Returned today from 2 week stay having visited same time last year. Food was great, plenty of choice for everyone, still able to find a quieter spot to eat outside or towards the back of restaurant. Catering team and waiting staff extremely friendly as ever in particular Martin who waited in the area we tended to sit in. Accommodation in block 5 again side sea view, extremely clean throughout the stay and does need a refurb but completely functional. Communal areas were kept very clean again and poolside toilets in particular very well cleaned. The pool area had a different system with the sun beds being available overnight, last year they were kept locked until morning. This did cause some issues for others keen on the pool area as the "towel on the bed" issue occurred daily with some guests placing towels on during the night. This didn't affect us because we prefer the gorgeous beach directly accessed from the hotel and when in the pool didn't really need a sun bed. The entertainment team were reduced in number from last year quite significantly and still provided an excellent service and as with all staff clearly work very hard. Our children, twins age 4 absolutely loved mini disco, enjoyed the park and attended kids club quite a bit because the staff were so kind and friendly. Our special thanks to them for helping make the childrens holiday so much fun- to Elizabeth, Freida, Pana, Holly, Robin, Alex, Hannah and in doing so giving us a really rare opportunity to relax, read or talk to one another uninterupted for a few hours!!! A real bonus. The hotel environment lends itself to enabling the family to relax and allows children some freedom of movement but because of the visibility possible in the outdoor layout as a parent you can still retain visibility of them at all times. The team do particularly well having to manage the expectations of guests and communicate when they come from so many countries. The variation of countries was more noticeable this year and cultural differences were interesting to observe. The entertainment was enjoyable and again the team work incredibly hard to please their guests at all times. The bar staff were great and in particular Toni who always has a beaming smile. It was pleasing to see so many familiar staff again and also familiar families on a return trip. The beach is stunning and ideal for children because it is so safe. We did a boat trip to Formentor which was worthwhile and also took a pedaloe out from the area along the beach to the right of the hotel. Did a trip in to Alcudia port and ate out at Bodega Des Portes - very nice. I personally wouldn't do this type of holiday pre-children as we were keen to do our own thing, be more off the beaten track and do more outdoors type activity but with a young family this is ideal. Not sure I would advise this particular hotel if you are a couple and want to avoid children. For us it was great- thanks again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel has an fantastic location on the longest beach on the island, and just 6 km away from Puerto de Alcudia. The complex features 366 rooms as well as an outdoor pool and a heated covered pool, with hammocks, towels and parasols also available. Guests can also choose to stay in a superior Star Prestige room and enjoy its exclusive facilities and services. The cuisine at the Alcudia Park hotel is perfect for all, thanks to the wide choice at the buffet and the possibility of choosing low calorie dishes or the special menu for coeliacs ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Iberostar, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Alcudia Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Alcudia Park Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Puerto Alcudia
- Iberostar Hotel Alcudia Park
- Iberostar Alcudia Park Playa De Muro, Majorca