Remember when booking, if you can afford more you will get more elsewhere but that said for what I paid I really couldn't complain. To those that complain about the transfers - take that up with the holiday company, its not the hotels fault. I booked a private taxi and it took 45 minutes.
We booked a one bedroom apartment and arrived in the middle of the night to be given a twin room with bunk beds. The night porter couldn't do anything so suggested we speak to the manager the next day. We spoke to Miguel, one of the most helpful managers I've had dealings with, and he apologised that the apartments weren't ready so offered us inter-connecting twin rooms on the first floor. These rooms hadn't been open since the previous year so were thoroughly cleaned before we swapped. Later that night I found ants in one bathroom and spoke to the English receptionist, Sue (again who was wonderful, nothing was a bother and she actually encouraged us to raise issues no matter how small). The cleaner came later that day and sprayed the ants and they never reappeared. We were advised not to keep food in the room and had no further problems.
The hotel has just been taken over by ROC this year and they are visibly making improvements whilst we were there. By the end of our 10 days the apartments had been completely refurbished, from painting through to new beds and microwaves (we saw them taking the stuff in).
I agree with some reviews about the quality of the pool sunbeds but the main positive here is that no-one reserved them by keeping tools out. We could always get a sunbed (or 6) at any time of the day.
The beach is close by, 5 minutes walk max, Alcudia port is a longer walk (about 50 mins apparently) we got a taxi for 9 euros.
I cannot thank the staff, from the manager and reception, to the restaurant, Hasaan on the bar and the cleaner. All were helpful, friendly and always welcoming, even though extremely busy at times.
The other holidaymakers were a proper mix, at the start there were approx 50 English, 60 French, some Dutch, I think.
The only negative for my holiday was the last weekend the hotel was overtaken by a Mallorcan pensioners weekend. Approx 300 retired people turned up and took over completely. When I say completely, I mean completely. We couldn't get in the bar, they rearranged all the chairs to suit them and made a dance floor, they were loud and rude in the restaurant but on the plus side they never came out to the pool :) The hotel staff tried their best for these two nights and we just choose to go out (hence the trip to Alcudia). Again the hotel cannot be held responsible for their customers and did their best to put more tables, etc out.
The food was ok, there was a pasta dish, meat dish and fish choice every night with potatoes, chips and a wide variety of salad. The drinks were mainly self-services (cokes, slush, teas, coffee, wine, sangria and beer). During the day its plastic cups for the pool but during the evening there were glasses instead. As for the comments about dirty carpets, I didn't see any carpet, dirty or otherwise, everywhere had marble type flooring.
There are probably better hotels, for more money, there are probably worse. All I can say is that my family had a lovely time here and wanted to write an honest review so people can make an informed choice.
If you do book and encounter a problem, speak up while you are there and give them a chance to make your stay better rather than just come back and complain on here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel ROC Continental Park is located only 50 metres from the Playa de Muro beach, and very close to the s'Albufera Nature Reserve, a combination which together form one of the island's longest and most beautiful beaches.The Hotel Roc Continental Park offers its guests an All-Inclusive board basis with all the necessary comforts and a wide range of possibilities to ensure that guests have a wonderful stay.This hotel offers the most comfortable accommodation in the area: an unbeatable value and great all inclusive benefits. A wide range of hotel activities with special entertainment for both children and adults really makes a difference, being fully recommended for families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Roc Continental Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Stil Continental Park
- Hotel Roc Continental Park Playa De Muro, Majorca