We spent a week at half-term with 2 girls (12 and 10) so hotel very busy. Reception desk always very polite and helpful.
Rooms - apartments look like they used to be self-catering hence kitchenette area. Nice enough bathroom and trundle bed and sofa always make up for the kids. Plenty of space in the living area though the double bedroom a little cramped beside the wardrobe. However, still more room for us than other hotel rooms have been for 4 people.
Beds - hard pillows and a dip in the mattress.
View - we had a lovely high floor with a view looking towards C'an Picafort, the sea and the road. Loved it - good to get away from the pool and noise of evening activities, although we could hear some bad karoake from the bars it wasn't intrusive for us. The balcony was large with plenty of room for 4 to play cards, drying towels etc.
Pool - lovely pools, great one for kids, a toddler pool as well as one for adults/families. Cold at first but fine after a bit. You have to queue as usual for sunbeds which were unlocked about 8.45am. With so many rooms there clearly isn't enough space or beds for everyone. Nor is there enough shade, no parasols, the trees are the shade. Beach - The gorgeous beach is on the doorstep and I believe 10 euros for a parasol and 2 beds. This is is the nicest stretch of beach and water I've ever come across.
Entertainment - not our thing, the kids used to enjoy the mini disco stuff but grown out of it now. However, what we did see of it matched the adult entertainment which was the worst we have ever experienced (this is our 4th AI holiday). Really lame. Most people don't realise there is a bar/cafe at the front of the hotel where you can sit out, less bar queues and a singer who is far superior to the nonsense people were sitting through. Recommended if you wish to avoid the mini disco. The kids joined the Maxi club in the day which kept them amused.
The entertainment team do work hard for their money - 1 did the adult daytime stuff, mini disco and unbelievably was also the adult entertainment!
Food - more of a choice then other hotels we've stayed at. Usual buffet which can get repetitive but also plenty of freshly cooked food. Lovely beef steaks, mexican & chinese evenings plus the usual salads. One evening there were 3 trays of large shell-on prawns. I watched with a mixture of horror and disgust as a German man thrust his manky hands into them, shovelling them onto his plate like an animal. I tried to demonstrate with the tongs but he didn't notice and continued to use his dirty hands with no regard for hygiene or anyone else. It was at times like this I wished I'd been less of a reserved Brit and more of a loud American and told him to "keep your filthy mitts out of the food you dirty b*astard!".
Area - lots of tourist shops and Spars, hair-braiding etc. on the doorstep. A taxi is only 10 euros or less to Alcudia. Also worth a taxi to the market in the Old Town (Sunday & Tuesday). Lots of leather bags and other goods, some a bit tacky but interesting to look around. Would also recommend spending time in a lovely Spanish square to stop for a drink.
Overall - good value for money but would have hated a balcony over the road. Definitly a place for families rather than couples. Great location and would happily return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel has an fantastic location on the longest beach on the island, and just 6 km away from Puerto de Alcudia. The complex features 366 rooms as well as an outdoor pool and a heated covered pool, with hammocks, towels and parasols also available. Guests can also choose to stay in a superior Star Prestige room and enjoy its exclusive facilities and services. The cuisine at the Alcudia Park hotel is perfect for all, thanks to the wide choice at the buffet and the possibility of choosing low calorie dishes or the special menu for coeliacs ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Iberostar, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Alcudia Park Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Puerto Alcudia
- Iberostar Hotel Alcudia Park
- IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park Playa De Muro, Majorca