On arrival the hotel looks clean, the reception staff are all polite, friendly and willing to help. Especially Marga, who always had a smile and her willingness to help was second to none, an absolute asset to the hotel.
The rooms have all been decorated and refurbished over the winter months, so once in the room they were exceptionally clean and fresh with modern furniture. We had a room overlooking the lake, lovely view and I suspect in high season a little quieter. Rooms cleaned every day, apart from sundays, however if you leave the towels in the bath they are replaced with clean ones every day.
For an all inclusive hotel the food was fantastic, breakfast consisted of a choice of cereals, fabulous fresh fruit, toast, bread, cold meats and cheeses, pastries and traditional English cooked breakfast... always hot and replenished constantly. Lunch was excellent too, the outdoor pool bar also served burgers, hotdogs, nuggets, fries and salad until 17.00/18.00. Dinner was fabulous, always a yummy soup, plenty of variety meat dishes, fish dishes, paella, pasta, salad, cold meats, beautiful desserts too along with cheese and biscuits. This is not A La Carte so do not expect it to be, but for a buffet style restaurant it is perfect.
New sunbeds surround a beautiful pool area and the gardens are well maintained. PLEASE NOTE: there is an additional pool area directly across the road, literally walk out of a gate, over a very very quiet road, through another gate and into another beautifully well kept pool area. The food bar this side was open until 18.00 and was our preferred choice as it was a little more peaceful than the main hotel. Definitely worth a visit.
The hotel operate a courtesy bus that operates every 30 minutes, Mon-Fri 09.30 - 21.00. However the beach is only a ten minute walk away. This is a must, beautiful white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. Two Sunbeds and a Parasol is 10.65 euros, money well spent... stunning!!
All in all a brilliant hotel, good food, clean rooms, friendly, smiley staff... Perfect Holiday!!!
REMEMBER: the lake attracts more mosquito's than normal, therefore don't forget your mozzy spray.
Suggestions for the Hotel: purely constructive and not a criticism... consider small bottles of water as part of the all inclusive deal, expand the Wi-Fi area, reception and the foyer often get busy. Maybe look for alternative game instead of Bingo every night, a little repetitive... other than that fab hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A complex comprising hotel and apartments in the Platja de Muro, situated next to the natural park of s’Albufera. The park is formed by grassy areas, dunes and salt marshes and is of great ornithological and scenic value, and is surrounded by two gardens of approximately 200m² each with a lake and jetty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Onthebeach, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Eix Lagotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagotel Hotel Playa De Muro
- Lagotel Alcudia
- Lagotel Majorca
- Eix Lagotel Playa De Muro, Majorca