First of all this is definitely a family orientated hotel, It does what it says on the tin - water slides, kids pools, loud entertainment, activities and games etc. It's not suitable for couples.
The food for an all inclusive offering was good. We've been to other all inclusive hotels and we thought the standard here was slightly better than we'd experienced at other resorts. There's a good selection to chose from and as long as you don't fall into the trap of sampling everything on the same plate then there's enough variety not to get bored. The actual quality of the meat and fresh salads stood out for me.
The hotel is in a great location leading directly onto the beautiful sandy beach. The beach and sea are as good as you're going to get in the med. Most days we chose the sun beds near Thea's coffee shop which meant you could easily alternate between the pools and the beach.
The hotel is spotlessly clean.
All the staff are polite and friendly.
There's a variety of kids slides suitable for all ages. The designated toddler/baby pools are especially good, you can sit on the side of the pool and feel comfortable letting the littles ones enjoy a bit of freedom without feeling compelled to be by their side all the time. The baby pool has a wooden canopy which provides a shaded area whilst being in the water.
We felt comfortable leaving our 4 year old at kids club. The kids entertainers worked tirelessly.
Children's evening entertainment is fun and interactive. Our 4 year old couldn't wait to get to the front of the stage every night and join in with all the dance routines.
Supermarket on site.
Other small shops, cash point, pharmacy just in front of the hotel.
Overall we were disappointed with the accommodation. In my opinion the size of the rooms are below standard and what we expected from a 4 star hotel. The bedroom is basically the size of a walk in wardrobe (it even has sliding doors). Having spent most of the day travelling we felt let down when entering the room and these negative first impressions were difficult to overcome. However having said that it didn't ruin the holiday, we just had it make sure we kept everything tidy to make sure there was enough day to day living space.
Air con - what air con! The temperature in the first few days was about 30 degrees outside and when the air con wouldn't go down below 25 degree I rang reception. They explained that the air con was working but this was as low as it could go (something to do with the ambient temp outside). As the outside temp dropped during the week into the mid twenties the air con in the room did get slightly better but the lowest it went to during our stay was 23-24 degrees. This is not air conditioning, when was the last time you got into your car and thought its hot in here and set it to 23-24 degrees to cool down!
The hotel layout is a little strangle. I suppose this is luck of the draw but you could end up overlooking the back of the catering access like us which isn't ideal. I knew it was a long shot but I asked reception if there was my chance of moving later on in the week if another poolside or beachside room came available but it was explained to me that people had paid extra for these rooms. If this is the case then our travel operator never gave us any options at the time of booking.
Once again this didn't ruin the holiday but we would have been inclined to sit on the balcony a bit more if the room was in a better location.
As the food hall is in a separate building located to the front left of the hotel reception then one of the main gathering areas for the kids after meal time was the turning circle for all the coaches. Although this isn't a high traffic area there's something not quite right about this.
We had a enjoyable holiday overall and the kids had a great time which is the main thing. There are lot of positive things about the hotel but the overall standard of accommodation lets it down.
It's a very busy hotel and there's no just no feeling of exclusivity. If you take aside the beach location then there's nothing else that really stands out. We had a good time never the less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this unique setting, between the white sand dunes of Platges de Muro and the spectacular Parc Natural de s’Albufera, Alcudia Pins reflects our way of understanding tourism: an offering of variety, happiness and well-being for your entire family.Thanks to personalised treatment, all of our personnel will be attentive to your every need. Our objective is for you to have a good time and leave your cares behind.Designed to provide you with everything you need for your holidays, Alcudia Pins awaits you with a pleasant atmosphere where you can enjoy your favourite activities worry-free in comfortable and safe lodgings that cater to the relaxation and well-being of your loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your TUI FAMILY LIFE Alcudia Pins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcudia Pins Hotel
- Alcudia Pins Playa De Muro
- Alcudia Pins Majorca
- TUI FAMILY LIFE Alcudia Pins Playa De Muro, Majorca