We spent one week at this hotel in August 2012. We found the appartment spacious and clean, but the toilet seat was cracked! Although a family of three, we were only offered bed sheets for the double bed and no sheets for our daughter to sleep on the sofa. We initially found the food good, but after two days we realised that it was quite boirng and repetitive. We started having worries about the cleanliness of food, as there were many dirty plates in the piles by the food. When mentioned this to a waiter and showing them one example, they just took it and said nothing.There were flies around the food, so we became more suspicious. Sometimes the food in the morning looked as if recycled from previous night. The specially arranged children's food looked disgusting at times. The cooked food was often not really cooked, so after 2 days we stopped eating anything that we thought could cause stomach problems. Still, one of us got food poisoning after 3 days, and could not really enjoy the second half of the holiday. The major unpleasant things were the SMELL and the mosquitos! Yes, smell, in a 4* hotel. No review mentions this, so maybe it is not all year round. However, during our stay it was horrible. We suspect it came from the nearby natural park and reached the room via the air conditioning, but the hotel did nothing to reduce it. We understand that not much can be done about it outside, but inside? We ended up buying an air freshener in a nearby shop and using it all the time, when we were in the room. Well, and the mosquitos would bite even if we used generous amounts of Autan. Another problem was the fact that the level of English of the waiting staff was so poor, they could not even understand when we asked for a mint tea.
Just to finish off with something good (and the only reason for giving two stars and not one): the kids entertainment, the aqua zumba and the staff leading these were great, they did speak English (and tried basics in all languages of the kids attending the club) and were really very good with the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prinshotel La Dorada is next to Mallorca’s Albufera Nature Reserve, 200 metres from the beaches of Alcudia Bay. Set in lush gardens, it features a large outdoor pool, sauna and gym.All air-conditioned apartments have a private balcony and a lounge with a sofa bed and flat-screen TV. There is a private bathroom, and a kitchen area with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker.The La Dorada complex has a sun terrace with loungers and parasols. There is a games room, and a court for playing tennis, basketball or volleyball. Daily evening entertainment is provided.There are 2 restaurants at the Prinsotel La Dorada, as well as a lounge bar and poolside bar.Prinsotel la Dorada has a 24-hour front desk, and Wi-Fi is offered for an additional charge. You can hire a car or bicycle from the tour desk, and free parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Prinsotel La Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel La Dorada Hotel Playa De Muro
- Prinsotel Dorada
- Prinsotel La Dorada Playa De Muro, Majorca