This was a wonderful resort and our family really enjoyed our stay there.
We had the Select Deluxe Terrace and loved having our own huge backyard with a jacuzzi tub (which they call a pool), outdoor bed, outdoor seating area with table, and outdoor lounge chairs. The only problem is that the backyard area was not private. Guests staying in the adjacent building in higher rooms could look out of their window directly down on us. This was not an issue for us, but just be warned, it is a private backyard, with no real privacy.
The space inside the room was great. Nice layout, lots of room. And a fantastic shower!
The food in the "chow hall" was surprisingly good. But we did the self-cater option and ate out on the town a couple nights. Not a ton of options, but we were only there a few nights, so it wasn't a problem for us.
The beach was a quick 3 minute walk down and across the street, which was a real treat!
Wifi in the room worked just fine for us.
No problems with mosquitoes.
I will note that this is definitely a family resort. I would probably not recommend it for honeymooning couples, but a family with young kids would enjoy it here, as we were. The "chow hall" at dinner time was loud, and chaotic, and children running around, and babies crying. But when our kid had a little temper tantrum and started crying, no one even batted an eye. There were no "get your kid under control" judgement glances, which helped us relax and not panic in the midst of the breakdown. :)
It is a bit out there in relation to the airport and some other attractions (such as the Zoo), but all in all a great resort that we would be happy to return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prinshotel La Dorada is next to Mallorca’s Albufera Nature Reserve, 200 metres from the beaches of Alcudia Bay. Set in lush gardens, it features a large outdoor pool, sauna and gym.All air-conditioned apartments have a private balcony and a lounge with a sofa bed and flat-screen TV. There is a private bathroom, and a kitchen area with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker.The La Dorada complex has a sun terrace with loungers and parasols. There is a games room, and a court for playing tennis, basketball or volleyball. Daily evening entertainment is provided.There are 2 restaurants at the Prinsotel La Dorada, as well as a lounge bar and poolside bar.Prinsotel la Dorada has a 24-hour front desk, and Wi-Fi is offered for an additional charge. You can hire a car or bicycle from the tour desk, and free parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Prinsotel La Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel La Dorada Hotel Playa De Muro
- Prinsotel Dorada
- Prinsotel La Dorada Playa De Muro, Majorca