This was our second stay at the Alcudia Park. Our two girls are 6 and 3 and we didn't want to risk staying somewhere new in case it didn't live up to the high standards set by the Alcudia Park back in 2012.
What was important to us was firstly the location. The beach is beautiful and very safe. Our eldest is a confident swimmer but the youngest was wary of the sea. After 10 days in the shallow warm waters in playa de muro she was a water baby! The alcudia park is directly on the beach so is ideal.
Secondly the entertainment for the children was important. The staff at Alcudia Park are in my opinion fantastic. The daytime mini club and pool activities are great and the mini disco and evening entertainment are very well done. If you expect a West End show then you will be disappointed. In truth the shows are a little similar after 10 days but the team are so hard working and enthusiastic that it is hard to be anything but complimentary.
Finally the food is a key requirement for us. We changed to all inclusive from half board - note that 6 and under don't pay extra for AI. The choice was great - a different theme every night. Then there is normally a further extra theme. For example on vegetarian night there was a massive veal joint! Again after 10 nights you start to get repeats but I didn't notice any dip in quality from two years ago.
Sun beds - get up after 8am and you won't get one. I think they need a better system. Didn't let it effect our stay.
Wifi - it's expensive and not very reliable.
Rooms are fine for our needs and special mention to the cleaners who every day left sweets for our kids
Final mention to Jet2 - this was our first break during school holidays and first as a package rather than independent. The journeys there and back couldn't have been better. Flights arrived early, transfers were easy and even better took just over an hour. Would highly recommend based on this experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PLEASE NOTE: The IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel reopens its doors this spring with new suites and Star Prestige zone, as well as a new Beach Club. Located right on the seafront at the Playa de Muro, IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park is one of Alcudia’s leading hotels. This apartment hotel with exclusive All Inclusive option is ideal for families with children for many reasons including the hotel's unique U-shape, which provides security and privacy, and the shallow sea waters. Likewise, the hotel is home to Alcudia's port promenade, one of the most entertaining in Majorca, in a coveted inlet perfect for water-sports. Our hotel offers 366 apartments, many with lovely sea, pool, or garden views. Pools and Beach. This Alcudia all-inclusive family hotel's pristine pools and beach, nearly touching each other, are the main attraction for guests at the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park during their stay in Alcudia. Children can play and splash in the water while parents relax without worry. Playa de Muro is one of the best beaches on the island of Mallorca. Relaxing Vacations. At IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park's SPA Sensations, you can indulge in the best services in a new concept in wellbeing for hotels in Alcudia. Treatments and facilities include Finnish sauna, massage, Turkish baths, manicure and pedicure room, hydro-massage, and relaxation area...all performed with the utmost care and attention of the best, skilled professionals of our top Playa de Muro spa hotel. Extra charge. Kids Entertained Like Never Before. Our family-oriented hotel in Alcudia plans children's activities according to age. The Teenieclub has been created for teenagers, packed with a generous offering of sports and activities. Your little kings and queens will continue to feel like royalty with the activities and games offered during your Alcudia vacation. Fun without borders. At the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel you will have fun with a wide array of activities. Water sports, adventure sports, shows and performances --a world of fun is waiting for you in one of the best hotels in Alcudia. Priority Location Apartments. Integrated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park is proud to present its Priority Location Apartments, ideal for luxury apartment holidays in Playa de Muro: modern, exclusive, and featuring an enormous 40-inch flat screen TV as well a grand panoramic terrace with outdoor sofa, two hammocks, artificial grass and views of the swimming pool. Free premium Wi-Fi: Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to three devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Iberostar, Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Alcudia Park Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Puerto Alcudia
- Iberostar Hotel Alcudia Park
- IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park Playa De Muro, Majorca