We returned from the Albufera Park a couple of days ago - mum, dad, 4 year old and 1 year old.. I booked it on the strength of the trip advisor reviews and wasn't disappointed. In fact we were delighted with it. It was fantastic. The hotel is situated in a lovely, quiet location at the far end of Playa de Muro, next to the nature reserve, and gives direct access onto the beach - perfect if you or your kids like to trot backwards and forwards between pool and beach. Beach is shallow but lovely, water is clear and warm. There is a really nice supermarket next door (although the prices are steep - bring your own sun cream and nappies etc if you have room!) and the bus service runs past the front of the hotel.
We had a family room on the first floor, side facing so without a view as such, but it suited us fine as it was very quiet, so on the nights when we didn't want to see the entertainment, we didn't really to have to hear it either! Also the split level aspect of the hotel meant that our balcony was actually on ground floor level which was ideal with such young children. The rooms were modern, the bedroom was spacious, the kitchenette was handy (although we went half board and didn't really bother with much in the way of lunch, we only used the microwave for bottles) and the whole place was absolutely spotless (rooms and public areas.) The room was cleaned to a superb standard each day. The bathroom was of a standard you would expect to see in a recently built Hilton or similar - very modern and spacious. We did have a bath although I know not all the rooms do.
All the public areas were cleaned (discreetly) whenever necessary and/or to a regular timetable, nowhere ever looked dirty, anything that was broken was fixed straight away. The whole complex was clean, modern and spacious - none of the crowded/concrete aspect that you can get with other hotels we saw. The pools were lovely. Large, warm, clean. There were enough sunloungers to go round, I think, although as with other hotels, they were usually reserved at or before breakfast time. The landscaping was beautiful. The reception area was very nice. We were offered champagne or orange juice within seconds of arriving, and as soon as we got off the coach someone (who actually looked managerial) came running over to help us get our cases off the coach and into the building. All the staff we encountered were nothing less than delightful - very helpful and friendly from the desk clerks to the chefs in the restaurant. Which brings me onto the food - it was just superb. A wide choice of hot and cold buffet food at both breakfast and evening meal time, fish, meats, salads, rice, pasta, pizza, breads, cheeses, numerous desserts etc. The hot food was cooked in front of you and everything was constantly freshly replenished. Just great. There was always a pasta and tomato sauce available for the kids who might not want to try the more adult-style dishes. The chefs were very friendly and often made a point of shouting out a greeting and smiling as you walked past! The staff were also very friendly towards our children. High chairs are already set out at many of the tables so you don't have to go looking for one. The drinks are pricey if you're not all inclusive, but we're not big drinkers so it wasn't a huge issue. I really can't praise the food enough and with young children, that is a big consideration. You can also eat at the Tamarindos semi open air buffet, which you need to book for (no extra cost if AI or HB) although we had a few problems with flies taking too much of an interest in our plates there, so only ate there once.
You can wander round to the Albufera Playa hotel which is part of the same complex but more geared towards adults - the pools were even lovelier and the landscaping even nicer than the Park hotel. It was much quieter there and far fewer children, so I'd recommend it for couples. Anyone can use either set of pools though which was nice, I went for a quiet swim in the Playa pool one day. We also went into the hotel building there and it was superb.
On the above points, it's clear from our stay that the Park hotel is mainly for families, and the Playa more geared for couples/singles etc. It's much quieter. The vast majority of the guests in the Park had young children with them. However I knew that before we arrived - a tiny amount of internet research (or just reading Iberostar's own website!!) will tell you that, so the reviewer complaining about "screaming kids" only has themselves to blame. Besides which the children we encountered were well behaved and only made the noises of children having fun!! The restaurant was certainly busy with the number of children there, but not in a bad way.
As for the sewer smell - yes I noticed it very sporadically but it's a feature of the resort/island/whatever and certainly not specific to a problem with this hotel. And it really was only sporadic.
The evening enterainment was pretty good - not that I'm an expert - but our four year old certainly enjoyed it! Drinks were bought pretty promptly by the table service.
We didn't use the kids club or do any activities per se, we went out on a boat trip one day and into Alcudia old town on another, but the pool and the beach were so nice that we didn't see the need to go out and about. That said we were blessed with perfect weather for our entire stay (mid to late June) - one cloudy day out of 10 and temperatures in the mid to high twenties every day.
I would love to return to this hotel and I'm fairly discerning, so I can't pay it a higher compliment than that :-) in fact I'll be looking at booking again for next year hopefully. It was a pleasure to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the sand at the marvellous Playa de Muro, the IBEROSTAR Albufera Park hotel makes for a lovely postcard of your holiday in Majorca. This is due to the quality of its facilities, exclusive location and a pleasant atmosphere where families with children can have a whole host of fun experiences. The Albufera Park hotel features rooms for every type of family: with children or without, with or without sea views, with the family pet, and even with the exclusive Star Prestige service that gives access to a rooftop VIP area with Balinese beds, Jacuzzis, Open Bar with drinks and some unique views of Playa del Muro. The range of services and facilities at the Albufera Park hotel is magnificent: Miniclub (ages 4 to 7), Maxiclub (ages 8 to 12), Teenieclub (ages 13 to 17); four restaurants and two bars; live shows and entertainment for guests of all ages; SPA Sensations with up to ten different types of massages; outdoor pools with slides and water jets; free Wi-Fi; children's playground; all inclusive... And, of course, direct access to one of the best beaches on the entire Mediterranean - Playa de Muro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Iberostar, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Albufera Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Albufera Park Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Hotel Albufera Park
- Iberostar Albufera Park Playa De Muro, Majorca