“Got to be the best hotel in the area, for the budget!”
Review of Eix Lagotel

Eix Lagotel
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Got to be the best hotel in the area, for the budget!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from a 4 nights stay in Lagotel with 4 friends and had a great stay.

The commute from Palma Airport to the hotel was long and labourious, our friends however had a much better and quicker experience so I guess it's the luck of the draw. As our transfer coach in both directions was full to capacity.

The food is fantastic, dinner in the evening being varied, and tasty. There's obviously a few things that won't appeal to all pallettes but there's more than enough of a range to be satisfied with. The spread even got the thumbs up from one of our 'fussy eater' friends.

The rooms are ample sized and clean. Not much more to ask really. We had two singles as opposed to a double bed, which I almost expect as standard. Another couple in the group was dissappointed with this.

Pools are wonderfully sized you don't share with too many people and its the first all inclusive we have been to with enough sun loungers for everyone! Big bonus!!

Only two small negatives, beer is Estrella, none of the group were big fans of it, but it was fine for 4 days. The other is evening entertainment. Big kids orientation to it. But didn't stop us having a good time.

All in all, great place to stay, well worth it's money. Very difficult to find as good on the same budget. Without a doubt would go back!

• Stayed September 2013
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Hola
Thanks for choosing Lagotel for your holidays and for your positive review.
Hope to see you again.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in August my husband myself & 14 year old son. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday & met some lovely people. We encountered no bad behaviour, drunks or any kids running thru corridors at night. We made friends with many of the staff who are absolutely lovely if you just take the time to speak to them .

Food is exactly what you would expect from a 3 star, never struggled to find something nice to eat.

Rooms could do with some updating but hey we were hardly in ours.

Loved the walk down to the beach, really nice & very clean.

Spent a lot of time at Breezers pool which was kept very clean. The ladies looking after the snack bar at this pool work tirelessly & again we found them to be so friendly because we took the time to speak to them.

Entertainment was hit & miss but better than some 4 stars we have been to. Fabian & his team are absolutely wonderful !

Would we go back? Yes with no hesitation.

One word of advice re the mozzies, I took loads of different repellents that didn't work, so I bought some Spanish repellent from the Euro Spar down the road & never got bitten again.

• Stayed August 2013
ricardeix, e-comerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Hola
Muchas gracias. Satisfied guests makes us happy.
We will keep working hard trying to improove.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

hi just back had lovely holiday met nice people .
this hotel is a family hotel so be aware if single or couples looking for quiet .
The first chioce team work really hard so does fabian and sarah to make ur saty welcome .
Food has every thing for every1
drinks is local spirits ect but u cqn mix coctails if u know how or make vodka slushi
ive been 2 years in a row
will be back
mind the insect cream tho as mossies are about

Room Tip: ask for low floor with children
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thanks!!!
Dorset
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Firstly the best review for the Lagotel is that we all loved it, and would book again without no hesitation. However...get yourself a safe, and take mosquito repellent!
We had no complaints about the hotel, the rooms were basic, and yes maybe a little tired, the TV was very small, but your not there to watch TV! The room was spacious and clean. Good sized balcony, which overlooked the complex.
The food in the main restaurant is certainly not top quality, but I cannot see how anyone can complain – its all hot and tasty and plenty of variation. We have 3 of the most fussiest children and they all found something for every meal. The fruit is lovely!
We went at the end of August and it was quite quiet. We had no trouble getting a table for the evening entertainment (althou this may be different in high season). The entertainment was the best we have seen – Abba’s Angels, Four Tops etc. Varied and plenty of audience participation. And as everyone has said, Fabian deserves all the credit he gets! If you want peace in the evening you wont get it until midnight.
The complex itself seems friendly and there was always a good atmosphere with plenty going on. We didn’t have any problems getting sunbeds at either of the pools, but again this may be different when the hotel was busy.
The local area is worth a visit, use the free shuttle bus to the beach. Its a lovely beach and everything seems so cheap! Well worth a visit or two.
Get yourself a safe - we heard a few people having money taken from their rooms, one guy lost 140 euro, so for 2.50 a night it well worth it.
We left at 6.30am the last day, and they had the restaurant open so we could have tea and coffee and snacks etc - that was a nice touch (I need caffeine in the morning!)
The reps were fine as well (First Choice), in fact apart from the mosquitos we couldnt find anything at all to complain about! Go and enjoy it!

Room Tip: overlooking the complex is nice...but expect noise until midnight!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank RustyForest
Hola
Thanks a lot. Happy guests makes us happy.
Hope to see you again
Bristol United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights with my mum from 1st Sept to the 6th.

We got a room over looking the entertainment and pools, i would of preferred the the view of the lake but it doesnt bother me, some people are just too rude and fussy!

The hotel itself its lovely, obviously a bit out dated, people are moaning about the sofas in reception, so what? people only sit there to get wifi on their phones which is a service provided by the hotel, stop moaning or put your data roaming on.

The entertainment was EXTREMELY loud, me and my mum were going to bed about half 10/11ish and luckily I took my ear plugs.

The man who did the entertainment was funny and I give him credit he worked during the day and on the nights, one rep I saw dancing looked like she was either embarrassed or just didn't want to be on stage but oh well, doesn't bother me, I didnt take kids.

The food was fine, my mum is the most fussiest eater I know and yet she managed not to starve her self every night, funny that isnt it? I did expect pizza though! but the food was fine.

Kids however.............were vile. This hotel is full of them, if you're a family take them here, if you don't want to be splashed in the face repeatedly by children in the pool and ask them to stop for them to say 'no its what kids do' then don't go here. We spent the majority of the time by the beach anyway. Shuttle to the beach is 5 minutes down the road, takes about 15 minutes to walk but definitely worth it.

One thing I would say to management is please make sure all underage children do have an orange wrist band on as some were getting absolutely slaughtered!

Beds werent particularly comfy, I did have to swap with my mum, but not something I would complain and moan about, get over it.

As for mosquito's....My mum bought the jungle spray stuff and put it on, got covered in mosquito bites, I didn't put any on and was not bitten once, so in my opinion don't use anything.

The shuttle getting to the hotel took around 2 hours which was so annoying, but its not the hotels fault, its whoever I booked with, on the way to the airport was worse, they picked us up (First stop) drove a hour and a half to pick people up then to go PAST the hotel again...we were on the coach for about 3 and a half hours!!

Oh and after the second day I noticed room service kept taking my ashtray so I had to make do with a plastic cup with some water in?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alexandra B
Hola
Thanks for your stay and for your realistic point of view.
Hope to see you again.
Wordsley, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The transfer took about two hours due to other stops so arrived really late. The kids were starving but receptionist allowed us to get food from the restaurant at one in the morning!
The apartment was basic but cleaned well and regularly, there was however a problem with ants up the wall, but they left us alone! Food was good, although there's normally sometimes dodgy about the all inclusive bacon and sausages! Lol. Pools were great and the community of families poolside was lovely. Daily snacks were a bit trashy; burgers, nuggets chips but kids did not mind.
Evening entertainment good and involved kids well. Remember to cover up if you don't want to be ravaged by mosquito bites like me!!! Playa de muro is a 5 min bus ride or nice 30 minute walk away and has a lovely beach with surprisingly warm water. And lots of bars and restaurants and shops.
I recommend lagotel we had a lovely week in the sun with for a great price and met lots of nice people. Downside are just no frills, transfers and mosquitoes. A great holiday for families.

• Stayed July 2013
Hola
Thanks, both positives and negatives will help us to improove.
Hope to se you again.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed at Lagotel for 1 week starting 27th August. The main reason for booking this hotel was the price as it was one of the cheapest on First Choice website,was our 2nd holiday of the year and could take 2 adults and 3 children who were aged 7,5&3. We arrived at 11 am and were told our room would not be ready until 1pm so we used the luggage room and went to get some food. I went to reception at 1pm and was told 1.30pm so went back then and was then told 2pm. I finally lost patience and moaned and as if by magic our room was ready 2 minutes later. The room was dated with pictures on the wall where all the colour had faded the main beds were 2 Zbed/camp beds pushed together and there was only 1 socket in this room above the dressing table. But at least it was clean and cleaned most days with clean towels as long as you left your dirty ones in the bath. The pool areas were good, we went to breezers pool across the road which had 3 pools ranging in depths from shallow to deep enough for adults. It had a pool bar with unlimited beer, soft drinks tea and coffee and food, burgers, sausages, chips and pasta. All meals were ok, nothing great or too tasty, but I have had much better at other 3star plus hotels.
We had a fire alarm go off at about 1am on our 2nd night and my main concern with this was the fact that the night porter/receptionist was unsure of fire procedures and what to do with the fire panel. It took an English hotel guest who was a fire officer to clear things up as some guests were obviously reluctant to go back to their rooms until it was all ok. All 3 of the first choice reps and 3 kids club staff appeared to have that end of season attitude. There was no rep to greet us off the coach transfer or help with luggage as we have had at other first choice hotels. When we went to see a rep she told us she was new today and brought in to investigate all the bad reviews etc and then the reps all seemed to be more helpful. My main reason for not going back or recommending this hotel is just how noisy it was at night with children still running around past midnight, using the corridors and lifts as some sort of race track. But if you can cope with this then the food is ok and the beer and drinks really are selfservice and plentiful, you might find you will have a great time. marks out 10 (10 being excellent) hotel 5, food 5, drinks 8, pools 8, reps 4, entertainment and activities 8.

Room Tip: one over looking lake is quieter side of hotel and if you arrive before 2pm then make sure all swimm...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynne C
Hola
Thanks for your stay and for your helpful remarks.
best regards
BQ Belvedere Hotel
BQ Belvedere Hotel
#26 of 74 in Palma de Mallorca
Sol Katmandu Park & Resort

Been to Eix Lagotel? Share your experiences!