Chose this hotel from the Thomson Chic and Unique brochure and were not disappointed.. Very nice public areas, white leather sofas etc, We had a double room, nicely appointed overlooking smaller of the 2 large pools, walk in double shower, balcony with comfortable chairs, fridge which you can load up yourself, or you can order minibar supply from hotel, prices same as bar prices, no ice compartment if that is important to you. Air con is controllable 24/7 by you which I prefer, (I hate when it is controlled centrally as it is often turned off some time in the night..). You are issued with 1 card key, so ask if you want a 2nd. We had a double room, bit tight for space at the bottom of the bed, I would have a suite next time.. Towelling robes were provided, but no soap. Provided toiletries are shampoo, body cream, shower gel.
There is a Spar shop next door and several others in the vicinity. If you want to hire a car, I think it was around 36 euro a day, that daily rate reduces slightly if you hire for 3-6 or 7-10 days. The bus stop is outside, we went to Puerto Alcudia (go across road to bus stop) and C'an Picafort (stay the hotel side of the road) bus fare to those destinations at time of writing is 1 euro 25 single, buses run every 15 min. If you want to go to market, get an early breakfast and be out shortly after 9.. later and you risk buses sailing past, already full...Market days are marked on the bus table available at hotel reception, from memory, it is Ca'n Picafort on a Friday. Pollensa and Alcudia on a Sunday. You can get a bus to many places, but to some more distant spots, the bus goes in the morning and returns in the afternoon so if planning a trip, check out the bus times beforehand.
If you are travelling with Thomson, you may wish to note that the rep presence is 'on demand' only at this hotel, so if you have any enquiries, you have to ring the thomson 24-7 number which is back in the UK, alternatively you can email them. The hotel has a wifi area, I could use my apple ipod free of charge using the wifi signal near the wifi area, but didn't have any success in trying to put in the hotel code to use it elsewhere in the hotel, probably operator error on my part, the ipod is new to me!
The hotel has a nice pool bar and the food from there is good. For prices it is 2euro 10 for a small beer, 2.60 for large one, 2.50 for a glass of house wine. Meals lunchtime are well presented and cooked to order, prices around 5-15 euro for a light dish.
Restaurant is all buffet, good service, nice fresh buffet and good choice especially of salads and puds, food was never really hot, but I guess that is a perennial problem with buffets.....?? the caramel ice cream was a hit with us. Wine around 8-18 euros a bt, we generally had a rioja for around 10 euros.. Mineral water is served in small split bts.
Cocktail bar for drinks before or after meal is very nice. Expect 4 euro 50 for a gin and tonic, bt Cava 13.
Think that is about all useful information I can impart, have tried to major on the detail of prices as the rest has been much reported in by other contributors. Happy to answer questions if anyone wants to mail me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel - a pioneer in the area as far back as in the -70s and with more than 30 years of experience - consolidates stars and a image: modern lines in every corner invite you to a holiday oasis where quality is the common element and white, the colour that permeates everything. Here you can enjoy gardens, comfortable suites and modern facilities. But Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel is much more than just a beautiful design. Our identity is, above all, friendly treatment and good service. Our experience and know-how, together with each guest, will do the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Gaviotas Hotel Playa De Muro
- Hotel Las Gaviotas
- Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel Playa De Muro, Majorca