Hotel Playa Esperanza
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Prinsotel La Dorada(Playa de Muro)
View Hotel
Viva Blue & Spa(Playa de Muro)
  • Beachfront
Grupotel Natura Playa(Playa de Muro)
  • Pool
Ses Fotges(Playa de Muro)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Grupotel Alcudia Suite(Playa de Muro)
View Hotel
All reviewshalf boardbreakfast and dinnerlounge chairsocean viewchanged immediatelyper dayrosécar rentalevening entertainmentindoor and outdoor poolssmall waveswellness centredirect accessnoise cominglots of sun loungersmarket daysclean sandy beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed here with my two young daughers on 30 June 2012. Yes 95% of the guests were German/Swiss but they are quiet and family orientated and I felt myself and the children were in very safe company. Whilst the staff were used to German guests, we had no language problems in any of the restuarants, on-site shop etc and had everything we needed. We were fortunate to have a junior suite which was lovely, modern and spacious (two beds for the children and a sofa made up for me) and a modern decent sized bathroom. The hotel was always clean. There was good choice of food in the resturaunt and a couple of on-site cafe/bars for snacks during the day. There was a kids club run daily (at no extra cost). The beach was about 20 seconds away from the hotel with no road to cross. There was a bus stop outside the hotel which runs regularly to Alcudia. There are a number of shops/bars across the road from the hotel. It is not a rowdy area which was good for us. For a family/couple looking for a relaxing holiday with no need to go elsehwere unless you want to, this is great. Also, three swimming pools to chose from throughout the complex. NB although we were half board, the drinks with the evening meal are not free and you will receive a bill at the table for these.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the night entertainment noise, the junior suites are located in a separate area from the main hotel and are lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Nicola H
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Had a nice and good stay in this effiently run hotel complex. Especially friendly and efficient staff in restaurant. Food was good with nice view of sea and beach. Guests were mainly german, austrian and swiss aged 60+. The poolarea was clean, relaxing and quite despite a full hotel.
Staff speak sapnish and german, some english. Shows are good quality and worth watching.
All-in-all a good experience and a place to recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Checker2
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Excellent food, friendly service, well priced, nice spa, great location.
It is mainly german people who stay there, but so what.
They are all well mannered unlike many brits abroad.
If your looking for a quiet nice hotel, then book it, whatever you nationality.
They have shows every night, and they finish at a sensible hour, some quiet entertaining.

Room Tip: well, the rooms are like many spanish hotels, with thin walls, so I would recommend an end of corridor room possibly, all down to your neighbours I guess though..
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank davidvLeeds
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

Good hotel, food excellant. Pool cold. Very few english guests, mostly german. Not much English spoken by reception staff, Beds uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank p4travel
esperanzahoteles, Director Comercial at Hotel Playa Esperanza, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thanks for your comentar, if you found the beds uncomfortable you should have spoken with the reception, we have oder kind of mattress which could d be better for you.

Best regads.
Esperanza Team

Reviewed 15 October 2011

I arrived after midnight I was pleasantly surprised to be advised Supper had been set up for me in the dining room. Although I had booked a single room, I had been allocated a double on the first floor. I had a reasonable nights sleep but was very aware of the noise of the air conditioning unit nearby. When I looked out in the morning, I found that I overlooked the service area at the side of the hotel. I asked to change room by was advised by reception that I had been given a double room and I had only paid for a single and to think carefully before deciding. Single rooms were a lot smaller and overlooked the road. I did not see the point in entering into further discussion so I settled for the double room although I was to be further disappointed because the balcony had no light. If the entertainment is not to my taste I like to be able to sit and read with a glass of wine on the balcony, I overcame this problem by buying candles.
Just because a person is a single traveller, I do not think they should be penalised. Why should they make do with noise and a limited view.
Apart from the room, I was very pleased with the standard of everything else at this hotel. The food was very good and the staff very pleasant and being in such close proximity to the beach was wonderful.
I love the Alcudia/Playa De Muro area and the beaches, so I will probably return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo