We stayed here for a week in early May - selecting it on the basis of the 4.5 average Trip Advisor review and we weren't disappointed. It felt like a 4* star hotel with a good standard of hotel/ apartment rooms (only issue was loose leg on one of the beds) and very good standard of outdoor facilities - beautiful pool areas and gardens.
It was our first experience of a kids club which was available 10.30-1.00 and 3.00-5.00 every day, usually offering an arts activity as well as games etc. There was also mini discos every evening, though we were put off from going back to the evening entertainment because of a not so pleasant experience with the 'snake show' after being an unwilling volunteer and ending up with a 6 ft boa constricter around my neck with 2 terrifed kids watching from the dance floor! (bingo not much better - annoying voice screeching out numbers in 3 different languages).
The hotel is located near a really great beach a few minutes walk away (across road). About 20 minutes walk along the sand you can pick up a boat trip from a lovely wooden pier. The 'strip' or main road near the hotel is uninspiring - lots of bit-tacky tourist shops and steak house-style restaurants. Once we discovered the nearby bus stop into the old walled town of Alcudia we enjoyed several trips to potter around the cobbled streets, lovely shops and authentic Spanish restaurants - highly recommended.
We stayed on self-catering basis at the hotel and ate in the hotel restaurant a couple of times - not cheap at 18 per adult but great choice and reasonable quality. We enjoyed all the different nationalities staying at the hotel - it was great for the kids to play with children from Germany, France, Norway, Netherlands etc and picking up bits of other languages as well as Spanish instead of feeling like you've never left home! (don't get me started on people complaining about not enough British channels on TV - for real?). If react to mosquitos definitely bring good repellent as nearby nature reserve may make them more prevalent here.
The reception staff were great - Toni was particularly helpful, spending time with maps and suggesting trips and places to visit. And phoning transfer company when return journey not emailed through. Would highly recommend hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prinshotel La Dorada is next to Mallorca’s Albufera Nature Reserve, 200 metres from the beaches of Alcudia Bay. Set in lush gardens, it features a large outdoor pool, sauna and gym.All air-conditioned apartments have a private balcony and a lounge with a sofa bed and flat-screen TV. There is a private bathroom, and a kitchen area with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker.The La Dorada complex has a sun terrace with loungers and parasols. There is a games room, and a court for playing tennis, basketball or volleyball. Daily evening entertainment is provided.There are 2 restaurants at the Prinsotel La Dorada, as well as a lounge bar and poolside bar.Prinsotel la Dorada has a 24-hour front desk, and Wi-Fi is offered for an additional charge. You can hire a car or bicycle from the tour desk, and free parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Prinsotel La Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel La Dorada Hotel Playa De Muro
- Prinsotel Dorada
- Prinsotel La Dorada Playa De Muro, Majorca