I travelled to this hotel as a family with two girls aged 9 & 6 in the last week of May. The weather this time of year is changeable and varied between bright sunshine, cloudy and heavy rain, the temperature was around 20C but was much cooler in the evening.
The hotel itself gives a very good first impression, the reception is modern and spacious and the staff were friendly and professional. They were especially nice when my 6 year old used tiny bits of Spanish, they really do appreciate the effort. We checked in alone which was fine, I did walk through reception during a busy check in and it did appear very hectic. I did witness a couple and baby trying to check in at 11pm one evening only to be told that the hotel was full, I had heard the same from someone else in a party of 8 earlier and they were sent to another hotel - this is slightly worrying.
The beach by this hotel is excellent, lovely sand and shallow water which allows the children to play in relative safety, you can walk out 50 meters before it starts getting too deep. Sunbeds cost €10.65 to hire with a parasol - the charge for these is dictated by the council, not the hotel. Be warned you will be offered watches and sunglasses, massages and hair braiding several times every hour, they are not overly intrusive but can be slightly annoying.
The rooms are fairly spacious and very clean, the inclusion of a fridge is a great help and not something I have had before all inclusive. The décor is fine if a little dated, it wouldn't pass as 4 star in the UK but we found it comfortable enough (even on the pull out bed in the lounge area. Travelling with young children we were back in the room most evenings relatively early, unfortunately our room had no view, just a road. A pool or sea view costs extra. The room did have a TV but for English speaking you are limited to BBC1 and BBC2 plus CNN news, a few more channels or some pay per view would be handy.
The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and appears well maintained, I reported a loose balcony tile and this was repaired the next morning - well done.
We stayed just before school half term and caught the start of half term when the hotel became much, much busier.
The restaurant is very good, the food is excellent by all inclusive standards, not top restaurant quality but there was always plenty to choose from and was usually fresh and hot, even a fussy eater can find something. The kids and wife loved the pancakes (with every breakfast). When the hotel was at capacity, the restaurant was extremely busy at peak times (9am & 7pm), evening meal was the busiest and on a couple of occasions we had to stand by a table and wait for it to be cleared from the previous guests, my advice is to get in as soon as possible to get a table.
The pool area is pleasant, however some of the trees/bushes around the childrens pool can obstruct the view of the pool and more chairs could be fitted in. When the hotel got busier getting a bed by the pool was very difficult, most had towels on before 9am. Unbelievably, on the morning when we had torrential rain somebody folded over the chairs in prime position and put their towels on them???? Also, one side of the pool has created a wind tunnel effect.
An annoyance was that all inclusive drinks were only available from the pool bar, very strange that the hotel has 2 bars and only 1 can be used unless the weather is bad. During May the evenings are cool and some people may want to sit inside - especially those without children who aren't interested in the kids entertainment between 8 & 9 every night. This is not 4 star mentality, this is not putting the guests first. I wasn't overly impressed with some of the staff at the pool bar shaking their tip jar and pretty much demanding tips from guests, on a positive note, the Iberostar cocktail is delicious.
The guests are a mix of British and German and it seemed to me that the childrens entertainment was heavily aimed at the German side. The entertainment staff were friendly and enthusiastic at all times.
I did not like were the childrens play area was situated - It was behind the outside stage, by the beach and adjacent to a public road, I feel this was a little too easily accessible to people not staying at the hotel.
I also was disappointed with the charge for wifi, €20 for the week, however you can only use this on one device at a time, if I had known this I may not have bothered. Safe is €18 for week plus €6 deposit. Towels can be borrowed from reception for use at pool or beach and can be changed everyday although you do need to put a €10 per towel deposit.
On the whole, nice hotel, good food, great beach, would I go back, maybe but not at full price only with a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PLEASE NOTE: The IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel reopens its doors this spring with new suites and Star Prestige zone, as well as a new Beach Club. Located right on the seafront at the Playa de Muro, IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park is one of Alcudia’s leading hotels. This apartment hotel with exclusive All Inclusive option is ideal for families with children for many reasons including the hotel's unique U-shape, which provides security and privacy, and the shallow sea waters. Likewise, the hotel is home to Alcudia's port promenade, one of the most entertaining in Majorca, in a coveted inlet perfect for water-sports. Our hotel offers 366 apartments, many with lovely sea, pool, or garden views. Pools and Beach. This Alcudia all-inclusive family hotel's pristine pools and beach, nearly touching each other, are the main attraction for guests at the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park during their stay in Alcudia. Children can play and splash in the water while parents relax without worry. Playa de Muro is one of the best beaches on the island of Mallorca. Relaxing Vacations. At IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park's SPA Sensations, you can indulge in the best services in a new concept in wellbeing for hotels in Alcudia. Treatments and facilities include Finnish sauna, massage, Turkish baths, manicure and pedicure room, hydro-massage, and relaxation area...all performed with the utmost care and attention of the best, skilled professionals of our top Playa de Muro spa hotel. Extra charge. Kids Entertained Like Never Before. Our family-oriented hotel in Alcudia plans children's activities according to age. The Teenieclub has been created for teenagers, packed with a generous offering of sports and activities. Your little kings and queens will continue to feel like royalty with the activities and games offered during your Alcudia vacation. Fun without borders. At the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel you will have fun with a wide array of activities. Water sports, adventure sports, shows and performances --a world of fun is waiting for you in one of the best hotels in Alcudia. Priority Location Apartments. Integrated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park is proud to present its Priority Location Apartments, ideal for luxury apartment holidays in Playa de Muro: modern, exclusive, and featuring an enormous 40-inch flat screen TV as well a grand panoramic terrace with outdoor sofa, two hammocks, artificial grass and views of the swimming pool. Free premium Wi-Fi: Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to three devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Iberostar, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Alcudia Park Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Puerto Alcudia
- Iberostar Hotel Alcudia Park
- IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park Playa De Muro, Majorca