We stayed for 10 days in mid June on a self catering basis. With two young children we were a bit unsure whether they'd be kept entertained and occupied at the resort but we were soon proven wrong. The pools, whilst quite cold, were excellent and the playground provided endless fun for them both. The rooms were a good size, clean and had all facilities needed. A travel cot was provided at €4 per night as well. Satellitve TV in the room was a nice to have although the signal would sometimes get interrupted due to weather etc. Evening entertainment was good, my eldest enjoyed the evening shows and loved being able to dance along and get involved with the characters. The hotel itself is set in a good location, very close to the beach and to local shops and restaurants (although the onsite shop and restaurant were both very good). Taxi's into Port Alcudia and Alcudia Old Town are roughly 10-15 euro's and the Old Town in particular is worth visiting, lovely cobbled streets with great restaurants.
Special mention must go to the hotel staff. We purchased some stuffed toys of the evening characters Bufo and Katte. When we checked out we left one of the toys behind so we emailed the hotel to see whether it had been handed in by any of the cleaning staff. An email back a couple of days later said they had indeed found her, could they have our address to post it back and she returned safe and sound a couple of weeks later! Also i celebrated my birthday during our stay, we returned from the pool that day to find a card and a bottle of Cava from the management team. Very much appreciated and a nice touch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the shopping district, just 200 m from Playa de Muro’s magnificent beach, and close to the S’Albufera Natural Park, Viva Blue is the perfect base for a fabulous family or couples’ holiday in the north of Majorca. It is ideal for families with children as it offers a complete array of amenities: swimming pool with water games and Pirate Boat, and an exciting entertainment program, including activities and dancing in the mini-disco. Couples, meanwhile, can enjoy an exclusive getaway and relax in the harmony of our elegant chill-out pool. It comprises facilities which are perfectly adapted for sports lovers and particularly suitable for triathletes. It includes a heated 25-metre outdoor pool, with 6 2-metre lanes. It also boasts a fully equipped gym And a fully equipped, new store/repair shop for cyclists makes it great for sports lovers too. Moreover, the hotel organises excursions with a guide. Our Balneum Spa & Wellness Center offer an even wider range of services to our customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Viva Blue & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Blue Hotel Playa De Muro
- Viva Blue Playa De Muro
- Viva Blue & Spa Playa De Muro, Majorca