“Brilliant”
Review of Eix Lagotel

Eix Lagotel
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was excellent. We stayed from 13th June 14 to 22nd June 14 and would loved to have stayed longer. Everything was fantastic from the well cleaned room to the hotel staff. The food was brilliant as there was always something you could find to eat and as I am one of those fussy eaters it was great. We had requested a lake view and we got one which was great. Normally I am plagued with mosquito bites so prepared well in advance by taking an antihistamine tablet 7 days before I arrived and continued to take them whilst there, I had aftersun lotion containing a mosquito repellent and i had a roll on mosquito repellent and only got 2 bites which was impressive. Poor husband however got more but then he didn't use any repellent. It was great being able to help yourself to various drinks and snacks throughout the day and to be honest you really didn't need to leave this hotel if you didn't want to as everything you needed was right there. The entertainment some nights was a bit poor but you could put up with it as other nights were good including the comedian and the Rod Stewart tribute act.
The beach is beautiful but wish the authorities would do something about the numbers of people selling watches, glasses and handbags etc. There are far too many of them and they do not understand the word no. However the man who sells the fruit is great to watch and listen to and the young chinese girl Louisa who gave my husband a massage was fantastic.
We will certainly come back to this hotel again, however next time we will get a taxi from the airport as the bus taking us to the hotel took two and a half hours to get there, not including the time we spent on the bus waiting for it to fill. We decided when we were coming home to get a taxi to the airport and it only took 40 minutes!! therefore if you can save up some extra money and get taxis which are about 150 euros return. Please do not be tempted to book the speedy shuttle as a man and his wife on the same bus as us did this and got dropped off 1 stop before us and we were the last stop and we had paid the regular price.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are great especially rooms 412 up to about 419 as the breeze you get in the afternoo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Elizabeth S
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Elisabeth
Muchas gracias, happy guests give us power to keep working hard and improoving.
Hasta la vista.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am just back from Lagotel and before going I was afraid the hotel was going to be swarmed with kids from the reviews as four people in out 20s (2 couples) I was afraid I'd be joining the kids club for entertainment from the reviews . However when I got there I was delighted to be wrong the hotel is a bit out of the town but it was only 5 minutes walk in and a quick taxi ride which was really cheap to a night club the banana club is good . We had all inclusive and it was brilliant loads to choose from in both food and drinks . The night time entertainment in the hotel was good also . The beach was amazing and there's water sports on the port alcudia beach . Definitely go to port alcudia it's a bit livly . Rooms were very spacious and clean towels changed daily and the staff at the hotel go out of there way to help have to say it really was a great holiday and enjoyable for anyone families , couples , young and old . Great place

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Nicolahogarty

Dear Nicola
We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your holidays. Thanks for your stay in Lagotel, and thanks for your nice review.
Kind regards
Lagotel Team

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I certainly loved it i know i am only eleven but it was amazing I loved the kids club the staff was great even when we were waiting for the bus to go to the airport they opened the breakfast area for us to get a bit to eat before we leave .the entertainment was absaloutely brilliant and I was happy on my last night because I won bingo .The pool I was a bit dissapointed because evrybody left there drink cups around and the bees and mozies were everywere I did get bitten once or twice but I do advize you to bring spray for them we stayed there for two weeks and I loved it the all inclusive was amazing I could get a drink whenever i wanted me and my family would totally recommend this hotel to absaloutely everybody I would love to go there again

Room Tip: we did get an upgrade to a second room because there was five of us you should diffinetly book this...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank miniclubx

Hola Amigo
Thanks,we loved your review and we are very happy to know that you have enjoyed a lot in Lagotel.
Regards from Mallorca

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed a week at the Lagotel Club with my 19 year old daughter and my sister in law from 30th May to 6 June for a relaxing holiday, we had an absolutely brilliant stay, could not fault a thing well maybe except the length of the transfer by coach from hotel, next time I would take a taxi but of course this is no fault of the hotel. I have stayed in quite a few all inclusive hotels and this is among the best I have stayed in. We had a lovely spacious room with a large balcony overlooking the lake as we requested this at the time of booking. We found the food and drink to be of a very high standard that is why i came home a half a stone heavier. Although there was quite a few children about for the first few days as the complex is so large it never felt overcrowded and there was always plenty of sunbeds by both pools, one of the pools is just out through the gate at back of hotel and across the road and also snack bar there as well where you can serve yourself beer, wines and soft drink and slush puppies, if you want spirits you go into the main bar and are served these by the very pleasant bar staff. For those more active there are tennis courts, football pitch mini golf squash so plenty to keep you occupied which meant we did not leave the hotel very much to go to the beach which by the way is also lovely and only a 15 min walk at most or there is the shuttle that leaves every half hour but we just walked it as it was a nice stroll. It was quite a bit out of alcudia though which we went into a few nights but took a taxi costing about 8 euro each way. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, to be honest I cant wait to go back and hopefully maybe in September . It is a fabulous hotel for families and couples or anyone just looking to get away for a great holiday... Go and you wont be dissappointed!!!!

Room Tip: We had room 311 which overlooked the lake
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank geri12345
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest
Professionally, nothing makes us happyer tan happy guests. We loved your review, many thanks.
Hope to see you again.
Best regards

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went with my partner, brother and his family. Me and my partner had an excellent time exploring the sights and visiting places. The hotel was clean, staff were extremely helpful and friendly particularly Marti who reminded us of poirot lol. Room service was good and the service in restaurant was excellent. Whilst we didn't see our rep for the whole time we were there the hotel staff were knowledgeable and informative. We also booked our excursions through the hotel which was quick and easy.

Entertainment for kids was good and although one or two of the acts for adults weren't great some were excellent particularly the comedians and magician.

Getting around on buses is fun although some buses not always on time but then coming from England we were use to this. There is a shuttle bus from hotel to main road although easily accessible in ten to fifteen minutes walk if leisurely stroll is your thing.

We have no complaints about the holiday, flights were great and transfers seamless and would visit again and can't wait to book another through first choice which was easy.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Woosar

Dear Guest
Its allways easy to be friendly and helpful with friendly guests. So, thanks a lot for your stay in our hotel, for your nice review and for beein so nice with us.
Greetings from Platja de Muro

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Me & my partner have just returned from our 3 night stay at the Lagotel and have loved every minute of our stay. We decided to book this hotel over the other ones we had seen, after reading the reviews which other guests have taken the time to write which having now been can confirm are all accurate and true.

I'm a very fussy eater and I was so impressed with the food here and would highly recommend this, as there is plenty of choice for everyone.

Only downside was the beds... In my opinion beds were really hard and I found them really uncomfortable and did not sleep much.

I would highly recommend this hotel for guests of all ages and families.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Lmcdonald28

Dear Guest
We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed every single minute in our hotel. Thanks a lot fos having choosed us and for your nice review. We are sorry about the matress, hope next time we will be able to offer you a softer one.
Kind regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel in September 2013, this was a relaxing girls holiday. Our room was huge and over looking the lake, a lot of people have complained about mosquito bites but neither of us had one bite. I put that down to the very good quality plug in we took for the room after reading these reviews. Our room was huge, I would say that this was a family room rather than for 2 people. The room was cleaned daily and the towels and sheets were regularly changed.

The food in the hotel was plentiful and there was lots of choice, including fresh fruit and veg at every meal.

There are 2 main pool areas, the quieter one is across the road, this is where we went most days, we never had a problem getting sun beds.

The staff were all very friendly, both the hotel staff and the reps, I would say they may of been a little understaffed as they always had so much to do. There is entertainment every night which we both enjoyed.

The hotel runs a bus into town every half an hour or so (note though it was rarely on time) but it is only a 10 min walk

I would highly recommend this hotel, especially to families.

Room Tip: Our room was right above the reception area on the first floor, no only did we have a lovely view bu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank SFMsams

Dear Guest
Thanks a lot, people satisfied with our hotel and services makes us happy.
We will keep working hard and trying to improove.
Hope to see you again.

HM Martinique
HM Martinique
#18 of 28 in Magaluf
Sol Katmandu Park & Resort

Been to Eix Lagotel? Share your experiences!