“clean, spacious, nicely located hotel”

Hotel Playa Esperanza
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed here with my two young daughers on 30 June 2012. Yes 95% of the guests were German/Swiss but they are quiet and family orientated and I felt myself and the children were in very safe company. Whilst the staff were used to German guests, we had no language problems in any of the restuarants, on-site shop etc and had everything we needed. We were fortunate to have a junior suite which was lovely, modern and spacious (two beds for the children and a sofa made up for me) and a modern decent sized bathroom. The hotel was always clean. There was good choice of food in the resturaunt and a couple of on-site cafe/bars for snacks during the day. There was a kids club run daily (at no extra cost). The beach was about 20 seconds away from the hotel with no road to cross. There was a bus stop outside the hotel which runs regularly to Alcudia. There are a number of shops/bars across the road from the hotel. It is not a rowdy area which was good for us. For a family/couple looking for a relaxing holiday with no need to go elsehwere unless you want to, this is great. Also, three swimming pools to chose from throughout the complex. NB although we were half board, the drinks with the evening meal are not free and you will receive a bill at the table for these.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the night entertainment noise, the junior suites are located in a separate area...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Nicola H

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Had a nice and good stay in this effiently run hotel complex. Especially friendly and efficient staff in restaurant. Food was good with nice view of sea and beach. Guests were mainly german, austrian and swiss aged 60+. The poolarea was clean, relaxing and quite despite a full hotel.
Staff speak sapnish and german, some english. Shows are good quality and worth watching.
All-in-all a good experience and a place to recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Checker2
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Excellent food, friendly service, well priced, nice spa, great location.
It is mainly german people who stay there, but so what.
They are all well mannered unlike many brits abroad.
If your looking for a quiet nice hotel, then book it, whatever you nationality.
They have shows every night, and they finish at a sensible hour, some quiet entertaining.

Room Tip: well, the rooms are like many spanish hotels, with thin walls, so I would recommend an end of corrid...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank davidvLeeds
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

Good hotel, food excellant. Pool cold. Very few english guests, mostly german. Not much English spoken by reception staff, Beds uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank p4travel
esperanzahoteles, Director Comercial at Hotel Playa Esperanza, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thanks for your comentar, if you found the beds uncomfortable you should have spoken with the reception, we have oder kind of mattress which could d be better for you.

Best regads.
Esperanza Team

Reviewed 15 October 2011

I arrived after midnight I was pleasantly surprised to be advised Supper had been set up for me in the dining room. Although I had booked a single room, I had been allocated a double on the first floor. I had a reasonable nights sleep but was very aware of the noise of the air conditioning unit nearby. When I looked out in the morning, I found that I overlooked the service area at the side of the hotel. I asked to change room by was advised by reception that I had been given a double room and I had only paid for a single and to think carefully before deciding. Single rooms were a lot smaller and overlooked the road. I did not see the point in entering into further discussion so I settled for the double room although I was to be further disappointed because the balcony had no light. If the entertainment is not to my taste I like to be able to sit and read with a glass of wine on the balcony, I overcame this problem by buying candles.
Just because a person is a single traveller, I do not think they should be penalised. Why should they make do with noise and a limited view.
Apart from the room, I was very pleased with the standard of everything else at this hotel. The food was very good and the staff very pleasant and being in such close proximity to the beach was wonderful.
I love the Alcudia/Playa De Muro area and the beaches, so I will probably return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank hmg1954
Reviewed 6 October 2011

This is the second time we've been to this hotel and it didn't disappoint! The staff even remembered us. They were very professional and new their jobs. The food was amazing, so much so that we were spoilt for choice. If there was a down side it was that we didn't hear another English voice, not that it bothered us. We just had fun watching them try to block themselves off from stopping anyone sitting near them. I was very impressed that they cater for the disabled. I noticed that they had a seat in the swimming pool that lifts a disabled person in and out of the pool if it's needed. They had disabled aids delivered to the reception for people who needed them. I was very impressed with this service even though I'm able bodied. We'll be back again next year!

Room Tip: Ask for one higher up. We overlooked the sea which had lovely view. The down side was that on the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 44bas
Reviewed 25 September 2011

a nice hotel but i think we had a not so great experience, the hotel is in a great posistion on the beach, the area around is quite quite with some restaurants and lots of souvinier shops, which many looked quite tacky. As we are young couple we had to get a taxi to find somewhere more lively. I went with my boyfriend and we are both 21 and this hotel was not for our age group, we got stared at constantly by other guests, for whatever reason, maybe they knew we were english because most were german. we felt very uncomfortable walking to the bar as we got stared at all the way to our seats, this happened on a regular basis and quite annoying so we didnt stay there at night.

The hotel itself is clean and well presented although i was quite dissapointed with our room, it was in the main hotel and was very dated, this may have been the one of last ones to be updated as i seen other rooms which looked much better. The beds were very hard and the bedside tabes were not fitted properly as you could pull panels off them. plugs were in ridiculus places beside the bed and not around the dressing table. there was one which was for the lamp which i used for my hairdryer ect, but half way through the holiday it suddenly stopped working so had to use the ones by the besd which was very awkward.
had a large balcony but looked out on the shops but was still ok. would of prefered a apartmentas you get a fridge and cooking facilities if you get hungry. there is room service which said was from 6pm till 10pm in the information pack. we phoned at 9pm as we were peckish and got told is was closed, we explained that it said till 10 but they just refused. either they havnt updated the pack or they just couldnt be bothered.
The batroom was nice it was new and well finished and had a lovely walk in shower but we had an ant infestation, hundreds of them. i left a glass with some drink beside my bed one night and woke up to find itt was covered in ants, which i had been sleeping next to.

when we first arrived the reception staff were friendly but we were given no information whatsoever apart from dinner times, for example we had no idea if we could purchase beach towels or where to go.

on a better note the bar a dining staff work very hard and are very efficient, and always try to be friendly, there was a large selection of food lots of fish, hot and cold, the food was cooked really well too, the chefs are there constantly cooking fresh food, sometimes you forget there there but realise how hard they work.

overall wouldnt go again as a young couple, great for families and older couples though and would reccomend to them.

Room Tip: try and stay in apartments as the hotel rooms are small and some are dated.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple