First I would like to say how ridiculous some of the previous reviews on this hotel are. Looking at those before I came made me start to dread what I might find when I got there, and this is why I want to tell you to disregard them totally. Albufera Park is a very good place to spend a week or two, and I would definitely recommend it. When we arrived, there was a mix-up with our room (no fault of the hotel, our travel company gave them incorrect information) but the staff were very good and offered us a better one. We found a very clean and spacious room, and our maid kept it outstandingly clean throughout the 11 nights we stayed. The only faults with the room were that you had to pay for the safe and minibar, and you did not get this money back.
We were especially impressed with the beach, I can't put into words how amazing the sea is- so clear! However, there were a lot of people selling sunglasses and fake Rolex watches (which somebody said go away if you ignore them the first day, but actually don't) but this is something the hotel can't really help. The pool was very good, but we noticed there were no lifeguards much of the time in Albufera Playa, the neighbouring hotel.
The staff? Wow. Every year I go somewhere different, never the same place, and I have never seen such helpful, cheery, amazing staff in all of my life. That is saying something! Our waitress for most of the holiday was always happy, and within a few days memorised what we would always drink and even our room number! It also happened to be my dads birthday when we were away, so the restaurant staff even made him a huge chocolate cake, did a wonderful table piece and threw in 2 bottles of champagne. The staff at reception were very helpful every time, and we're also always smiling. Now, the entertainment. Again, never seen it so good. Every night there is a 'Smiley Disco' for kids, which even gets all the adults having fun too, and the kids all love it. They even have awards ceremonies for kids who have been extra kind or helpful, or have won a game during the kids clubs. The shows were absolutely spectacular, especially the 'Best of the 80's night and 'Robbie Williams Tribute' night. Every one of the show team are very talented, and I would give this a rating of 6 out of 5.
The weather was gorgeous all through too. And the mention (or more like strop) about a sewage smell, come on. It's a tiny waft of a very weak smell that lasts about 5 minutes in the evenings.
Overall, I would highly recommend this place to anyone considering it, and I'd it werent for the mini bar and safe charges, this hotel would be five star. Come here.
TO THE BOSS OF THE HOTEL
Here is a list of the staff who really stood out during our visit, and who should get a bonus in their next pay check!
Our waitress. Always very kind and helpful and definitely the best I've ever met.
Our maid, very good with the room- often left chocolates after making the beds and cleaned amazingly.
Waitor. Was always super helpful and a sexy bum too ;)
Has the nicest smile ever, this man needs to work at your hotel.
Reception. Gave us very good information, always helpful.
Reception. Gave us a better room when Thomas Cook messed up the one before. VERY GOOD STAFF!
Keep up the good work, because we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Mum, dad, can we come and live here?” This is the question kids ask most at the IBEROSTAR Albufera Park. Here they can play on never-ending slides, swim in the turquoise water of Alcudia Bay, build sandcastles, make best friends and enjoy all the services they need to feel at home. Find out for yourself why this pet and child-friendly hotel in Majorca could become a second home for your family. All-terrain apartments. There’s no better place for a family holiday than this family hotel in Majorca. The kitchen corner and microwave will really help you during this holiday with your children. You can prepare sandwiches for trips and warm up your baby’s bottle at any time of the day. A wink of an eye is all it takes to get to Playa de Muro. It’s so close you can spend all day toing and froing between the pool and the beach. The calm, crystal-clear sea is perfect for your children to wave at the fish swimming between their toes. Gastronomy to meet your needs. The IBEROSTAR Albufera Park is designed especially for children. So much so that there’s a dining space just for them: the mini buffet! Not forgetting the best Majorcan and international cuisine for all the family in one of the best All Inclusive hotels in Mallorca. A water park in your home. We have swimming pools for every member of the family, even with huge frogs with bulging eyes and slides that the young ones will never get tired of using. If that’s not enough, at the Miniclub they can dress up, do handicrafts, paint, cook, and so much more. Even ride a pony. Star Prestige. Enjoy some luxury on Playa de Muro. The best bed in the best room with the best services. The 46 Star Prestige rooms for adults provide the most exclusive services and VIP access to exclusive areas of the hotel. Bring your senses to life. The sky is the limit in the SPA Sensations. Unwind with a marine gold treatment or treat yourself to a massage with aromatic oils. You deserve it! There are over 20 facial and body treatments to choose from. Pet Friendly. We know that pets are one of the family, so bring them on holiday to Majorca! With this service for dogs under 10 kg, you’ll have a room with a balcony next to the area for “walkies”, and a bed for your pet (subject to charge and on request in a family room). What’s more, your dog will get a welcome pack with a toy, plastic bags and bowls for water and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Iberostar, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, Lastminute, LoveHolidays, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Iberostar Albufera Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Albufera Park Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Hotel Albufera Park
- Iberostar Albufera Park Playa De Muro, Majorca