Iberostar Alcudia Park
Valentin Playa de Muro(Playa de Muro)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Beachfront
US$261
US$248
  • Beachfront
Prinsotel La Dorada(Playa de Muro)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$185
Eix Lagotel(Playa de Muro)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel(Playa de Muro)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$194
US$269
US$252
Orbitz.com
1,689 results
All reviewsmini clubbeach barevery nightkids clubreception staffentertainment teamfamily holidaygreat holidaystar prestigesea viewfantastic hotelrooms are basicindoor poolhalf boardseparate bedroomwould highly recommend this hotelthemed nights
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I honestly don't know what people are moaning about. I got home yesterday from a 10 day stay. This hotel was lovely and clean the staff went above and beyond there duties. The lifeguard Marcelo was fantastic always on hand and seemed to spot everything and be there with parasol for the baby and plasters the second someone had a cut. The gardens were beautiful and well kept. U can NOT reserve loungers at 5 am as they are locked up until about quarter to 9. We never had any trouble getting a lounger and there were 9 of us. The kids entertainment was brilliant. I suggest if people don't want to hear the kids and see kids clubs then they go to an adult only hotel. We will defo be back next year. Food was also beautiful and kids loved it.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank lyndsay84
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Such positive and rewarding comments as you own are what motivate us and all members here at Iberostar. Thank you ever so much for the time spent in writing down you experience with us. We are glad to read that you are more than pleased with our hotel standards, including both accommodation and food and beverage.

Thank you for your kind words towards our staff, as they all work very hard, striving to surpass guest expectations. We will definitely be passing on your comments to them about your satisfaction with their service. We would be more than pleased to be able to greet you once more at Iberostar and do hope you decide to visit us again.

Yours sincerely

Online Reputation Manager
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I think a lot of the really positive reviews for this hotel are based on how much their children enjoyed the experience here. It should be classed as a 3 star hotel as the rooms are a bit dated, old style tv, slightly garish looking green wood etc and the beds were pretty sqeaky and not very comfortable. The Zen Spa is probably the nicest part of the hotel and is probably the reason why they managed to get a 4 star rating. I did notice that on the fire evacultion posters in the room that it did originally have a 3 star rating so I guess something made it change, perhaps when the spa was bulit! In all fairness the price you pay for the hotel is about the same as a 3 star so you can accept that it isnt going to be a luxury place and perhaps should overlook the rating. It's kept clean and tidy so with what they have there they do a good job with it.

The main positive was the food. We went half board but because there is a lot of choice at breakfast and can still have it at 10am you dont really need to worry about lunch. Plenty of hot and cold choices at breakfast - fresh crepes, fruit, ham, breads, cheese, eggs & bacon etc and dinner was great with a grill with a few different meats every day, salads, pasta, paella and various deserts to choose from. I think I would be a very large person if I ate there for a few months as you tend to try a bit of everything! Some slight downers that happened in the restaurant were that on one occasion after sitting down we ended up having to grab some cuterly even though we felt like this wasn't really what we should have been doing - there were literally no laid tables left but several empty ones. Also as we were half board we expected to be asked if we wanted any alcoholic drinks but this sometimes took a long time, if at all, so just went for juice from the taps to save waiting for beer and wine.The waiting staff seemed to be working very hard to clear plates away and perhaps they need a few more staff to ensure that the tables are always ready and 'half boarders' are offered drinks that they can't serve themselves. Also I found it weird that on some days when we entered the restaurant for breakfast and dinner we were asked for room numbers and other days there was noone there to ask! Not a negative but just found it strange and wonder what they do with the information!

The rooms arent particulary soundproof and we could hear people going up and down the stairs very early, plus the windows were thin so anything outside on the road you could hear even on 5th floor. Also when the chambermaids were next door you could hear them moving beds around on the hard floors which was quite disturbing on one of the days. These arent a major worry if you are an early bird or a heavy sleeper or you have a bit of luck with when they clean as these werent things that affected us all the time. On a couple of days we only given one bath towel instead of the two so ended up sharing it and left a note for the cleaner on the 2nd occasion who rectified this the next day, but seemed like a silly mistake.

This isnt a negative as such but as a warning, the hotel and general area is not occupied by a lot of British people so this might be a negative if you are someone who likes to chat to other holiday makers or perhaps want to avoid language barriers with your kids making friends (cant comment on that properly though).

The spa treatment we had was very nice, the back neck and shoulder massage was good but beware that the turkish bath is just access to a steam room and not like a traditional one that i've had previosuly. I thought for €10 for an hour it was a bit too good to be true but as an extra they added access to the sauna to that hour so that was nice to have when it was cloudy outside.

We spent most of the days on the beach which is really good quality, clean, clear water & white sand. 2 Sunbeds and a parasol are about £8-10 depending on how far up the beach you go. Most people just get the towels down on the sand which we ended up doing a few times without any problems - a little bit of hassel from massage ladies and guys selling glasses but they arent aggressively selling them. Alcudia port was about an hour walk along the beach which is a nice walk in the sun. Buses were €1.50 up to the port and taxis were about €8 back if you're there later in the evening where there are some really nice restaurants if you fancy a break from the buffet.

All in all I would say that the experience at the hotel was mainly positive but certainly isnt 'luxury'. I would give 5 star to something that exceeded my expectation and 4 star to something that had a lot more positives than negatives so i think a 3 star is about right as I felt like I got what I paid for and it was 'nice enough', although I wouldn't go back there for a couples holiday.

Room Tip: Try for a pool view room to avoid the road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chrisbrought125
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear guest,

First of all we want to apologize for all the inconveniences you had during your stay. We are very sorry to hear that we could not fulfill your expectations of a four star hotel.

We feel sorry to read that didn´t succeed. The head departments involved have been informed about your comments. We will certainly take into our consideration and we will do our utmost to improve these points. Feedback like yours is very important to us, so we know what we can improve to reach an even higher and more exclusive service for our guest.

Some of the problems you mentioned are totally under our standards and we have already taken action in order to meet our standards again. Your comment will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards.

Kindest regards,

Online Reputation Manager
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We're a family of four, with 2 children aged 7 & 8. Depends what you want from a holiday....we wanted peace & quiet, kids entertained, good location, evening entertainment, good food and a sizeable clean room. This hotel far exceeded our expectation. Having read previous reviews I was a little dubious but was delighted with everything. The hotel is in a fantastic location, set on one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever sat on (and I have sat on quite a few). The beach is easily comparable to the caribbean. We had a lovely room with the kids sharing the 'lounge area' and we had a separate bedroom. Lovely clean bathroom, with heaps of towels. Excellent food, a massive choice to suit all tastes. Animation team are fab, providing evening entertainment every night and looking after the kids during the day. Mine didn't want to come home. A lovely quiet 'piano' type bar at the front of the hotel with occasional music entertainment. Go 'all inclusive' to make the most of your holiday. Unlimited drinks, ice creams etc, great for the kids. What I call a 'no rules' hotel that bend over backwards to make your stay a pleasant, enjoyable one. We never go to the same place twice, but I think I could be persuaded this time.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building (with reception on ground floor) have breathtaking views of the sea. We didn't have one but was allowed to use one as a courtesy room on the last day.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank louisesao
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We have just returned from our holiday at this hotel and I have never written a review but felt I had to for this hotel.
We were nervous as it was the first time going abroad with our little boy who is 3 and who also has a severe peanut allergy that could result in anaphylactic shock if eaten. We booked as all inclusive and we couldn't have been happier with this hotel. The staff, as mentioned in many reviews are amazing. So friendly, helpful and always happy and smiling. Children here are well catered for and our little boy loved the kids show in the evening. They did the show in various languages and English was always included. My little one came away using some basic Spanish, how could I complain about that! Christabel and the head chef deserve a special mention as from the moment we arrived in the restaurant and explained about my sons allergy they couldn't have been more helpful. We had no reactions or unpleasant surprises and felt relaxed about mealtimes. The choice was varied and they never ran out.
The beach is lovely and the sea is ideal for little ones as it is very shallow.
The hotel was immaculately clean at all times.
The only downside was the room decor (which was not shabby but just could do with an update) but we really didn't care as the room had everything we needed, was clean and tidy. Maid service every day.
If you have read some of the bad reviews and are debating weather to go just book, you will not be disappointed.
I would say though if your not keen on children, this is not the hotel for you but for a great family holiday you'll be hard pushed to find better.
We never go back to the same hotel but we certainly will return to this one.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank chocshock
Reviewed 19 June 2012

hi just returned from a ten night stay at the alcudia park hotel with my wife my son of 2 and daughter of 7 and the inlaws . what a hotel the food was great, rooms were great,pool area fantastic but the beach was superb even the germans were polite ha ha they even saved our sun lounger from blowing away, all in all a fantastic place and will be returning same time next year.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family