This year we booked our holiday slightly differently, by going through a High Street Agency (First Choice), taking into account my daughter's requirments for a holiday more suitable for her age group (12 years).
I guess the holiday met my expectations :- First Choice's brochure oversold itself, the Reps main concern was to sell you excursions and as tourists you were always being ripped off.
However the rooms were very good, the beach excellent, the hotel staff very good and the hotel entertainment staff excellent.
It looks like First Choice will be operating a very limited number of rooms in 2007 and the Kids Club will not exist. I don't blame the hotel for not renewing the contract. Whilst the youngest clubs Bugs and Taz were fine, Wavelenghth was virtually non-existant. For my 12 year old, the hotel's entertainment saved the day.
Its also worth noting that had we taken up Breakfast via First Choice that would have cost us an extra £500. for 2 weeks. We ended up paying £12 a day for us by buying breafast each morning directlky from the hotel, so FC would have picked up at least £350 profit on that little deal !
Loungers and beach towels are an issue. I so wish on my last day, as we had to be up at 6am, I had gone round and collected up the towels on the sun loungers as a final two fingers to all the saddos who had "booked" their sun bed.
Overall verdict - A great place for families with children aged 10 and under. For anyone looking for anything more sophisticated this is unlikley to appeal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playa Garden Hotel & Spa stands out for being one of the most complete and welcoming hotels in Playa de Muro: an authentic spa hotel in Majorca ideal for combining rest, quietness and good gastronomy with sports, parties and activities for children. It is the most exclusive proposal of Garden Hotels for your holidays in Majorca: a hotel with 4-star services, personalised attention and the best quality price ratio. Our spa hotel in Playa de Muro is located at the seafront, in a privileged setting near S'Albufera Natural Park. It has incredible views to the Mediterranean, well-cared gardens and equipped terraces with design furniture. It is the ideal place for resting and getting away from it all admiring the natural beauty of the north of Majorca. It features the most varied accommodations: from double standard rooms to exclusive suites, including modern apartments with views to the sea or to the garden. All of them are perfectly equipped with services specially designed for your comfort and rest at the shores of the Mediterranean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playa Garden Selection Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel & Spa Playa Garden Hotel Playa De Muro
- Aparthotel And Spa Playa Garden
- Aparthotel Hotel Playa Garden
- Aparthotel Hotel Playa De Muro
- Playa Garden Selection Hotel & Spa Playa De Muro, Majorca