“the truth with good and bad and the ugly”
Review of Eix Lagotel

Eix Lagotel
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
liverpool
“the truth with good and bad and the ugly”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

returned from a week at lagotel

The good points

1. receptionist called marti , brilliant , very helpful and recommend seeking him out for advise etc

2. the food ...... afternoon dinner and lunch are of a good standard with i think a good choice . Always fish and meat dishes to choose , and good vegetable selections and salads are very good. Also most days there is a carvery section too, roast beef etc
Dont get me wrong, its not fine dining , but its very good for the price and anyone on the reviews that slates the food , must be used to 5 star hotels , because the food is good and i think thats an essential for all inclusive.

3.cleanliness ... the rooms whilst dated are spotless , the cleaners are good and i have no compliants .

4 drinks .... plenty of beer soft drinks and decent wine on draught, and spirits are ok , big measures and as much as u can drink. AQuick service from the bar staff and all friendly, i think this is another basic must have for an all inclusive ,

5 swimming pools... are big and clean and i recommend the breezers bar and pools as they are less crowded and a lot quieter.

6.. Beach . 15 mins away. excellent white sands warm water .. stunning
The bad points

1. entertainment .... If you like bruce lee acts and acrobats, then its your idea of heaven. I frankly dont , so the entertainment ie bingo and all the formentioned , is a let down. There is a good bar 5 mins away that has tribute acts nightly , i recommend a visit if you want decentish entertainment. I have to say that the host/compare is very good but i guess he has to work within the hotels budget to hire the entertainment acts .

2 Location .... quite a walk from anywhere

3. Sunbeds ........ divs who queue and race for beds when the gates for the pool open at 10am..... most are broken and old and the unbrellas are too few . i think id rather have people putting towels on sunbeds at 5 am then having this sad 10am charge for a bed .. ... its pathetic

4 breakfast...... major let down , toast .. like cardboard, bacon thats translucent with fat ... and generally a real let down compared to the dinner and lunch standard.The is a selection of cereals for those that like it . so dont let me put you off ,if you are looking for cooked breakfast of a good standard ... look else where

The Ugly ... the chav families who ruin most things for the decent people , loud , obnoxious , kids running riot ... but hey maybe im a snob

all in all its average and the basics of food and accomodation and swimming pools are good :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
15 Thank sparticuslufc
Hola
hanks for your realistic review.
About timetable of pool we found this sistem less problematic than letting people reserve sunbeds early in the morning, it is not perfect, but who knows the perfect system for this?

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Just returned (today) from our family holiday in mallorca at the Lag hotel. When we booked the hotel it was for one week only and the plan was if we really liked it to extend it by 4 days when we where there. We did not extend it for a number of reasons but none of them really bad things but just an accumulation of things that made us decide to stay the week.
There are lots of positives at the hotel, we found the staff to be polite and as previous reports confirm check in was all very good. The rooms are a good size and the ones looking over the lake are nice and cool of a night. The entertainment for the kids is fantastic with things going on every day in the kids clubs. Not a big bingo fan but even i was playing on a night with the prize money up to 550 Euro`s for the house. I also liked the fact that there was lots of nationalities. The one cabret not to be missed is the martial arts guy who is scary and fantastic at the same time.

The negatives start with the 10.00 am swimming pool policy, the idea behind this according to the first choice reps is to stop people putting towles on beds. It actually encourages this and makes it worse, as soon as the gates open its like a stampede with evryone for them selves (and does not stop people leaving towels on beds all day). It also means you dont have alot to do before hand. The restaurent floor is very slippy and infact is dangerous ! In the uk i would think the health and safety executive would have something done about it as someone could be seriousley injured.On a nightime it would also be nice to drink out of a glass rather than a plastic one. The mosquitos are a nightmare and i can say in all my years of holidaying abroad have never seen so many people with bites, everyone spraying mozzy spray on a nightime around their tables.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the lake
7 Thank LEE N
Hola
Thanks for your review, it will help us.
There will be a new flloring in the restaurant for next seaso.
About mosquitos, nothing we can do, but if the wind is as usual fro the sea the mosquitos are not a problem, they become a problem when its oposite wind or its no wind, both very unusual.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Just returned from a 2 week holiday to the lagotel with my husband & 2 kids (1 & 7) and my friend with her kids. We were greeted by the friendly staff and checked in quickly with no problems we requested rooms next to each other and a pool view, we got the rooms next to each other but with the lake view which I was def happy about (peaceful at night) def recommend this side of the hotel! Before you take any clothes out your cases have a look around the room as we had to call the reception due to a problem with ants! They sorted it rite away however there was still a few around the wardrobe area! Outside our room door there was also quite a few ants! This was my only gripe about the rooms they were fine apart from this! The restaurant floor is terrible please trust me when I say take ur time and be careful as i think they must polish the floor! Was very very slippy! The breakfast was gr8 the usual eggs bacon beans sausage cereal bread nutella jam etc etc only moan wld b some black pudding or tottie scones maybe?? Didnt really go for lunch but when we did plenty of selection and u always had the snack bars aswell! Dinner was a bit chaotic as they didn't seem to want to use the full restaurant and a lot of queues seem to form for food which you don't really want considering you have paid a fair price for your holiday, I would defo recommend they used the full restaurant at peak times to stop the queues! I noticed on the reviews before we came that they did a carvery! That was def sumfin I didn't c and maybe on a Sunday they could have had a nice roast! Maybe some updating of the food on offer would be good however you won't go hungry! We went to the pools across the road ( not a busy road) managed to get a parasol and sunbeds every day rite beside the baby pool mind u had to queue from 9.40 as the doors didn't open to 10! Wasn't a crazy rush to get to the beds either as it seemed to be in the main pool area at the hotel! I would def recommend breezers pools as you could c the kids in the pool as soon as you looked for them it was also nice and peaceful over there aswell! Also a snack bar shaded areas with wine beer slushes tea coffee water juice and you could buy ice lollies here! You get free tubs of ice cream at the main bar! The drinks were ok but I would say slightly watered down although the beer didn't seem to b but the wine and sangria and spirits def were!! We went a walk every nite to the resort and had a few drinks in a few different pubs so can't really say much about the evening entertainment although defo liked the chocolatte dance!! Seemed to b quite busy at night so obv was good!! Part of the reason we didnt stay around the hotel at nights was due to the amounts of mozzy's! We sat there our last nite and I got eaten alive by the flamin things! 17 bites on my arms, legs, belly and even hands!! I took and used every night Avon skin so soft and very good mozzy repellant that seemed to work away from the hotel but the minute I sat down I could feel them attacking me! My hubby got a few and my daughter got a bad one on her back! But 3 of us out of 7 was ok!! They seem to like me the most! Def take after bite spray and anti histamine tablets! All in all a good holiday was had by all of us! We had been to alcudia the last couple of years and I would def recommend there before playa de muro as more to do but still had a gr8 holiday!! Lagotel if you read this please stop polishing the floors as someone is going to have a serious injury in the restaurant!!!

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank Cazzamac77
Hola
Thanks for your review, both, nice and not that nice words helps us a lot.
About flooring in restaurant it's in our prevision to change it for next season.
United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Just had 7 nights all inclusive at The Lagotel Club. Myself, husband and 2 children ages 8 & 5 were part of a large family party including 3, 2 and 1 year old. On arrival, we had all been placed in neighbouring rooms as requested. A warm, friendly and amiable welcome was met by us from the reception staff which was a fantastic first impression.
We occupied a twin room sleeping 3 adults/2 adults+2 children. The rooms are typically basic but very clean. Maid service daily was a good standard. Beds always made, floors mopped including the large balcony floor, bathroom and toilet always clean and towels/linen changed as required including as standard. My only complaint with the room would be the balcony. We were placed on 4th floor and as a parent of small children, found it very unsafe. The rungs run horizontally making easy climbing for a child, therefore, I did not let my children on the balcony at all. I've stayed in Spain many times and this is by far the most unsafe balcony I have seen and feel the hotel would benefit from replacing them to make adults feel more secure as well as for safety reasons.
From an all inclusive point of view we found this EXCELLENT VALUE for money. The restuarant was self service with a good selection at every meal time. As soon as a hot tray was empty it was replaced within seconds. During our 7 night stay a different meal was available every night including the wonderful regular salads/breads etc. Breakfast was usual cooked/pastries/cereal/fruit which was always hot/fresh. I have no complaints regarding the food, in fact it was absolutely delicious. The restaurant staff were friendly and as soon as a plate finished, they were clearing away.
The snack bar foods around the pool were burgers/nuggets/hot dogs/pizza/chips/salads...always a hit with the children and kept them filled up during long hours of swimming.
The pool areas were always clean although busy as one would expect for the location/time of year. We found The Breezers Pool acroos the road quieter. A good idea by the hotel to combat selfish sunbed reservation is to not open any of the pools until 10.00 and close at 18.00. Whilst this does achieve the above, we did find that a queue formed each morning. However, we found this worked well and took the 'if you cant beat um join um' attitude! Joining the queue at around 9.15am easily obtaining beds. However we were a large group and wanted to be together but if you are travelling in smaller parties, probably would not find this a problem.
The evening entertainment was brilliantly geared up for children. The First Choice Reps provided great 'sing/dance along' entertainment that they loved. Although samey, they knew all the moves/words by mid-holiday! Fabien (part of the hotel staff) also provides humerous/warm rapport with guests whilst on stage. The adult entertainment wasn't great to be honest. I'm not a fan of magic shows personally but if you are, you'll enjoy it! The only decent night's entertainment was Avalon the rock band who were really really good.
The hotel is situated by a lake and evening entertainment is outdoors which I loved but makes for some juicy mozzy bites so make sure you pack plenty of insect repellent/plug in's for your room.
Overall, I'd say 3* is a fair evaluation of this hotel. A great time was had by all. I would definitely return to this hotel and whilst I would say is no good for couples looking for a quiet holiday, would recommend to families looking for a sunny get away that's good value for money.

Room Tip: All balconies were based on corner plots providing lovely views. However a small number of rooms had...
11 Thank Kate H
Hola.
Thanks for your review, we will keep orking hard and trying to improove.
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Just had 2 weeks at the Lagotel with my wife and 2 children aged 9 & 6. Before travelling, I was slightly concerned at some of the poor reviews however there were also plenty of good reviews to balance this out. My advice is to ignore the best and worst reviews and concentrate on the ones in between which are more likely to be balanced.

We had a 1 bedroom suite on the 6th floor and were impressed with the space including 2 balconies. Other reviews relating to ants may be accurate as there were a couple of stories of ants from other guests when we were there although these all appear to be on the lower floors!
The main downside to our room was the uncomfortable beds in the main bedroom. The sofa beds in the main room were much better(should have put the kids in the bedroom!!) The drains in the toilet did smell a bit however you are abroad and it is warm. Rooms were well serviced and towels changed when necessary. Our room overlooked the main pool and entertainment area so was fairly noisy until around 12.30. The rooms overlooking the lake may be quieter but to be honest you go there to enjoy yourself and take in the entertainment so most nights we were heading up about midnight anyway.
Food had a good variety in the restaurant although not always hot as it could have been. Complaints in other reviews about food are a joke. If these people want top a la carte food then they need to pay a few grand more for their holiday!! Snack bar food at lunchtime was a bit repetitive however you could chose to go into the restaurant at lunchtime also which a good choice.
Pools were all excellent and very clean. The 10 o'clock dash in the morning for sunbeds was quite funny. Interesting to see that some people were determined to get the same spot every day all day. Some mornings I did go down about 9.45 to the salt water pool and got beds no problem. It tended to open slightly earlier than the main pool and was much more relaxed and closer to it's own snack bar.
Bar staff were excellent and provided a fast and efficient service. They were friendly with the children and made them feel grown up when they were getting their own cocktails.
Reception staff were also efficient and I would imagine that some of the other reviews complaining About their grumpy attitutude is down to the typical Brits abroad arrogance. Yes they are there to serve us but we are in their country and they are talking our language so there can be a slight culture/language barrier.
Entertainment staff were excellent with Fabien a stand out. They are there every day from morning to night. I would imagine that they get several months off in the winter. First choice reps were also excellent and our kids enjoyed the kids club a few times each week.
In summary, ignore the poor reviews. They may be accurate accounts but considering the number of guests that must go through the hotel, they are a minority. This is a good all round family hotel giving you what you pay for with plenty freedom for the kids to run around. I don't imagine it would be fun for couples however. I don't believe in going back to the same place twice but if I did then I would go back here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floor. Better views and less chance of ants
9 Thank David H
Hola
Thanks, we loved your point of view.
edinburgh
Reviewed 16 July 2012

just returned from an 11 night stay at the lagotel. We as a family of 4 travel 2 to 3 times a year
all inclusive and have seen all levels of standards in the med,canaries. We were looking forward
to this hotel after staying at the aliathon village last year we thought that after reading the revues
this first choice hotel would be similer. Check in was efficient,we were in room 344. The four of us
slept in two single beds,a camp bed,and a put down chair. none of these were comfortable. Our
room looked on to the pool,entertainment areas. At night there was no way you could get to sleep
before midnight with the very loud noise going on downstairs. the room itself was cleanish but
needs updated as very tired loose floor tiles grotty grouting etc. There is often a rotten egg smell
in corridors as well. The floor in the dinning room is like an ice rink and we saw a couple of people falling with there plates in hand (dangerous). food 2 star quality most days and no better
than 3 star at best. Pool area never hosed down once that i saw so poolside sticky when in bare foot. Pool opens at ten am and the sad people accutally run to try to get the same bed as they
had the day before!!! The hotel have caused this as they keep you locked out until ten am.
most of the staff you can see are doing there best and if that wasnt the case this hotel would
be the worst ive stayed in. First choice really need to look at the 3star+ its given the lagotel.

Room Tip: choose a lake facing room,you might get to sleep.
4 Thank andrew070972
Hola
Thanks for your review, we will consider it in the way to improove.
Co.Clare
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Just back after two weeks all inclusive stay with 3 kids (4,8 & 10).Rooms were a nice size.stayed in room 103 over the lobby which can be noisy in the mornings with departures and if you are a light sleeper not ideal,found the food average,but quality of food at pool bars was very good.Night time entertainment was good for both old and young.tennis ,mini golf and soccer are all at a small cost.My kids did the kids club a couple of times but were never mad about it and there programme of events,so stayed by the pool or went to the beach which are both top class.Would recommend the Pirates show in magaluf as an excursion,it is a bit pricey in peak season but totally worth the trip.Hydro waterpark is not great for small ones as all the slides are really for 9 to10 year olds that are good swimmers.The Dakota steak house down the town is great for a meal out and good value,and a good Irish bar across the road for a drink is ideal(the posh paddy). in the hotel they have washers and dryers available free of charge and there is also a small gym with weights and a treadmill if you want to burn off those extra pounds.

Room Tip: stay off the first floor if alight sleeper
3 Thank PatDelap
Hola
Thanks for your nice words.
Hasta la vista
BQ Belvedere Hotel
BQ Belvedere Hotel
#27 of 74 in Palma de Mallorca
Sol Katmandu Park & Resort

Been to Eix Lagotel? Share your experiences!