“Disappointed”

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

After our 1 week stay at this hotel I feel the need to write this review, firstly not a 4 star hotel for sure, rooms are very run down, there is not enough sun beds for the amount of guests, night entertainment for the children is the same every night and entertainment for adults is ok, but not the best and only lasts an hour if your lucky, the pool is rather small for the amount of guests, all other guests I spoke to were very disappointed and thought the same as myself, I think the hotel needs a complete revamp. Also stop charging for ice creams at the bar, there is a board with a whole selection of different ice creams, but only one particular sort is available for all inclusive guests, although we took extra money along with us, I heard parents having to tell their children they could not afford to keep paying for ice cream as they had paid enough for the holiday in the first place, also people arguing with the bar staff regarding hidden extras, the only good thing about this hotel is the beach, but I'm sure you could find a better hotel further along the beach. Overall would definitely not go back, would not recommend, always busy at reception, over priced rubbish and feel heavenly ripped off, food choice is limited and the staff in the restaurant look like they are being forced to work there, not warming at all, I spoke to at least 15 families that were very very disappointed. Try investing a bit of what you charge iberostar

Room Tip: Don't bother visiting
2 Thank Anna S
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Anna,

Thank you for your review of our IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel, we always welcome feedback, as it allows us to continually improve the experience we create for our guests.

We took good note of your comments on the extra charges for some items available in our bars and lament your disappointment, please know your feedback has been shared with our management for revision.

Moreover, although our hotel was built a few years ago we do our best to maintain our rooms to their original standard thank to the services of our maintenance team onsite, nevertheless we passed on your review to our central office so as to study the possibility to renovate some areas in the near future.

This year we have invested in new sunbeds so as to guarantee some available throughout the day, unfortunately during the peak season when very few guests decide to visit the island and the marvelous beach fronting the hotel, we may have difficulties to have available sunbeds late during the day and lament the inconveniences caused.

At IBEROSTAR we believe that nice leisure activities and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling this is why our animation team strives to offer a wide range of activities for our guests to join in; we would like to take the opportunity to point out that before the evening show our animation team organized a mini disco for our little guests to make new friends in a multicultural environment and learn the club’s dance routines, the show that follows the mini disco is thought to entertain guest of all ages and nationalities and changes every night.

Once more, thank you for your visit and constructive critics; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the opportunity to welcome you again in any of our IBEROSTAR hotels and resorts in the most beautiful destinations worldwide and exceed your expectations in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Birstall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We really enjoyed our holiday a really good hotel for the children. I though the entertainment team were fantastic they put 100 percent in all the time and loved the back to the 90's show very professional. Food was good we were amazed at the amount of choice. My only criticism was the comfort of the beds- and rooms good do with updating. However we would return because it was a very good holiday.

Essex
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the Iberostar Alcudia Park in June. We were travelling with a 17 month year old toddler. The hotel met our needs very well. The room was a bit tired looking but very clean. The pool was very nice. The restaurant had a good range of food available. The entertainment was good, the only downside was that due to the hotels setting the music was quite loud whilst we were trying to settle our child as went on from 9pm until 10pm. The beach was accessible from the hotel but you have to hire parasols and loungers if you require them. Also, WI FI is not free.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank EssexSeasider
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We choose this hotel as we had previously been there two years ago and couldn't fault it then and was very impressed with the standard and service that we received in 2012, unfortunately this wasn't the case this time.

Outside Beach Bar
Firstly the main problem here was the amount of bird muck that was on the chairs, yes i can understand that the hotel can not help the local wildlife but the chairs could have been cleaned more often, on a number of occasions myself and my party were left with marks on our clothes from the chairs, and a number of other guests including ourselves had to change the chairs around the tables before we/they could sit down.

Secondly the plates here where always hot which is not good when you are wanting salad at a lunch time, and the knives and forks were left out in the sunshine so when you picked them up they were very hot as if they had just come out of an oven

Thirdly we feel that the entertainment has gone down hill this year as all we had most evenings were dancers. A couple of evening we had singers which weren't to bad, but felt that the star friends did better entertainment themselves (especially Kris who remembered my children from 2 years ago), as was the case in 2012 when we were there

One lunch time when we were sat up in the beach bar my son was nearly hit in the face by one of the umbrellas which was broken and closed on its own, when we informed a member of staff he tried to fix it but another member of staff practically laughed saying there is no point in fixing it and it was just left down

The toilets in the pool area next to the restaurant where not cleaned as regularly as they could have been and on a number of occasions i had to go to reception and ask for toilet roll to be replaced. And the toilets next to the indoor pool where closed on an evening.

Main Restaurant

On a number of occasions myself and my party picked up plates that were dirty or had food still on the bottom of them, and they were always cold which isn't good when you are putting hot food onto them as the food is then cold by the time you get back to your table. The food itself wasn't allows hot and could have been hotter, not once did i see a chef check the temperature of the food and sometimes i saw them put new food on top of the old food which had been stood for a while therefore it would be cold and hot food put on top of it. Sometimes there were no plates at all and you had to wait till the waiter/waitress had brought some more.

I understand that the restaurant is going to be busy between the hour of 7.30 - 8.30pm as the younger children within the hotel went to the mini disco at 8.30pm, but on more than one occasion there were no wine glasses at either of the drink stations and one time i also experienced no beer or wine in the dispenser, I did mention this to a member of staff and yes it was sorted straight away.

On most evening my mother and father liked cheese and biscuits but there was never any crackers left and just a empty dish left there with crumbs in it. It was as if they had opened one packet and once it was gone that was it, even though the restaurant was open from 7pm till 9.30pm.

On one occasion I asked a waitresses if it was possible to have a clean table cloth and was looked at in disgust. Nn sooner had she changed our tablecloth she went to the next table and started talking to the guests there as if we had broken her off talking to them. I even saw one table turn their own tablecloth over as it was dirty.

The food this time was very repetitive what we had for evening meal was then presented to us the next lunch time, the last time we were there we never had the same meal once in the 10 days we stayed at this hotel.

Food was thrown onto your plate by the servers and when asked how you would like your meat cooked it didn't seem to matter how you asked if to be cooked you never got it the way you wanted it. Eg rare was over cooked, medium was undercooked.

I also noticed that when food was spilt on the floor of the restaurant it took a large amount of time to get it cleaned up and if a waiter or waitress did see it they just got the nearest chair possible to the spill regardless of the fact that some one was sitting at that table. On one occasion a chef had to come round and clean the floor so nobody slipped on it.

One evening we went into the inside bar as my sons were playing pool in there and was informed that we weren't allowed a drink in there unless we paid for it, as we were all inclusive we thought this was bar was also included in the all inclusive package as was the case 2 years ago, no wonder there was nobody in this bar.

We enjoyed our overall stay at this hotel but feel that these issues let the hotel down and therefore feel that we wouldn't want to return to this hotel again, the members of staff that we did deal with from Raf in reception to Kris in the star friend entertainment and Adrian in the beach bar who always gave my youngest a high five everytime he saw him where very pleasant and helpful apart form the one in the restaurant which i mentioned earlier.

I have also emailed my concerns twice regarding the issues above over a week ago and at present I am still waiting for a reply from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view as we previously stayed in a street view over looking the staff entrance and was...
1 Thank Alison2803
Dear Alison,

We first would like to thank you for your return visit to our IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park hotel and although we lament we fell short of your expectations from your previous visit we thank you for the time you took out of your day to share your feedback on your stay; we are fully aware that there is always room for improvement so we thank you for your review.

Cleanliness and hygiene are aspects of primary importance for IBEROSTAR this is why our housekeeping staff undertakes a thorough cleaning of all public areas, including our beach bar ; as this outlet is located under pine trees, the resin can fall on chairs and floors and can be mistaken with bird feces, however we would like to take the opportunity to point out that our staff cleans the bar’s chairs, tables and floors daily so as to ensure a spotless area at all times, In addition, public toilets are cleaned and revised regularly throughout the day by our housekeeping team; please accept our apologies if we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion, your comments have been shared with our management team for revision.

All cutlery and plates are cleaned at very high temperatures in our industrial dishwashers and are revised one by one before placing them in our buffet, this is why we were surprised to read your comments on our restaurant’s cutlery and crockery, as well as the lack of glasses as our waiting staff ensures throughout the service that dishes, cutlery and glasses are spotless and available at all times; each tray is being exposed for a maximum of an half an hour although some may last a little longer depending on the product. During the service our Chefs check the temperature again to make sure it is appropriate. Our hotel being HACCP certified we follow the strict food safety management system as per EN ISO 22000:2005 and want to reassure you on this point; Moreover we would like to highlight the presence of our management team as well as our Maître throughout all services to ensure that all guests are fully enjoying their meals; for future occasions we encourage you to contact them to point out any service imperfection, they will be enchanted to assist you.

At IBEROSTAR we have a true passion for gastronomy and are fully aware that meals are an aspect of primary importance for our guests to enjoy their holidays abroad, this is why our expert team of chefs strives to surprise our guests with high quality culinary delights both local and international following a two weeks menu rotation so as to ensure the possibility to savor many different flavors at every single meal and make it one of the best added values to their holiday among us, we sincerely regret we were not able to meet your culinary wishes on this occasion; however we would like to point out that we do not serve remaining for previous meals on our buffets, all dishes are prepared fresh for every single service.

Thank you again for your visit and constructive critics; our main commitment being to offer the best vacation to our guests, based on the service provided by professionals and the delivery of high quality products, we do hope we will have the opportunity to change your latest impression about our service and turn it into a wonderful holiday experience with IBEROSTAR in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 1 week stay all inclusive at alcudia park. Really enjoyed it food was lovely plenty of variety and different choices although was really busy in restaurant with lots of children running about as well as adults pushing in front of you. To avoid this best to go down early. Room was clean but a little dated and could do with redecoration ie holes in curtains and marks on walls. I agree with issue of getting a sun bed although I didn't have a problem and I didn't get up early to reserve one I did see on occasions beds reserved with no one using them until late afternoon personally if they aren't being used then you are within your right to remove towels. There also was on occasions a 'sewage' smell around the pool and for long time one evening not too sure where this came from but it wasn't nice. Staff were friendly and helpful special thanks to Carlos of teen club for keeping my son entertained. Had an issue with the shower head in my room and within 1/2 hour of reporting to reception it was fixed. Great service. Hope to be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
cambridgeshire
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We are a family of 4 and have recently returned from the hotel.
We arrived at the hotel late morning and to our surprise the room was ready straight away and we had been given an upgrade to a room with a fantastic terraced area with 2 sun beds , sofa and table , it was fantastic .
We never got up at 5am to reserve a sun bed , if we couldn't get some by the pool we could also get some on the grass area which overlooked the sea .
The entertainment team worked exceptionally hard and the shows they put on were good.
The rooms are basic but very clean and to be honest I don't go on holiday to spend time in my room!
We used the wifi in reception and had no problems with this .
The only improvement I think the hotel could make is to have more vegetarian options for the food as my daughter is a vegetarian and sometimes struggled to find something other than chips to eat .
This was our second time staying at the hotel and I think it was as good as our first time if not slightly better .
The location is fantastic, right on the beach and outside there are enough shops and restaurants to have a good wander around .
The manager of the hotel was often seen walking around , which is good that he has a visible presence .
All in all a fantastic hotel with very hard working staff, I was sad when it was time to come home .

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank cazza1Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I am actually sitting in the apartment at the hotel writing this review as unbelievably it is raining outside and has been all day ! my review is going to sound very similar to all the others you have read up til this point, ill do the positives first ! of which there are many ! superb location right on the beautiful Alcudia beach which you can wade into probaby 100 metres and it will still be only waist deep :) fantastic staff i am yet to meet a grumpy one and nothing seems to be too much trouble ! top noch food ! for those who have mentioned it being a little repetitive It always amazes me how these hotels cater for up to 700 people of at least 10 plus nationalities over a typical 3 hour dinner sitting and keep the standard and variety so high ! i am yet too find a hotel in the uk that could do it and if they could i shudder to think how much it would cost ! our room is nice clean , I assume it has been updated after reading lots of reviews about the tiredness of some of them this one is far from that , people arriving must understand that i am guessing it was first built in the 70s maybe 80s and it will always have that feel about it no matter what they do short of demolishing it and starting again,and just as a footnote for the people recommending this room and that room don't forget there are hefty supplements to be paid for the pool / sea views so please check first ! and now for the minus points ! the biggest one by far is the sun bed situation I have read many times on tripadvisor about sunbeds being in short supply in different hotels that i have stayed at and when we have arrived there was not so much of a problem but this hotel is by far the worst i have ever encountered ! if part of your holiday plans involves getting up at 5.30 / 6am and reserving your sunbed then you have no problem, but if you and your family fancy a lie in and after spending not far short of 5k on your annual holiday and the 4 star hotel you have booked cannot provide something as basic as a sunbed there is surely something wrong :( the other minus i will mention is the night time entertainment obviously this is only my opinion but it all seems to be done in house and is mostly generic tributes done by the hotel staff and although they put a lot of effort in to it and the sets and costumes are nice it is BORING ! no hypnotist , no comedy ,no audience participation , no outsourced professional tributes or outsourced acts at all apart from the magician although i have got a few days to go so there might be something different ! Also if you do want to see the nightime acts you also have to arrive at least 1 hour before it starts to get any kind of table, the hotel in general feels overcrowded :( but this i can live with but the sunbeds is the only thing that would stop me booking again ! but as I was told by a member of management every year many many customers complain about the sunbeds and every year the hotel is fully booked !! so there you go Iberostar another complaint about the sunbeds don't you think this problem needs to be addressed ,would you not agree that a basic minimum requirement for a 4 star Mallorcan Holiday hotel is a sunbed for your customers ?? We can see that you read the reports and politely reply to most ,but words are easy !! how about some actions :-)

4 Thank ColinChurcher
IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca
IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca
#7 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa

Been to IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park? Share your experiences!