Iberostar Alcudia Park
  • Breakfast included
US$243
US$190
US$260
Eix Lagotel(Playa de Muro)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Prinsotel La Dorada(Playa de Muro)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$169
US$326
  • Pool
Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel(Playa de Muro)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$192
US$245
  • Beachfront
US$269
US$242
1,689 results
All reviewsmini clubbeach barevery nightkids clubreception staffentertainment teamfamily holidaygreat holidaystar prestigesea viewfantastic hotelrooms are basicindoor poolhalf boardseparate bedroomwould highly recommend this hotelthemed nights
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Went mid August as a family of four, children 8 and 5.
Heard Iberostar have fantastic kids clubs, and you cant fault them, they work exceptionally hard, activities all day to join in or stay away from.
We had a pool view apartment, perfectly reasonable, small bathroom, but thats my only gripe although the beds are pretty ordinary. Maids are great, always happy and room always clean.

Food is good overall and comparable to any hotel at this level, they mix it up well, even having a kebab night, which was a real change.

A few issues, one that caught me out. I booked with the hotel directly, and having traveled a lot I expected to pay the bill at the end of the stay at the hotel. Not here, and in fairness reading the small print on the booking, it does say payment on arrival. Ive never known that before, been with H10, Marriot etc etc and all I pay when I leave. Just something to be aware of.
As I only found this out since getting home, At the time I said I would pay when I leave, then on the next three visits to reception was asked every time, if I was going to pay my bill. A tad embarrassing and at the time I thought unnecessary. On reflection, and having read the booking form it was my error. Even so, not a great start.
Sunbeds are there if you want to get up early, high season and I managed to get beds at 8.30, but we preferred the beach. Its an older hotel and there isnt really enough room around the pool for the sunbeds they have. So it feels really squashed and hemmed in. people falling over each other. the beach is a way better option, its beautiful, and I am not generally a beach person.
We would head to the pool around 4pm and generally get one or two beds so the kids could end the day in the pool.
Adult entertainment is mixed, volley ball everyday but I was disappointed there was no football or water polo. shooting, archery etc but do like a team game and there just isnt the space.

Two things make this hotel, the beach is lovely but its the people who work here that are just superb, really made the hotel grow on me over ten days. If you asked day one, would I return, no way, day 5 or 6 maybe, day 10 I was sad to go.
If you try a little Spanish, they warm to you hugely. A lot of other Nationalities, but all mix well, Russians, Germans, Swiss all sorts, but I like it like that.
Overall, it really grew on me, mostly due to the people, but also the tranquility of the beach in the mornings, the kids club trying so hard, and just generally the whole experience.
I will go Iberostar again, maybe not back here, as I do like to kick a ball about on holiday.

One quick tip, if you go to the lobby of your block, there are 5 in total. Most people leave Parasols, lilos buckets and spades etc here when they leave.

1  Thank CaptainAndo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

we visited in may this year for a 1 week stay. we have stayed in much bigger iberostar hotels but found this to be perfect for our needs. small but easy to navigate. spotless clean with excellent friendly staff. food was great with plenty of choice for all. we were all incusive so took advantage of whats on offer especially the fresh cooked meats and salads. drinks were great..lots of cocktail choices included in the all inclusive.rooms average but didn't spend much time in there except to wash and sleep. small pools and very cold when were there, would imagine they warm up and get busy during peak season. fantastic beach location with clear waters and white sands. not too busy and always able to find a good spot.Lots of beach activities including jet skis, boats and volley ball. Its a lovely walk along the beach to alcudia port town and takes about 30 mins..Alcudia town is modern with plenty of eating areas and shops. prices ok..its euros so what do you expect.
We would return again just for the beach and the easy access to everything. so if your looking for a good family hotel that caters for children and want somewhere safe and friendly then you cant go wrong here.perfect for couples too...plenty of quiet areas.

Room Tip: It doesnt matter which room you are given..will be possible to hear the activities from all. but doesnt last all night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Alcudia Park with our daughters-5&2 Well, where do I start?! I have to say, i was a little aprehensive about going AI in Europe having previously only done it in the Carribean. The flight was a mere 2hrs-bonus! Transfer was about an hour but to be honest felt much shorter! We were the only guests off our flight staying here so check in was quick and very friendly-good start! We were told where our room was and that our cases would be taken up there, sure enough after 10 mins in our room the cases arrived!
THE ROOM-we had a 1 bed apt-it was more than adequate, I've no idea what people are on about saying the furnishings are tired? If i HAD to have a gripe about the room, it would be that the hanging space in the wardrobe isn't long enough for maxi dresses do they get creased at the bottom-but that is me just forcing mysf to not pick-not a big prob really! It was kept spotlessly clean by our maid-Geno who also used to leave towel animals and sweets for the girls! It was fab-nice big balcony AND having previously having been on the forum on here I had emailed the hotel and requested a room in block 1-which we got! 5th floor-having not paid for a pool/sea view room I was pleased that we had a side sea view!!!

FOOD-best all inclusive we have ever had! MASSIVE selection every day! There is the main buffet restaurant and the beach snack bar, there was always meat and fish on the grill, various pastas, one night they had a big donner kebab with pittas, ribs, you name it they had it-even lobster and sushi a couple of times! excellent!! The girls loved the kids bar and especially the white and dark chocolate fountain with the strawberries!!! Whoever says there is nothing to eat here must be seriously fussy!!

THE STAFF-Work tirelessly all day and night and ALWAYS with a smile on their face!

THE POOL-the one bone of contention!! It was a nightmare!! The sunbed situation really is a joke, they are chained up at night to stop people putting towels on the night before and then opened at 8.30-8.45 the next morning-people would just put their towels on the floor where they wanted the sunbeds to be!! If you weren't there at 8 in the morning to wait for the beds-forget it, you didn't stand a chance of getting em. We only went to the pool 4 times because of this farce and one time, we had our towel removed and one of our beds pinched, I saw others coming to blows too. Having said this, I don't know what the solution would be? Maybe have a 'no reserving sunbeds' rule and stick to it rigidly by removing towels on beds that aren't being used?-this annoyed me, people would put towels on in the morning, then go to the beach for the morning and not go to the pool till late afternoon!!!

THE BEACH-well, what can I say? It is just out of this world!! Having been to the Carribean for our last few holidays, I can honestly say it is comparable. The sand is lovely and clean, the sea is as clear as anything and warmer than the pool! It is shallow for a good 500yrds, it is perfect and safe for kids. We went there most days because of the pool situation, and trust me when I say we are not beach people!! Only went once in Cuba and that was only in a 'we're in Cuba so we have to' kind of way!! The sunbeds on the beach are about 10 euros per day, we just bought lilos and used those instead! You can always find beach mats, lilos, balls, buckets and spades etc left in the lobby of each block that people have left!

THE ENTERTAINMENT-brilliant!!!! Again the staff work so hard! We stayed for the shows most nights and genuinelly enjoyed them! We had Mamma Mia one night which was fabulous!!! There was a mini disco every night from 8.30-9 which the girls loved and fell in love with the staff-especially Frida and Robin!!! And of course there's Starky!!! We have all come home singing the songs and doing the dancing!!!

THE AREA-it is approx 10 Euros in a taxi to Alcudia Port which is lovely and well worth a visit! Outside the hotel, if you do a left there are a few restaurants that are lovely(especially the one with white tablecloths-can't remember the name!) if you do a right out of the hotel, there is a little market which is fab and there is also a superspar-handy for sweets/crisps for the kids!!
I know this review is long!! But I can't stop gushing about this place! We will most definitely be back, and am already looking for next yr!!
WELL DONE ALCUDIA PARK!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kell999
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Just returned home today from a fantastic 14 nights at Iberostar Alcudia Park. Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Room had a small kitchenette with fridge which was useful for keeping drinks cold. Had living area with separate bedroom. The kids slept on the sofa beds and they were perfectly adequate. Room was kept clean with nice touches of towel swans with chocolates etc! Large balcony with door from living area and bedroom. Pool area was lovely with a deep pool, medium pool and a little baby pool. The parasol situation was a bit crazy. People tie their towels round at some ridiculous time. I would go down at 8.30am just before they unlocked sunbeds and could always get a parasol. Sometimes we would go to beach (which is gorgeous, clean and the sea very shallow so idea for kids) in the morning and pool in the afternoon - could always get a sunbed after lunch. Entertainment team were brilliant. The usually daily activities for adults and kids - but nothing is forced on you - its just available if you fancy it. Great way of meeting people though and having a laugh at the same time!! Mini Club was good and my Son went a couple of times. The restaurant was busy at peak times but never had to queue that long. Great choice for breakfast to suit all nationalities. Chefs and waiters/waitresses very friendly and helpful - they do work hard! Lunch is either in restaurant or snack bar. We used snack bar most days - pizza, chips, pasta, burgers, prawns, steak, lobster, salad and rolls. Different things everyday but great choices for lunch. Also fresh fruit for pudding! Evening meal again could get busy but never a massive queue for food. Also a good choice and lots of selection to suit most people. I did hear a couple of people complaining that their child didn't like anything - totally ridiculous - there was lots to choose from! Evening entertainment - starts with Mini Disco (8.30 - 9pm) and Starky! If you lose playing darts etc during the day you might get roped in to be Starky! Main entertainment started at 9.30pm and there was a good show every night. The entertainers own quirky shows were very funny - especially Pana and Robin wearing just their sombreros!!!! All the entertainment team were great with the kids and adults and always had time to say hi. All in all a fantastic holiday and we will definitely return!

1  Thank Granty22
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We arrived at lunch time, early flight, and a transfer to kill the all mighty, first piece of advice, get a private transfer, took us almost 3 hours, island tour , dropping everyone one off... Knackered....the hotel staff were nice, but I felt they use this to their advantage to get out of tricky situations, we are a family of 4, 2 boys aged 12and 14, given a really small room, but told it was and upgrade to a pool view, any problems just let us know, but try it they said. Separate bedroom but the kids slept on a couch and a mate rests that was under the couch, so the youngest Leo almost on the floor, which in this day and age is really disappointing, the room was clean and well kept, I noticed the other rooms were a lot bigger with 2 sofas so I asked but was told no other rooms available till a few days later and €40 upgrade fee.... Beds made of concrete ... and you have to get up at 6am to put your towels etc on your preferred spot around the pool, due to beds being locked up till 8:30 - we didn't get involved in all that, but was really good fun to watch the 8:30 scramble, good entertainment first thing. Lol... We managed in The room but would recommend a superior apt not the basic- just went B&B as we wanted to eat out now the kids were older , all inc ok if you have little ones ... Although we noticed the pool/ beach bar was used by everyone whether you have a wrist band or not, so we enjoyed food & drinks every lunch time on the house, and went into town in evenings. Breakfast was ok, very busy in hotel restaurant , like Piccadilly station, busy and noisy - thank god we didn't have to eat there in the evenings, mad house. Asked about keeping room on for a couple of hours prior to departure but turned down, asked about a courtesy room but turned down, told to use pool showers to change ... Like I say , they say the negatives really nicely so not to offend but we got nothing out of them when asking for this and that....stayed a week, and would go back again, bus outside into town, €6 for us all - 10 mins journey to port and the better restaurants...

Room Tip: Basic apartments ok for 2 adults with 1 child, go for superior get 2 sofas, otherwise someone on floor.... Dark ages..... But typical Spanish accommodation...they need to move with the times...