Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Lagotel 13-17 May 2014, booked online as a bit of a bargain break cost just over £100 each for the stay all inclusive, found lots of good deals online but after reading reviews on tripadvisor we decided on Lagotel.
Wasn't expecting the greatest even though reviews were good as it was so cheap but we were all very impressed, travelled with 5 adults and one 4 year old child, stayed in 3 twin rooms 514, 515 and 516 lakeside view. The rooms were modern and stylish with 2 single beds and a sofa that could convert to 2 further single beds, large balcony, flat screen tv (including most main uk channels), fridge hidden away in a cupboard!! Bathroom had bath/shower, bidet, toilet and sink, a hairdryer is provided plus hand wash, shower gel and towels . Everything is spotless and the maids did a great job daily.
The food was really nice great choices of hot and cold dishes at each meal and always fresh, one of the party is vegetarian and although there was only one day when there was an actual vegetarian meal(lasagne) she was never stuck for something to eat as there was always plenty of choice, it was quite busy on the Saturday and a little hectic in the dining room but suppose that's to be expected in a large hotel. Drinks were ok, serve yourself wine, beer, soft drinks, fresh juices, water, tea and coffee for spirits you have to queue to be served at the main bar but this was never a problem. Snack bars near pools served usual burgers, chicken nuggets, pizza, chips e.t.c not the best but ok for hungry kids if you can't drag them away from the pools which were excellent, clean and safe areas for little ones also plenty of sunbeds to go around.
Entertainment was ok plenty to do in the day if you get bored with sunbathing, darts, football, mini golf, pedaloes, on lake etc, usual games room air hockey.... Evenings was mini disco from 20:30 then adults entertainment, bingo, dancers, singers, magicians. Free wifi but most people could only pick it up in reception.
Hotel runs a bus service to beach every half hour but it is only a 10min walk and probably takes as long on bus with the one way streets. Beach is lovely golden sand and clean with life guards present. There are a few bars and shops as well.
Probably a lot more to the hotel than I've mentioned but all in all this is a great place to stay in a lovely location if you don't want a magaluf style holiday!! Staff were great and very hard working I can't fault it at all and would definitely recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A complex comprising hotel and apartments in the Platja de Muro, situated next to the natural park of s’Albufera. The park is formed by grassy areas, dunes and salt marshes and is of great ornithological and scenic value, and is surrounded by two gardens of approximately 200m² each with a lake and jetty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eix Lagotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagotel Hotel Playa De Muro
- Lagotel Alcudia
- Lagotel Majorca
- Eix Lagotel Playa De Muro, Majorca