“My thoughts on the lagotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Eix Lagotel

Eix Lagotel
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“My thoughts on the lagotel”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have just returned from a week at this hotel and will never go again or recommend it to anyone:(
When we arrived ( 2 adults, 4 children age 18mth, 4,6,8 ) 5 suitcases and 3 bags plus 2 buggies the coach driver put them in road no one came to help us in therefore we had to do relays into the reception keeping close eye on the children :( we then got a key to our room which on booking was 2 bedroom! Family room only to find a poky bedroom with 2 beds in and twin beds single sofa bed a cot in TV room ! We went down to reception 9.15pm and complained only to be told by a miserable bad mannered man there is nothing we can do until the morning as all 2 beds needed cleaning :( we where then told the restaurant was closed for cleaning and would have to wait until 10pm and there would be some food available :( I wouldn't feed my dogs the rubbish they expected children to eat that time of night. The next day we went back about room and had to argue with staff on what 2 bedrooms means :( needless to say we got no where . The hotel was clean and basic the food at lunch was pizza. Hotdogs, burgers and cold chips or you. Old questions at restaurant for a few slightly diff things. At night we had to argue with waiting on staff where we could sit because certain parts where closed :( the food was same most nights boring unhealthy rubbish. The only good things where the pools and the drinks not to bad! Oh and I lost a few pounds in weight so if you need too, you can go stay there probably better than a health club an a bit cheaper!

Room Tip: Don't know
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mx52003

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
N Ireland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just back today from a wonderful week spent in Playa de Muro in this fantastic hotel. The first high point of the stay was that when were getting checked in we were informed that we had been upgraded for free to a family room (102). We had a lovely spacious room with a double bed, private bathroom (bath, shower, toilet, bidet, toilet, whb), a spare bedroom, a fridge, a flat screen tv (plenty of channels in English), two huge wardrobes and a private balcony (with table and chairs and clothes drier) overlooking the beautiful lake. Superb!
This is the first time we had ever done an all inclusive holiday so did not really know what to expect. We were majorly impressed by the fantastic selection of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is everything you could possibly want and more (I'm now addicted to banana ice cream!!). Drinks wise, it was serve yourself to wine, sangria, beer, juice, soft drinks, tea/coffee and lovely cocktails were available between 7pm and 11pm (behind bar). There were also a large choice of spirits behind the bar. If you missed lunch or were peckish between the set mealtimes there were a variety of snacks available at the bar all day - what more could you ask for!
The beach and shops are about 10 mins walk but there's a free shuttle bus every 30 mins. The beach is gorgeous and the pools at the hotel are just fab. For sun worshippers there's any amount of sun loungers around the large pool areas and lots more seating in the outside bar area. For families there's lots of activities to keep the kids occupied and from what I could see the young ones were having a great time.
There were a few 'bad weather days' during our visit, but to watch thunderstorms over the lake was fabulous in itself.
We did a bit of nightclubbing during our visit after the evening entertainment at the hotel - there was a great rock band on Monday night :) We headed to a club down on the beach on the Saturday night and to the Banana Club in Alcudia on the Monday night. It's still early in the season so a bit dead for clubbing (and expensive) but that's to be expected.
Shopping wise, head to Alcudia or C'an Picafort for decent shops as the shops in Playa de Muro are basically all the same and not great. Taxis are about 8 euros +/- to both places, buses about 2 euros pp each way.
Medication wise, I spilled water around my inhalers, rendering them useless (it happens! :)). I panicked a little but spoke to a guy at the desk who advised me to head to the pharmacy near the beach. I chatted to the pharmacist and my inhalers were replaced for 3.50 euro each - relief! This is just one example of how helpful the hotel staff are - they were all really helpful to us throughout our stay.
In a nutshell, really well-run hotel, great food and drink, great value for money (we got a great deal), lots of entertainment for kids and adults and there's so much more than I've even mentioned. Thanks to all at Lagotel for being so accommodating and for the lovely experience. Muchas gracias!!

Room Tip: Hard to say - Lakeside, lovely view of the lake but more chance of mosquitoes? We asked for a doub...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank blackrocker79
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest
We say Muchas Gracias to you!!!
Thanks a lot for choosing our hotel to spend your holidays and specially thanks for your nice review. We will keep working hard and trying to improove.
Hope te see yoy again.
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My friend and I booked 4 nights at this hotel all inclusive for a girlie break! We were pleasantly surprised and couldnt have got better value for money to be honest.
The only downside to our break was the transfer from the airport. The paperwork did state that we may have to wait for an hour at most to be transferred, and unfortunately thats what happened. Within 40 mins of landing we had our cases and were on the coach, we waited just over an hour on the coach to leave due to flights coming in from all over the uk to be transferred to various hotels (although it was a lovely coach with some tables and air-con!) but then the journey to our hotel took 2 hours!! This was only due to us being the last drop off and we had to drop everyone else off first with the coach going up and down the streets of Alcudia and beyond, sometimes seeming to go back on itself. It was such a shame, as the journey from hotel to airport only took 1hr 15mins. I think if I go back I would rather pay the 75euros each way for a taxi to be honest and leave out the transfer. I def wouldnt put kids though that coach journey.
We were welcomed to the hotel with a smile and a speedy check-in, however, all I will say is that the receptionist could have been a bit more informative with things such as times of meals, location of room, safe (we had to ask) and the general set-up, as she never told us anything really, Athough she did advise us that we needed to go to lunch staight away as it would be finishing shortly.
By luck, we were given apartment over in the other block which was brilliant! We had a twin room, bathroom with bath/shower, living room with flatscreen tv (english channels incl ITV, CH4 etc) and a kitchenette with fridge and microwave. So although we were all-inc, we bought some bottles of water, tea and milk to have in the room, save us going backwards and forwards. We were in room 5003 on 5th floor and it was perfect. A lovely double balcony with doors from the living area and bedroom, air-con too but we didnt really need this at this time of year. A lovely view from the front and the back too. The only noise we really heard was people upstairs moving furtniture about at night which I presume is for sleeping purposes. Each room has a safe which you can hire and give a deposit which is returnable with the key and receipt. This is quite reasonable and would def recommend. The beds were made everyday and the room was spotless.
There are a number of pools, 3 in the main pool area (incl a kids pool but we didnt go here) and 3 across the road in Breezers Club pool area. All 3 pools in Breezers are diff depthsand were a bit chilly but ok once you got in. The kids around didnt seem to be bothered though. Breezers is where we went everyday and seemed to be quieter (cld do with a bit of background music on quiet for some atmosphere) although on the Sunday this did become really busy and full of kids I presume due to the half term hols the next wk.
The food was lovely and was always a great choice. Fresh salad, meat, fish all freshly cooked, pasta, rolls, cakes/pastries and usually a choice for kids i.e. fish fingerws or nuggets! Most nights there was cheese and crackers and a range of deserts including ice-cream and jelly for the kids! There are snacks available from both pool bars all day long (burgers, hot-dogs, chips, fried onions, salad bar and fresh fruit incl water melon) but no fish or veggie options really although there was pizza on some days but we always opted to go into the restaurant for the buffet. The drinks at both pool bars are self service and it is limited to beer, wine, sangria, soft drinks, water, hot drinks machine incl peppermint tea and camomile (this is also the case in the restaurant re drinks). Anything else has to be got from the main bar in the hotel, but they do have a great range of drinks including cava (which went down a treat!) The snack bars also sell ice-creams such as spanish equivalent to magnums etc which are approx 1euro 60 (prob cheaper than UK) but in the main buiding bar there is a freezer with pots of ice-cream in which are included in the all-inc and you just help yourself which is great for kids.
There is a shop onsight which is very reasonable and not the extortionate prices you usually find in a hotel shop, and it sells everything you need from drink, food, gifts, sweets, inflatables, bags etc. Newspapers can be purchased from hotel reception for approx 2euros 60.
There is a free bus that runs every half hour from the hotel into the main town of Playa de Muro but the walk takes 10 mins and is nice. From Playa de Muro you can get the bus into Port de Alcudia which costs 1 euro 55! Or you can jump in a cab for a few euros. We only ever got a cab from Alcudia to the hotel, which at 11.30pm costs us 9 euros, nothing compared to the money you pay in UK to travel the same distance.
The port is lovely, make sure you walk up the port as there are some lovely bars/restaurants along there right up to the end. Eating out seemed really reasonable, about the same as UK if not slightly cheaper and drinks were about the same! We had a few cocktails out which were about 6 euros each at the most and really lovely! Wherever you walk around the hotel, Playa de Muro and also Alcudia, you feel safe, its very clean and everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
The hotel staff were very friendly and the hotel was clean. Being a family orientated hotel, there is entertainment on in the day and the nightime entertainment does go on til about 11.30-12midnight so dont be expecting an early night, although my friend took ear plugs which seemed to work a treat. The hotel did start to get busy and I would think gets really busy during the kids hols, but I can see why families flock there as it's perfect.
There is so much to do but this was a chill out holiday for us, a break from work, kids, men and chores, so we were quite happy to laze about by the pool or walk into town for a mooch and a cocktail.
The weather was great although we did arrive to some cloud and a spot or 2 of rain and the Sunday morn was horrendous.....grey cloudy and pouring with rain but by 2ish was roasting and not a cloud in the sky!
All in all this was a great holiday and I would def go back especially with the family.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment room in the other block and higher up.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
13 Thank Melanie K
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Melanie
Thanks a lot for your stay in Lagotel and for your positive review. Thanks also for your opinión about reception, it will help us a lot to improove.
We hope to see you again.
cheshire
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from this hotel stayed 19th-27th May 2014....would like to say how brilliant everything was....from the lovely rooms we stayed in 303 overlooking the lake fab views...food was one of the best all-inclusive's I've stayed in so far (stayed in quite a few) I must of put 2 stone on lol..my sons aged 12 & 13 loved the fact they could get slushies all day long & ice cream from the fridge 12-6pm for breakfast I had full English everyday...plenty of fresh fruit & salads too...outside served snacks like hotdogs chips nuggets including salad stuff it wasn't sat there all day like some hotels do...Even if it ran out the chef kept it topped up all day till 5pm ish...husband & son hired the pedalo outside the hotel for 6€ you got it for an hour with a 3€ deposit return...so 3€ was worth it..liked the free shuttle bus that ran every half hour from 9.30am till 9pm to the beach came In handy...local spar is located about a 5-10 min walk from hotel...drinks weren't cheap or watered down either you could get most drinks including baileys, martini & cocktails, self serve tap for lager also..
Plenty of sunbeds to go round only downfall I would say about this hotel is the bad wifi reception this could possibly be updated... But then again who goes on holiday to use wifi :)
All in all had a very relaxing time would definitely return just wished I would of taken my 3 year old grandson too he would of loved it...Maybe next year :)

Stayed May 2014
6 Thank shazzer20
Dear guest.
Thanks a lot vor your stay and for your nice opinión. We will keep working hart and trying to make happy guests.
Hope to see you again.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

just got back from a 7 night stay at the lagotel as a family of 5.
Absolutely fabulous time had by all. Shuttle bus available every 30 minutes to take you to/from the beach although we walked it a couple of times and it is only a nice 10 minute walk from the beach and shops of alcudia.

we spent a lot of our day times by the bigger pool by the hotel and ate at the pool bar every day. Pool area is very clean. Sarahs hobby club on the main stage every day except sundays is a great place to create a holiday masterpiece! We made 5 between us!

Entertainment on an evening was great. My children thoughrally enjoyed the disco every night at 8.30 and as a family we also enjoyed the bingo at 9.15 where you could win as much as 400€! The 10pm show varys alot with some great acts and also some mediocre ones. fabian is a fantastic gent.

Our room was very clean and modern. We had a lake side room. Beds were very comfortable. Rooms were cleaned everyday except sundays although bins were still emptied on sundays. Maids were very friendly :)

Free wifi in the complex was fab to keep costs down when contacting family and friends back home.

Being all inclusive we ate at the hotel everyday. Breakfast showed great variety and dinner had great choice too which encouraged my family to try new things! Best bit for me was puddings!

I only have 2 small I wouldn't say criticisms as they aren't but maybe perhaps suggestions and they are music by the pool assorted as hearing now 87 repeated 25 times a day got boring and the other being slight pool entertainment during the day for the children. I do understand there is a hotel run kids club but I for 1 don't like my children being left in a club all day as I feel its their holiday time to spend by the pool relaxing and doing what they want too :) again I must stress that these are not criticisms.

We are now pricing up to come back next year!!

Overall a super fantastic holiday!

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank amyfaz27
Dear guest.
Thanks a lot. Happy guests makes us happy.
We hope to see you againBest regards
Derry
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I can not fault this hotel or the staff one bit. Me and my boyfriend are just back from a 5 night stay, we loved it so much we booked on for another TWO nights and changed the flights. With the help of catriona Ofcourse, she was one of many helpful members of staff, but she really looked after us while we were changing our flights. The beach is only down the road, there is a free shuttle but we liked to stay in the sun so we payed €6 for a gocart and cycled it to the town and chained it up until we went back to the hotel. The swimming pools are amazing there is also a salt water pool with a pool bar with food at the other side of the road, litterly open one gate cross the road and into the other (it's quieter) we stayed at the main pool tho, pelayo was so friendly, always smiling and even lifted our stuff from the pool and kept it aside as we forgot one time. The rooms are gorgeous, hotel is gorgeous FOOD is gorgeous, different food every night even the food at the pool bar was nice thanks to antiona.. My boyfriend wants me to mention there are cola slushies lol he loved them! Also alcohol is served until 12 at night, juan was such a lovely bar man, always knew what I was going to get lol !! Entertainment was amazing, the comedian was hilarious, would defs recommend watching him. You really don't need to leave the hotel as it's perfect, we went out one night but stayed at the hotel every other night.. Can't wait to come back in September time .. I have to say a big thank you to fabian for all the entertainment, we loved the shooting and paddy loved the killer pool (as he won twice haha) and darts. He always kept us updated and really made us feel like part of the family.. Thank you's we absolutely loved it :)

Room Tip: We stayed in 112 which was great as I can't get lifts lol I get vertigo, it was a gorgeous clean...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Kimberley D
Hola
In the name of all Lagotel Team: THANK YOU !!
We loved your review.
Hope to see you in september.
Your Lagotel Team
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in end of May 2014. Food was good available all day long. Nice pools and free shuttle service to centre. Only reason i didnt give 5 star is entertaintment very poor for adults. Everything shuts down by 11.30. Just families with kids only will have a great time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ank55
Hola
Thanks for your stay in our hotel and thanks for your opinión wich is very important for us.
We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de Muro
#26 of 73 in Palma de Mallorca
HSM Lago Park
HSM Lago Park
#13 of 30 in Playa de Muro

Been to Eix Lagotel? Share your experiences!