We have earlier stayed at Playa Garden in 2006, at that time we did not have any meals inclusive in the stay.
We are experienced Playa del Muro holiday makers, we have stayed at Alcudia Pins, Viva Bahia (more times) and Playa Garden (now 2 times).
We booked our sommerholidays form 13/7-2013 to 27/7-2013 (14 days) through the Danish online agency http://www.dinferie.dk we booked all inclusive and a room with a poolview.
We got a corner room overlooking the pool area the balcony is somewhat small but ok. The room is in adequate standard and the daily cleaning service is done satisfactory (everyday). Overall we were satisfied with the room.
The pool area is well proportioned with different pools with some different features on top of this there is a very nice indoor Free spay area.
The hotel declares a “no reservation” policy for sunbeds, but it is a policy that the hotel does nothing at all to enforce.
We find that is OK that holiday makers are early out in the morning and reserves sunbeds for their family, provided that the beds have a physical “occupation” rest of the day – except for short “aways” for breakfast and lunch. But at Playa Garden it is custmary that holiday makers book a series of sunbeds and maybe goes to town or to the beach and maby first comes to their occupied beds at 16:00-17:00. We have seen that many times – as one earlier review (Spanish language) also confirms, the hotel will do nothing in this respect.
Other hotels in this area actually leaves a note on reserved sunbeds that if they are not in use in i.e. 45 mins the towels will be removed – this policy is seen at Alcudia Pins and Viva Bahia. It is really a bad thing that the hotels does nothing here – and I am sure this disturbs many holiday makers. As a consequence of this I was present every day at 7:30 and stays at our beds until breakfast, where I left for apx.30 minutes. The same applies to lunch. The reality is as follows at no time ever we saw at least 40-60 sundbeds not in use at any given time – but repeatedly people looking for places to stay (sunbeds) – it is unbelievable that the hotel does not do anything in this respect. Unless you like me are willingly ready to drop sleeping long hours in your holidays, and you want to be on sunbeds at the pool side – STAY AWAY from this facility. Maybe there is a reason for this- all other hotels in this area we have stayed at have a on duty Lifeguard that have an oversight of the sunbeds – But Playa Garden have no lifeguard ??? (although other hotels have less “complicated” pool areas).
We opted for all in inclusive and I have to praise the staff at the hotel for a very polite and attentative execution of their breakfast/lunch/dinner related functions. The food is in OK quality, but the variation is to0 little to endure 14 days here. Meat selection is to narrow. One time a week you can have dinner at either the Hotes own pizza outled GIORDANOS or at the BULL STEAKHOUSE – But beaware it is not the ala carte menu your are given, they have special ALL-INCL. menu, which is horrible (Bull Steakhouse). However you can just order from the standard menu and get a 50% discount.
Doing that you will enjoy your dinner and the quality of that. But if you belive you are like the paying guests at the Bull steakhouse your are lured.
I would think that many families would describe ALL INCL. at Play Garden As being top classe- it might be so. But for me and my family a part of being at holiday is also to source and find the dinner place for tomorrow, by having a given place to eat made us feel like being in a camp or prision allhough well fed are deemed to be present.
The hotel offers free wifi in all rooms, but the speed offered is very slow, I do simply not understand why a higher speed is not available – Spain has a good and solid infrastructure, the speed available is slower than you can buy anywhere in the world.
The hotel is visited by a multitude of nationalties, germans are the dominant, which causes that staff both service and entertainment staff would address you first in german. Germans are good tourists, we enjoyed that there were not many brits. I have nothing against brits – however when they are in larger groups, they tend to become noisy in swimmingpools and often they play games (with a ball) that would bar others to use the pool at all or safely.
I would recommend anybody to go to Play Garden, we had a good holiday – but the hotel should improve and care for their guest in the pool area and enforce the “no reservation policy”
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playa Garden Hotel & Spa stands out for being one of the most complete and welcoming hotels in Playa de Muro: an authentic spa hotel in Majorca ideal for combining rest, quietness and good gastronomy with sports, parties and activities for children. It is the most exclusive proposal of Garden Hotels for your holidays in Majorca: a hotel with 4-star services, personalised attention and the best quality price ratio. Our spa hotel in Playa de Muro is located at the seafront, in a privileged setting near S'Albufera Natural Park. It has incredible views to the Mediterranean, well-cared gardens and equipped terraces with design furniture. It is the ideal place for resting and getting away from it all admiring the natural beauty of the north of Majorca. It features the most varied accommodations: from double standard rooms to exclusive suites, including modern apartments with views to the sea or to the garden. All of them are perfectly equipped with services specially designed for your comfort and rest at the shores of the Mediterranean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Playa Garden Selection Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel & Spa Playa Garden Hotel Playa De Muro
- Aparthotel And Spa Playa Garden
- Aparthotel Hotel Playa Garden
- Aparthotel Hotel Playa De Muro
- Playa Garden Selection Hotel & Spa Playa De Muro, Majorca