Just back from an 11 night stay at this hotel on the 26th May 2012. We are a family of 3 with a 4 year old child. Our holiday was booked through Thomas Cook who I have to say could not have done anymore to be of assiatnce during the flight from Glasgow to Palma.
We had a hire car which meant our transfer was by car which would recommend as its so easy to ge to all the tourist places without the hassle or the cost of an organised tour.
When we arrived at the hotel we could not have been more happy with the appearance. The hotel reception area was spotless and we were met with some of the friendless staff I have ever met in a hotel. Although we arrived after the restaurant was closed they had made food available to late arrivals in the form of a cold buffet which was very much appreciated. The reception staff explained all the hotels facilties and explained how the all inclusive system worked.
Our room was a one bedroom apartment with a sea view which we had paid for in advance. As the other comments state the rooms are slightly dated but still more than comfortable and again spotless clean as the whole hotel was. Daily the rooms were cleaned by yet more friendly staff.
The hotel was without doubt the cleanest we have ever stayed in. The pool was the cleanest I have ever seen with a lifeguard on duty between 10:00 and 18:00 daily which was a great addition for everyones safety.
Being all inclusive was great. The restaurant was very well organised with food to suit even the fusiest easters. Yes it was a little german orientated but it was none of the less perfect. The head chef was constantly checking the food and ensuring the best was available to everyone. We were served by two of the loveliest waitresses Natasha and Rosa who were perfect. Nothing was a problem to them and they were great with our little boy. They really made meal times a pleasure.
The location of the hotel is great. Being right on a spotless beach with a beach bar that you can have lunch at and relax to enjoy the evening entertainment. The entertainment staff were superb and worked what seemed like 24 hours a day but the energy and enthusiasm they had was unblievable. Between running the kids club, daily entertainment including afternoon bingo; (which is a must for everyone. Was great fun and a great way to meet other poeple) and the evening mini kids disco and evening entertainment they socialised with all the guests. Entertainment was unfortunately aimed mainly at german children at the mini disco as all songs were in german which was a downside. Maybe something Iberostar could look into sorting.
Overall we could not have asked for a better time at this hotel. From the cleaning staff right through to the manager (minus the odd memmber of bar staff) we could not have been made to feel more welcome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and have done already. Normally I would not return to the same hotel year after year but this will be the hotel I'll be back at very soon. Well done Iberostar and all the staff. Some minor tweaks and you will be winning the hotel of the year from trip advisor a lot more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PLEASE NOTE: The IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel reopens its doors this spring with new suites and Star Prestige zone, as well as a new Beach Club. Located right on the seafront at the Playa de Muro, IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park is one of Alcudia’s leading hotels. This apartment hotel with exclusive All Inclusive option is ideal for families with children for many reasons including the hotel's unique U-shape, which provides security and privacy, and the shallow sea waters. Likewise, the hotel is home to Alcudia's port promenade, one of the most entertaining in Majorca, in a coveted inlet perfect for water-sports. Our hotel offers 366 apartments, many with lovely sea, pool, or garden views. Pools and Beach. This Alcudia all-inclusive family hotel's pristine pools and beach, nearly touching each other, are the main attraction for guests at the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park during their stay in Alcudia. Children can play and splash in the water while parents relax without worry. Playa de Muro is one of the best beaches on the island of Mallorca. Relaxing Vacations. At IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park's SPA Sensations, you can indulge in the best services in a new concept in wellbeing for hotels in Alcudia. Treatments and facilities include Finnish sauna, massage, Turkish baths, manicure and pedicure room, hydro-massage, and relaxation area...all performed with the utmost care and attention of the best, skilled professionals of our top Playa de Muro spa hotel. Extra charge. Kids Entertained Like Never Before. Our family-oriented hotel in Alcudia plans children's activities according to age. The Teenieclub has been created for teenagers, packed with a generous offering of sports and activities. Your little kings and queens will continue to feel like royalty with the activities and games offered during your Alcudia vacation. Fun without borders. At the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel you will have fun with a wide array of activities. Water sports, adventure sports, shows and performances --a world of fun is waiting for you in one of the best hotels in Alcudia. Priority Location Apartments. Integrated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park is proud to present its Priority Location Apartments, ideal for luxury apartment holidays in Playa de Muro: modern, exclusive, and featuring an enormous 40-inch flat screen TV as well a grand panoramic terrace with outdoor sofa, two hammocks, artificial grass and views of the swimming pool. Free premium Wi-Fi: Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to three devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Iberostar, LoveHolidays, Onthebeach, Odigeo, Lastminute, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Alcudia Park Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Puerto Alcudia
- Iberostar Hotel Alcudia Park
- IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park Playa De Muro, Majorca