This is the second summer we've returned to Alcudia Park, booking 14 nights this time as a week really wasn't long enough last year. Last year we absolutely loved the hotel and found nothing we could fault so were hoping we'd find very much the same this time round.
Apart from one or two small niggles, it still is a fantastic hotel. Run brilliantly, the service is faultless from every member of the team that you meet. And of course the animation team deserve a special mention - especially Robin and Frida (who my boys fell in love with!) - who do such an amazing job everyday with the kids.
The food choice and quality is fantastic, probably the best all inclusive we've tried, even with several trips to various 5* Caribbean resorts. Our 5yo has an egg allergy and on request the chef at the main restaurant would cook him egg-free pasta especially, which he loved and we really appreciated.
The rooms are basic and probably starting to get a little tired, but they are clean and serviced every day by a great housekeeping team. For the few hours a day you use them, the fact that they are basic really doesn't matter.
The pool area & beach are beautiful and very clean - both are perfect for children. The sea is shallow and relatively calm for 500yds. We saw a few jellyfish this year (lots this summer around the whole Med) but these were large and bright purple so easy to spot! It's so nice to have the beach on resort so you can easily switch between the pool & sea - the beach was often breezy so felt a lot cooler than around the pool which is great if the kids want to cool off in the afternoon.
There are lots of shops in the local area selling beach bits, snacks, cheap toys etc which we used to take a walk around in the evening plus a nice little night market just along the beach.
There's a little road train which the kids love which takes you on a 45 min round trip, only €14 for a family of four. It leaves a couple of hundred yards from the front of the hotel, near where the night market sets up.
So, the only negatives. Last year the hotel did not tolerate any early risers putting towels down by the pool to reserve their spot. For some reason, this has relaxed this year and the Brits are as guilty of it as anyone - and that's a real disappointment. I hope the hotel sort this out by the time we return next year. We chose not to get involved and happily perched on towels by the pool in the morning returning to get beds late afternoon if they were free. The only other suggestion is that it would be nice to have the option to enjoy one meal free of charge in the new a la carte restaurant during your stay if you're all inclusive - currently you just receive a 25% discount so we didn't use it.
Overall I rate this hotel so highly and cannot recommend it highly enough for families. It's quite expensive but you can see how popular it is by how early it gets booked up every year - well worth the premium!
Thank you Iberostar, looking forward to next August already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PLEASE NOTE: The IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel reopens its doors this spring with new suites and Star Prestige zone, as well as a new Beach Club. Located right on the seafront at the Playa de Muro, IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park is one of Alcudia’s leading hotels. This apartment hotel with exclusive All Inclusive option is ideal for families with children for many reasons including the hotel's unique U-shape, which provides security and privacy, and the shallow sea waters. Likewise, the hotel is home to Alcudia's port promenade, one of the most entertaining in Majorca, in a coveted inlet perfect for water-sports. Our hotel offers 366 apartments, many with lovely sea, pool, or garden views. Pools and Beach. This Alcudia all-inclusive family hotel's pristine pools and beach, nearly touching each other, are the main attraction for guests at the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park during their stay in Alcudia. Children can play and splash in the water while parents relax without worry. Playa de Muro is one of the best beaches on the island of Mallorca. Relaxing Vacations. At IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park's SPA Sensations, you can indulge in the best services in a new concept in wellbeing for hotels in Alcudia. Treatments and facilities include Finnish sauna, massage, Turkish baths, manicure and pedicure room, hydro-massage, and relaxation area...all performed with the utmost care and attention of the best, skilled professionals of our top Playa de Muro spa hotel. Extra charge. Kids Entertained Like Never Before. Our family-oriented hotel in Alcudia plans children's activities according to age. The Teenieclub has been created for teenagers, packed with a generous offering of sports and activities. Your little kings and queens will continue to feel like royalty with the activities and games offered during your Alcudia vacation. Fun without borders. At the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel you will have fun with a wide array of activities. Water sports, adventure sports, shows and performances --a world of fun is waiting for you in one of the best hotels in Alcudia. Priority Location Apartments. Integrated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park is proud to present its Priority Location Apartments, ideal for luxury apartment holidays in Playa de Muro: modern, exclusive, and featuring an enormous 40-inch flat screen TV as well a grand panoramic terrace with outdoor sofa, two hammocks, artificial grass and views of the swimming pool. Free premium Wi-Fi: Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to three devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Iberostar, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Alcudia Park Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Puerto Alcudia
- Iberostar Hotel Alcudia Park
- IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park Playa De Muro, Majorca