Although we were originally planning to stay at the Prinsotel La Dorada we switched to this hotel at the last minute after finding an offer on Travelzoo for almost half the price per night, plus a free dinner and massage. All in all, we're glad we made the change - the rooms are large and the location is unbeatable, next to the best part of the Playa de Muro.
However, although Las Gaviotas is a good hotel, they seem to have a habit of promising more than the can deliver (as I also saw in some other reviews). We asked every morning for the massage but it was booked until the 4th of September - coincidentally the day we left. We never got it - apparently they only had 5 opening per day. Although we did get the free "three course dinner" it was just an open buffet and they charged us for the drinks. Not really what we had in mind.
There are a couple of other things to complain about - for instance the exercise room had no air conditioning and the pool has very dangerous and slippery tiles (especially for our 16 month old). Also, although I know they are going for a minimalist vibe, the square showers and sinks didn't drain very well and caused quite a mess with all of the beach sand. Although the rooms could really use a mirror or painting or something - just a little too bare and white for our tastes.
If not for ticking us off for their over-promising, we would have nothing but a glowing review for the hotel. The rooms were quite large and the private balconies were great. The snack bar by the pool has some excellent food and great prices.
If you have never been to Playa de Muro before it is a great option. The bay water levels and low and create a long safe strip of shallow water for kids to play. There are plenty of beachfront restaurants and shops with (in our opinion) very affordable prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel - a pioneer in the area as far back as in the -70s and with more than 30 years of experience - consolidates stars and a image: modern lines in every corner invite you to a holiday oasis where quality is the common element and white, the colour that permeates everything. Here you can enjoy gardens, comfortable suites and modern facilities. But Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel is much more than just a beautiful design. Our identity is, above all, friendly treatment and good service. Our experience and know-how, together with each guest, will do the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Gaviotas Hotel Playa De Muro
- Hotel Las Gaviotas
- Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel Playa De Muro, Majorca