only the Suites that actually have Ocean view.
Amazing. Some of the best staff I have ever seen. They really were 5-star and should I ever come back it would be because of them. I wish however it wasn't such a focus on servicing Germans (staff spoke more German than Spanish etc etc).. No, it is not that we have anything against Germans but we are visiting Spain and not Germany. However, anyone who has visited the area knows what I am talking about and given that I expected it, I accepted the fact and it didn't annoy me that much. The hotel next door was probably full of Swedish speaking staff -- that's just how it is in that area.
Is it 5-star?
If you've stayed at 5-star hotels before I think you'll agree with us that it surely is not a hotel that fits that category. However, it is probably 5-star compared to all the others hotel in that area.
The restaurant buffet is OK/fine but gets a bit boring in the long-run and the restaurant area has no character whatsoever. Also if you like to eat dinner after nine they will start preparing for closing (which should be 11pm) even though there are still some guests left (although not many) eating dinner. Staff here was once again very nice it just felt so rushed when they are clearly prepping for the end of the night when you are not half-way through your dinner.
The entire complex is very clean but I feel it was a bit sterile and architecturally/design-wise boring.
Minus the misleading view description I believe it comes down to this.. If you are in your 50's (most of the guests we met fit this age group) and up and you want peace and quiet and top notch service then this is probably a good choice. If on the other hand you pick a 5-star hotel to be impressed by the wonderful views, pool, hotel design, dining choices etc then this is not your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated between a long and sandy beach bordering the turquoise sea and the Parc Natural. Rooms: Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Balcony with garden or side seaviews. Suites: Lounge, 2nd TV & sofa-bed. New Spa & Wellness Center. Sport & Leisure: pool with additional children´s pool. Bicycle sports programs. Beach volleyball. Gym. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Splendid buffet. Restaurant a la carte. Services: Golf equipment storage. Discounts and reservations on green fees at several Golf Clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grupotel Parc Natural & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Parc Natural Hotel Playa De Muro
- Grupotel Parc Natural And Spa
- Grupotel Parc Natural & Spa Playa De Muro, Majorca