Family of 3 (2 x Adults - 1 x 10 year old girl) stayed for a week during half term. We booked the flights through Thomson and the accommodation direct with the hotel. This also included free transfers (more on that later).
When we arrived (about 3am) we were quickly checked in and offered food and drink but we just wanted to sleep. We had room 238 which is set back and so doesn't really get any sun on it morning or evening. TV and fridge in room although fridge didn't seem to work. TV had wide variety of English channels. Daughters bed was really hard and we asked for an additional mattress and some extra pillows at reception.
Food is breakfast, lunch and evening meals with snack available at the side of the pool. Availability and variety was very good and no massive queues. Drinks are self serve for beer, wine, tea coffee, slushies and cold drinks.
Pools are excellent although v. cold while we were there. Sunbeds are nice quality (most look brand new) and plenty of them although the poor weather could have had something to do with that - 3 days of rain and a hailstorm!)
Hotel is 10 minutes walk away from a lovely sandy beach (about 10 Euros for 2 sunbeds) and about 45 mins-1 hour walk from Alcudia (10 Euros in a taxi).
Entertainment is generally good - activities are offered during the day (football, table tennis, pool, darts, shooting, archery etc). Most seem to be organised by Fabian who gets on with kids and adults alike and enjoys a bit of a laugh and a debate on football. Then you have the standard kids disco for 1/2 hour at about 8.30pm, followed by bingo (chance to win about 400 Euros every night) and then some variety act (most good, a couple are a bit dull but it depends what you like).
For the price I paid I have to rate this hotel as Very Good but I wouldn't want to pay any more than I did.
The transfer to the hotel went without a hitch however I asked reception to check my pick up time for departure which he did (midnight). I also asked if I needed to check again in case it changed and I was assured that it wouldn't. When we went to reception to check out we were told that our transfer had arrived 45 minutes earlier than we expected and we had missed it. After a couple of phone calls we were told that we would have to pay for a taxi (about 80 Euros) and then reclaim the money when we got home. I said that this wasn't acceptable and after a while (and a few phone calls) all was sorted. This wasn't really anybodies fault (apart from the guy on reception who didn't anticipate a change in pick up time) but it was something we could have done without at the end of the holiday and especially at that time of night. Definitely one to be aware of if transfers are through hotel).
I would happily recommend this hotel although because of the weather I would probably give the whole area a miss, especially at this time of year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A complex comprising hotel and apartments in the Platja de Muro, situated next to the natural park of s’Albufera. The park is formed by grassy areas, dunes and salt marshes and is of great ornithological and scenic value, and is surrounded by two gardens of approximately 200m² each with a lake and jetty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Priceline, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Eix Lagotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagotel Hotel Playa De Muro
- Lagotel Alcudia
- Lagotel Majorca
- Eix Lagotel Playa De Muro, Majorca