“Lovely, budget holiday”

Hotel Roc Continental Park
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Remember when booking, if you can afford more you will get more elsewhere but that said for what I paid I really couldn't complain. To those that complain about the transfers - take that up with the holiday company, its not the hotels fault. I booked a private taxi and it took 45 minutes.

We booked a one bedroom apartment and arrived in the middle of the night to be given a twin room with bunk beds. The night porter couldn't do anything so suggested we speak to the manager the next day. We spoke to Miguel, one of the most helpful managers I've had dealings with, and he apologised that the apartments weren't ready so offered us inter-connecting twin rooms on the first floor. These rooms hadn't been open since the previous year so were thoroughly cleaned before we swapped. Later that night I found ants in one bathroom and spoke to the English receptionist, Sue (again who was wonderful, nothing was a bother and she actually encouraged us to raise issues no matter how small). The cleaner came later that day and sprayed the ants and they never reappeared. We were advised not to keep food in the room and had no further problems.

The hotel has just been taken over by ROC this year and they are visibly making improvements whilst we were there. By the end of our 10 days the apartments had been completely refurbished, from painting through to new beds and microwaves (we saw them taking the stuff in).
I agree with some reviews about the quality of the pool sunbeds but the main positive here is that no-one reserved them by keeping tools out. We could always get a sunbed (or 6) at any time of the day.
The beach is close by, 5 minutes walk max, Alcudia port is a longer walk (about 50 mins apparently) we got a taxi for 9 euros.
I cannot thank the staff, from the manager and reception, to the restaurant, Hasaan on the bar and the cleaner. All were helpful, friendly and always welcoming, even though extremely busy at times.
The other holidaymakers were a proper mix, at the start there were approx 50 English, 60 French, some Dutch, I think.
The only negative for my holiday was the last weekend the hotel was overtaken by a Mallorcan pensioners weekend. Approx 300 retired people turned up and took over completely. When I say completely, I mean completely. We couldn't get in the bar, they rearranged all the chairs to suit them and made a dance floor, they were loud and rude in the restaurant but on the plus side they never came out to the pool :) The hotel staff tried their best for these two nights and we just choose to go out (hence the trip to Alcudia). Again the hotel cannot be held responsible for their customers and did their best to put more tables, etc out.

The food was ok, there was a pasta dish, meat dish and fish choice every night with potatoes, chips and a wide variety of salad. The drinks were mainly self-services (cokes, slush, teas, coffee, wine, sangria and beer). During the day its plastic cups for the pool but during the evening there were glasses instead. As for the comments about dirty carpets, I didn't see any carpet, dirty or otherwise, everywhere had marble type flooring.

There are probably better hotels, for more money, there are probably worse. All I can say is that my family had a lovely time here and wanted to write an honest review so people can make an informed choice.

If you do book and encounter a problem, speak up while you are there and give them a chance to make your stay better rather than just come back and complain on here!

Room Tip: You have the choice of pool side (overlooking entertainment) with morning sun or road side with even...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank 72Julie

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great location staff helpfull and friendly food could be better, would cut out a lot of walking if they opened the side gate as the beach is very close and would half the walk if the gate was opened as my husband is disabled and made it abit of a drag on the upside there are free sunbeds and shade on the beach for disabled people so u don't have to walk off the walkway over the sand which is very handy beautiful beach with plenty of cafés ect watch out for lucky lucky men but a firm no seems to do the trick would I return yes x

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tinkerbell186334
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed for 10 days great welcome when arrived staff very pleasant and helpful .. Food was nice with good variety all day long. Good location not far from beach. Rooms cleaned daily and clean towels given daily

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank Gumbetlover86
Reviewed 8 April 2014

first of all I had a good holiday in spite of the negatives and few positives I experienced. in the hotel.
after reading reviews on the hotel i knew what to expect, friends of ours had booked to come here, so we decided to ignore the bad reviews and come here with an open mind, and meet up with them.
on arrival at reception after a transfer lasting over 3 hours including waiting on the coach at the airport, we checked in and was in our room in minutes.
I booked a twin room with a balcony because of people complaining about the bunk beds in the family rooms. it was room 317 looking out over the entertainment area and the pool.
the room was large enough in need of a bit of TLC the balcony was ok. but having seen my friends rooms it was much better than theirs worth the extra cost.
the air conditioning was working and seemed ok, but I like to keep it on all night and it kept going off and after complaining to reception I found out the security could turn it off from reception but they always put it back on as soon as requested.
I found the room comfortable enough not the best I have stayed in but ok.
my issue with the room was the cleaners. we put our dirty towels in the bath and she hung them back up again I asked why she had not changed them she said they were not due to be changed that day, so I gave her the dirty towels and received clean ones. I must of been unlucky because a lot of people on here say theirs was changed every day, not by my cleaner. also my bed sheet had a blue mark on it from a bingo marker pen it was still there 2 weeks later she never changed it. the bathroom like the bedroom was shabby but it functioned well enough.
the dirty carpets in the public areas did not bother me. never had any trouble with the lifts.
the bar was one of the best parts of the hotel the drinks were full strength, and the plastic glasses did not bother me. it stops accidents. most 3 star all inclusive hotels in Majorca use them the staff in the bar were friendly and efficient.
the pool and the pool area was very good lots of beds the only problem you had to repair them before you could use them every morning unless you could find good ones. there is not many of them. as the hotel was not that full we always found umbrellas.
the restaurant was ok not great but ok the staff worked very hard were polite and friendly, that's as good as it gets the food was the worst I have ever had in any all inclusive in Spain and over the years I have had more than 40 all inclusive holidays. some of it was inedible, myself my friends and a lot of other guests threw it away. the breakfast was acceptable and was my main meal of the day if I did not eat out that day.
the food all meals were cold. the meats were tough and full of fat, and either over or undercooked the fish which I usually love in Spain was greasy , full of bones, or both I lived on salad pasta and melon apart from breakfast. on the bright side I was 3lb lighter when I got home than when I left to come away, that's a first I can put on 7lb after 2 weeks and a stone after 30 nights all inclusive as I have done in the past.
I think the 4 most important parts of a holiday are room comfort, food, entertainment and the resort the hotel is in.
the entertainment for adults in the evening was dire the girls were friendly and nice and I would like to say they tried but they did not, from 9pm until 10 30 if there is not an act from outside performing, they was supposed to organise some sort of entertainment, their idea of a good time is to have a game of bingo, then chat for half an hour and ask what would you all prefer a quiz or another game of bingo. in an hour and a half surely they can organise both, ok they are contracted to finish at 10 30pm but they could of at least tried. then when they finished their shift they put on the same music that they had played the all day.
the resort is purpose built, on the edge of a nature reserve with water ways surrounding it which means that there are masses of mosquitoes and I have never seen so many people with so many bites their faces legs arms and feet were swollen with them some had turned septic and the remedies are expensive in the chemists, I never had any bites because having read about the mossies on trip advisor I took repellents and a mossie machine for the room. it is cheaper to bring them than buy them in the resort.
the beach is lovely but it is not suitable for disabled people as there is not a promenade just sand right up to the hotel walls along the beach.
the hotel has changed hands but if they still employ the same staff then I would not recommend it, I still think I would not risk it. I do know one thing any hotel in Majorca with the name Marina in its title I would give it a miss.
I left the hotel at 07 15am and was told that something would be laid on for breakfast not true we I had to ask the chef for milk then I went to ask about food and she slammed the door in my face she was just like the meat she served tough, cold and to much fat.
as I said at the beginning of my review we had a great time but that was because we made our own entertainment. my advice if this is your main holiday or only one of the year don't risk it go elsewhere.

Room Tip: don't go there if you do book a twin room with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank terry m
Reviewed 24 March 2014

lovely hotel, ideal location in quieter area of alcudia.near the beach bars and restaurants. all inclusive lovely nice food lovely english breakfast available. good drink selection. rooms very clean.try vodka slushes. brilliant all round hotel for families, couples.

Room Tip: pool view nice and sunny balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angelahicks77
Reviewed 23 March 2014

It's been a couple of years since we stayed at this hotel so you may find this review invalid but we totally loved this hotel. We went all inclusive and it was brilliant! There was food available right up to the evening meal and then drinks were served up to midnight. There are lots of activities for the children, the staff never stop and are polite and smiling even though they seemed to be really busy. I can't say we had a bad experience with this hotel, the beach is at the maximum 10 minutes stroll and there was always plenty of space. At the end of the day, if you are looking for a 5 star hotel for 3 star prices then you will be disappointed, if you go knowing you have paid for 3 star and expect 3 star you will love this hotel. The only problem I did have is that you can hear the people above dragging chairs!

Room Tip: I think they fill this hotel from the ground up so book early if you want to be on the first floor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Angela111273
Reviewed 21 October 2013

returned 2 weeks ago
the food is the worst we have ever had taste wise .even though a big choice but most of it is aufull even the chips .dont know how you can go wrong with chips but they do .the entertainment aera is a good size but .the entertainment is verey hit and miss same as most hotels .seems ok for the children .you cant fault the drinks help your self .other than shorts .but the shorts are great ,no waiting and verey good measures.the rooms are ok plenty of room .apart from the balcany .you can not see over the wall around the balcany unless you stand up.only enough room for 2 if you aint verey big .if there is 3 of you tough.if the gate at the end of the pool was open would be great right next to the local shops .but it was always locked .so it is a long way to get to the shops .all the reception staf verey helpfull.my wife was taken to hospital in inca for 7 days .and the manageress couldnt have helped me anymore. must say we would never go again because of the food .never been allinclusive and came home weighing less than when i went .the hotel is not verey good for older english people .not many english stay at this hotel .after all this the hotel is ok but we will never go again

Room Tip: to get the sun in the after noon sak for a room looking over the street NOT the pool side.as NO sun...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
#15 of 30 in Playa de Muro
Eix Lagotel
Eix Lagotel
#19 of 30 in Playa de Muro

Been to Hotel Roc Continental Park? Share your experiences!