“great hol”

Iberostar Alcudia Park
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Reviewed 5 June 2014

great holiday 3rd time ,there but food not so good as before ,great pool and beach ,very clean hotel .entertainment staff where great,had to get up early again as no sun beds left if you got down after 8am.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Alcudia Park

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great experience from start to finish. The hotel staff have a genuine passion for what they do, and they do it with a smile.
Plenty to do, and if the pool area is full....... the beach is on the doorstep!
I tried to drink the bar dry on more than one occasion, but failed, high praise indeed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My stay at this hotel was made perfect by all the staff there, they are friendly, kind and most of all helpful.
The hotel it's self is well looked after and clean. There is a great range of food choices to suit everyone.
It is also perfectly located on the beach, rooms where cleaned everyday and the grounds was well look after. A great family hotel.

During my stay the entertainment was amazing Kris and his team do a fantastic job day in and out, always smiling and happy to help.
My eldest daughter was even chosen to take part in one of the best shows I have ever seen at any hotel, the show is called the lion king. The effort and hard work Kris and the team put in this show, came across 10 fold.
They are a pleasure to be around and fantastic with the kids which I feel is a big plus. If you are looking for a holiday based around young children then they are the A-team!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Nazieb
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Alcudia Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

There is nothing we love more than reading that our guests felt well cared after and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of their stay at our IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel; we are very grateful for the time you took out of your day to share your satisfaction with the travel community of Tripadvisor.

Moreover we thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of our accommodations as well as the quality of our buffets; at IBEROSTAR we know that meals are a very important aspect of our guests' overall holiday experience, this is why our professional Chefs strive on a daily basis to prepare a wide variety of typical local dishes as well as the best international delights in order to please all palates, it is very enjoyable to read that we could conquer yours.

We are also very grateful for your nice comments towards our animation staff, their enthusiasm is contagious and they strive to offer a wide variety of leisure and sport activities throughout the day as well as entertaining evening shows to make our guests' stay a memorable one; we will not fail to let them know how they made such a positive impact on your stay as we know it will mean a great deal to them.

Thank you again for your visit and very kind recommendation to Tripadvisor’s readers; we look forward to serving you again in our IBEROSTAR hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide.

Kindest Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have returned from the May half term holiday and would definitely book again.
The reception we got was excellent from Bob (Roberto) on reception and we were shown to a very clean, decent bedroom. We enquirer about upgrade though and we're given the option of room 1601 which is the recently refurbished rooftop suite. An extra 45 euros a night during high season but worth every penny for the view alone. Probably one if the best views in Alcudia.
The room was spacious and cleaned to a high standard daily, towels and sheets on demand.
The restaurant is excellent, a wide variety of buffet food as well as freshly cooked dishes and a separate kids buffet for picky kids. There is always something to suit.
The pool had plenty sunbeds and was warm enough to spend the day in.
The kids club is well run by Elisabeth, Veronica and Holly and kept our 3 and 5 year old well entertained although if your child is under 4 you do have to stay with them or be nearby.
The beach is on your doorstep, literally. The sand is golden and soft and the water stays shallow for a good distance so kids can play in shallow waves.
The entertainment is pretty much what you'd expect for a family hotel but is probably suited to younger family's more. Kris and the animation team do a great job though working very long days to keep you entertained. (Try the shooting and archery with Evgeny, he's a wit).
There are shops and restaurants in the vicinity, the port and old town are walkable but there is a bus stop outside the hotel front door as well.
The hotel is well situated, with fantastic, helpful staff. It was spotlessly clean. The beach is fantastic and the food was great. What more could you want?
My only request would be for the TV to have a kids channel in English, petty I know, but would be handy for late afternoons when getting ready or getting out of the sun.
Not sure if the rooms are aircon either.

Room Tip: Upgrade to sea view or terraced suite or if you can get it room 1601.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I travelled to this hotel as a family with two girls aged 9 & 6 in the last week of May. The weather this time of year is changeable and varied between bright sunshine, cloudy and heavy rain, the temperature was around 20C but was much cooler in the evening.

The hotel itself gives a very good first impression, the reception is modern and spacious and the staff were friendly and professional. They were especially nice when my 6 year old used tiny bits of Spanish, they really do appreciate the effort. We checked in alone which was fine, I did walk through reception during a busy check in and it did appear very hectic. I did witness a couple and baby trying to check in at 11pm one evening only to be told that the hotel was full, I had heard the same from someone else in a party of 8 earlier and they were sent to another hotel - this is slightly worrying.

The beach by this hotel is excellent, lovely sand and shallow water which allows the children to play in relative safety, you can walk out 50 meters before it starts getting too deep. Sunbeds cost €10.65 to hire with a parasol - the charge for these is dictated by the council, not the hotel. Be warned you will be offered watches and sunglasses, massages and hair braiding several times every hour, they are not overly intrusive but can be slightly annoying.

The rooms are fairly spacious and very clean, the inclusion of a fridge is a great help and not something I have had before all inclusive. The décor is fine if a little dated, it wouldn't pass as 4 star in the UK but we found it comfortable enough (even on the pull out bed in the lounge area. Travelling with young children we were back in the room most evenings relatively early, unfortunately our room had no view, just a road. A pool or sea view costs extra. The room did have a TV but for English speaking you are limited to BBC1 and BBC2 plus CNN news, a few more channels or some pay per view would be handy.

The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and appears well maintained, I reported a loose balcony tile and this was repaired the next morning - well done.

We stayed just before school half term and caught the start of half term when the hotel became much, much busier.

The restaurant is very good, the food is excellent by all inclusive standards, not top restaurant quality but there was always plenty to choose from and was usually fresh and hot, even a fussy eater can find something. The kids and wife loved the pancakes (with every breakfast). When the hotel was at capacity, the restaurant was extremely busy at peak times (9am & 7pm), evening meal was the busiest and on a couple of occasions we had to stand by a table and wait for it to be cleared from the previous guests, my advice is to get in as soon as possible to get a table.

The pool area is pleasant, however some of the trees/bushes around the childrens pool can obstruct the view of the pool and more chairs could be fitted in. When the hotel got busier getting a bed by the pool was very difficult, most had towels on before 9am. Unbelievably, on the morning when we had torrential rain somebody folded over the chairs in prime position and put their towels on them???? Also, one side of the pool has created a wind tunnel effect.

An annoyance was that all inclusive drinks were only available from the pool bar, very strange that the hotel has 2 bars and only 1 can be used unless the weather is bad. During May the evenings are cool and some people may want to sit inside - especially those without children who aren't interested in the kids entertainment between 8 & 9 every night. This is not 4 star mentality, this is not putting the guests first. I wasn't overly impressed with some of the staff at the pool bar shaking their tip jar and pretty much demanding tips from guests, on a positive note, the Iberostar cocktail is delicious.

The guests are a mix of British and German and it seemed to me that the childrens entertainment was heavily aimed at the German side. The entertainment staff were friendly and enthusiastic at all times.

I did not like were the childrens play area was situated - It was behind the outside stage, by the beach and adjacent to a public road, I feel this was a little too easily accessible to people not staying at the hotel.

I also was disappointed with the charge for wifi, €20 for the week, however you can only use this on one device at a time, if I had known this I may not have bothered. Safe is €18 for week plus €6 deposit. Towels can be borrowed from reception for use at pool or beach and can be changed everyday although you do need to put a €10 per towel deposit.

On the whole, nice hotel, good food, great beach, would I go back, maybe but not at full price only with a good deal.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms may be a good idea
3  Thank Gingersidds
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just returned on Thursday from a half term week away. After reading some of the negative comments on here I was a little worried that I had picked the wrong hotel. Well I was wrong. We arrived after a long drawn out transfer from the airport. Check in went smoothly and we were given our room key. We stayed in Block 4 - we were given a room on the 6th floor which I wasn't happy about as I have a 7 year old and a 10 month old. There wasn't anything else that they could offer, so after explaining to my eldest she must not go on the balcony we got over it. The room was basic but it was clean and the beds were as comfy as could be expected. The maid came in every day to make the beds and tidy up and she did well - not sure how often sheets were changed, but that said you wouldn't change them more than once a week at home so not really an issue, towels were changed more or less every day but there were plenty of them. The complex its self was very nice, plenty of sun beds and the restaurant was very nice - so clean and the staff so friendly. The food options were good - I am very very fussy and I didn't go hungry, plenty of food during the day at various intervals. Always somewhere to get a drink. We spent time on the beach which was absolutey beautiful. I made use of the spa - had a pedicure - which at first I thought was expensive but after the event was more than happy with the treatment I received and it was bliss to have time to myself. We were pleased with the entrainment, the team did a fab job. My daughter was hardly to be seen as we couldn't keep her out of the kids club - plenty of activities for the children and they looked after them well. Thank you Veronica and Elisabeth - my daughter hasn't stopped talking about you. It would have been nice if there was an area that catered for small babies (of which quite a few were there during our time) My little has just started to crawl and other than when we were on the beach we couldn't put her down as the tiled flooring would have been dangerous for her. We had quite a bit of rain here and there but it still didn't ruin our holiday. The outside location was a bit disappointing as there wasn't anything unless you travelled. On the whole had a fab time and would return to the hotel. Thank you.

Room Tip: Was happy where we were situated but if we do visit again I would pay the extra for the posher rooms...
1  Thank Emmalou41
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Good beds. We had a double bed, not two singel beds together - nice. Ok rooms. Entertainment from 8 to 10 pm, then quiet, good if you want the kids to sleep. There where some training/aerobic etc in daytime, but I never knew when and where. The instructor should advertise more! Good food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa
IBEROSTAR Abufera Park
IBEROSTAR Abufera Park
#2 of 30 in Playa de Muro

Been to Iberostar Alcudia Park? Share your experiences!