We very much enjoyed our holiday at Alcudia Pins. We were a group of 5 (a 2 year old with parents & grand-parents), travelling with Thomson. We stayed from 1-8 Sept 2011 in a 2 bed apart on a self catering basis. The transfer took over an hour as we were the last to be dropped off (there were several other hotel stops first). Our apartment was in Ibiza block over looking the Barmse club house with a view of the beach/sea. It was clean & comfortable with a large balcony. TV channels inc. BBC1 & Cbeebies. One bedroom was very small with just a double bed, two small bedside tables and no storage space, but there was a large cupboard in the lounge area where the safety box was located. Incidentally, you can rent a safety box from reception for 15E a week plus 5E deposit. We took some food basics with us and used the supermarket on site (open 8am to 9pm) that was well stocked. Cooking facilities consist of a 2 ring hob, microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge with small freezer section. There was plenty of crockery/cutlery and 2 saucepans. We never ate in any of the hotel restaurants but did enjoy takeaway pizza from the on site La Trattoria. (Hawai family size 13.30E). I recommend the Portabella restaurant. Lovely food and service with a small play park next door that meant out son didn’t get fed up waiting for food. Turn right outside the hotel and it’s the last restaurant on the small strip.
We found the local buses excellent and travelled to Can Picafort on their market day (Friday) this was 1.25Euro per adult each way. We also spent a couple of hours in the beautiful resort of Puerto Pollensa this cost 1.55 Euro each way. Buses travelled every 15 minutes during the day to these resorts but be prepared to stand. The bus stop is conveniently located opposite the hotel. We also went on an ‘Island Tour’ with No Frills Excursions. This cost 57E per adult and was excellent value and was booked through the hotel reception. The hotel has a facebook page that I recommend you 'like' before you travel as I found out some valuable information through it. The ‘Muro Express’ small road train that travels around Playa de Muro (Adults 3E, Child 2.50E) was a great way to view the local area.
PCs with internet connection are available in the indoor bar (Salon Mediterraneo) at 1E for 10 mins but if you exit the hotel and turn left you will find internet access at 1E for 20 mins by the amusements.
We spent a lot of our time on the beach as our son loved to build sandcastles but he also enjoyed the splash pool and we could always find a sun bed there. I recommend Alcudia Pins for a fab family holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this unique setting, between the white sand dunes of Platges de Muro and the spectacular Parc Natural de s’Albufera, Alcudia Pins reflects our way of understanding tourism: an offering of variety, happiness and well-being for your entire family.Thanks to personalised treatment, all of our personnel will be attentive to your every need. Our objective is for you to have a good time and leave your cares behind.Designed to provide you with everything you need for your holidays, Alcudia Pins awaits you with a pleasant atmosphere where you can enjoy your favourite activities worry-free in comfortable and safe lodgings that cater to the relaxation and well-being of your loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Family Life Alcudia Pins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcudia Pins Hotel
- Alcudia Pins Playa De Muro
- Alcudia Pins Majorca
- Family Life Alcudia Pins Playa De Muro, Majorca