The staff all work incredibly hard here at the Lagotel and do their very best for all the guests. We stayed here for 11 nights AI, 12/jul/11-23/jul/11. We went here for a family holiday with our 2 kids aged 12.
Upon arrival we were promptly received at reception and given key to lovely room 307 overlooking the lake. The room was spacious, clean and had a balcony. Only thing missing was a kettle! Hairdrier provided in bathroom , saves space in suitcase.Plenty of wardrobe space and kids had their own little room off main room. Bathroom clean with bath and shower over bath. Clean towels 6 days a week. Room cleaned daily.
Facilities at Lagotel are plentiful. Hubby enjoyed rifle/pistol shooting each morn and kids loved the pool. We used the salt water pools and the pool area was kept very clean. No trouble getting sunbeds here.
Played crazy Golf ( small charge applies), enjoyed it but mozzies were bit annoying.
Evening entertainment was good. Kids liked disco, Loved BINGO and most of the shows were very good. Enjoyed Charity night best. You need to be out quite early to get a seat for shows and make sure to wear lot of repellant as mossies are a nightmare.
Food was ok, always something to eat. Breakfast def the best. Always plenty of fresh fruit and crusty rolls available.
Bus to the beach at playa muro or 10min stroll. Beach is BEAUTIFUL!!!! The water is like a bath and is safe for children as does not shelve. Quite a few lifeguards on beach as well which is good. Ate lunch in nice place in playa muro near beach, had great chicken mayo baguettte, kids had chicken fillet n chips, fresh orange juice, we had water n beer all for under 20e.
Market worth a vist in old town. taxi costs approx12e from lagotel to old town.
Went to Western Water park on day excursion with No Frills( booked at hotel reception)
was a waste of money. We we there 7 years ago and since then a lot of things have changed. Used to be pony rides for kids, little shops etc. These have all gone. Now they expect u to pay for rubber ring to go on Lazy River!!!! Needless to say would not reccommend the place.
Went into Peurto Alcudia and the Marina. Nice to have look about.
Took taxi to Peurto Pollensa along coast as wed stayed in this resort before. Beautiful picturesque place with lovely prom featuring great sand sculptures. Some good shops and nice restaurants along sea front and up in the square. we ate here that night and had a lovely meal.
Visted Can Picafort which is also lovely. It has good shops and a lovely promenade.
Didn't see any cockroaches at Lagotel or in the resort at all which was great.
Kids were disappointed that wave lenght club no longer runs or the swim academy but that is not Lagotel fault.
We had no trouble at all with noise, getting to sleep or kids running around during our stay. If you want absolute quite why come to a family hotel?
We met some great people here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A complex comprising hotel and apartments in the Platja de Muro, situated next to the natural park of s’Albufera. The park is formed by grassy areas, dunes and salt marshes and is of great ornithological and scenic value, and is surrounded by two gardens of approximately 200m² each with a lake and jetty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Onthebeach, Hotelopia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eix Lagotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagotel Hotel Playa De Muro
- Lagotel Alcudia
- Lagotel Majorca
- Eix Lagotel Playa De Muro, Majorca