“Very good hotel, beautiful beach, a bit noisy because of children”

IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Warsaw, Poland
“Very good hotel, beautiful beach, a bit noisy because of children”
Reviewed 6 June 2009

The hotel is located about one hour on foot from the Port of Alcudia, the same distance is to Can Picafort. We usually went to the Port and Picafort by taxi (about 10 Euro). The buses come late. Genarally, there is not much to see around. If you feel like sightseeing, you can go to the old town of Alcudia, or other destinations around the Alcudia district.
When it comes to the facilities, every day there was some kind of animation every determined hour. As I remember there was aqua aerobics at 12am, some nordic walking, aerobics. Moreover the kids can join the mini and maxi club, where they can play. So I think you don't have to wory, that your child will be bored. It won't as there are many children coming to the hotel. Frankly speaking It was really hard to relax while eating during the beakfast or dinner, as the kids shouted all the time and their parents did not seem to pay any attention to it.

Majority of the hotel quests consistutes German. I think 80% of all quests came with their children (avagare age 1-11), there were also some old pensioneers. I could hardly see any single, just a few couples.
It is NOT a place for people 20-26 as Alcudia is rather place to relax with children on the beach.
Staff is the best ever, very helpful, attendant, smiling, kind.

When it comes to the beach - it is sandy, and both the beach and the sea are very clean. But WATCH OUT - the closer to Can Picafort, the beach is more ugly and dirty.

The Spanish are very hostile and nice. They are very careful and pay attention to safety around them eg. the man shouted from the car at some strange children when the were cycling on the wrong side of the street, and you can easily recognize Spanish people, as the always stop to pass the passerbies crossing the road.

All in all I would recommend the hotel for those who want to have some nice view holiday with their kids or elderly couples.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London
Reviewed 4 June 2009

I stayed in this hotel in April 2009 with 2 children aged 12 and 2. We all loved this hotel with its great location near to shops, right on the beach and within walking distance to a wonderful national park. The staff were helpful and friendly and the food was great.
I have travelled to a number of destinations worldwide and this is the first hotel that I would be happy to come back to year after year. This is maybe a lot to do with the fact that I have fallen in love with the Island and have just returned from a 10 day trip to Calas De Mellorca (which was not a s good a Alcudia for us) but I feel that I would be disappointed if I stayed anywhere else as other hotel would have a hard job to compete.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
North East
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Just back from a week all inclusive in this place and thoroughly enjoyed it. 4 adults and 2 kids (aged 6 and 4). The staff did everything they could to make our stay briliant. Put us in adjoining rooms wich was a real bonus
The hotel is spotlessly clean and the pool area is cleaned every morning. The food was excellent, plenty of variation and load of options for the kids and some of the hardest working waitresses i've seen, almost too efficient at times!
Evening entertainment was mixed, with a Brazilian dance troupe (pfwoar) one night and a Tom Jones lookie likee another to name but two. Not everyones cup of tea maybe but pretty good quality all the same. Daytme entertainment around the pool was OK but a bit sporadic. The kids club was great for my 4 yr old. The older one wasn't interested but that was his choice.
I lost count of the amount of ice cream/slush/drinks the kids had and even had a beer or two myself from the self service bar.
I would highly recomend this place to families. SPOT ON!

cheshire
Reviewed 31 May 2009

what a fantastic hotel.we went as a group of 6, 4 adults and 2 children. the location was superb right on the beach. we went as an all inclusive package which was a fantastic move - the children could help themselves to drinks and ices all day - there were no time limits on when we could access refreshments - it was available all day.the food in the restaurant was absolutely incredible and of a very high standard - the choice was unbelieveable. the evening entertainment proved a great hit with us all and kept the children entertained. the staff were superb with the children and nothing was too much touble.the childrens clubs were well run and there were a wide variety of activities on offer. the hotel atmosphere was calm and relxed - no loud or annoying families - just families wanting to relax and have fun. it really is a fantastic hotel and hotel and strongly recommend a visit.

Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2009

We had a lovely week away the hotel 'made' the holiday as the weather for 4 days was changeable. Friendly, helpful staff, would go to any Iberostar hotel again if available and without hesitation as this is the second one we've been to and both of a very good standard!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 February 2009

We enjoyed our stay at Iberostar Alcuida. The things that made the trip great where the location(able to walk around at night) and the beach was wonderful for long walks and swimming in white sand. The area is no doubt touristy with shops and restaurants.
The resort is itself is wonderful for kids!!! So much for them to do like kid swimming pool, playground, kids club, shallow beach, nightly entertainment, and all inclusive being able to get ice cream, juice whenever they wanted. Plus the rest't offered kids' food. We did the all-inclusive which I highly recommend!!! Why? The drinks!!! Plus all food is paid up for. AS I said the area is very touristy so most res'ts offered similar food and were no bargin.
The bar staff were not that friendly BUT I think they needed more staff there and always having people asking for this and that sometimes demanding with no tip, I don't blame them for not being that friendly.
Many different countries there like Germans, Brits, Swedes, and Eastern Europeans but mostly everyone meshed.
The rooms, well, okay forgive for being American BUT they were nothing special at all, very small, floors never that clean, can hear you neighbors (but not that bad)BUT for the price you pay for in Carribean and Mexico you would get something twice the size and more modern. That is my opinion and experience.
Again you are paying for location.
I do recommend taking a day trip to Palma de Majorica. If you love shoes, you can find some great bargins in the small stores. Shoes made in Spain and inexpensive. Plus the Catherdal, amazing!

• Liked — Location, Beach, & all-inclusive plan
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
depths of Surrey
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Booked this last minute in a desperate attempt to get some sunshine. Hubby couldn't come so just me and the kids (9 & 12).
Read all the reviews and as I was looking for a beach and pool week this sounded ideal.It was! We had a brilliant week and only left the hotel once to wander round the slightly disappointing local shops. We went at the end of August into September so I think the hotel was slightly quieter than the previous week. If we were by the pool before 11.30 a.m we were able to get sunbeds but have to say we preferred the beach.There were no umbrellas directly around the pool and only if you were really lucky could you find a spot with the shelter of a palm tree.
The beach and sea were just lovely although we did see the occassional jellyfish. Sunbeds/ umbrellas always seemed to be available.For a deposit you could have beach towels which you replaced as often as needed. The stroll to the beach bar was easy as was popping back to the pool after a jellyfish scare.
The rooms were comfortable,really clean and the maid service was daily and very efficient.I agree with a previous view that the hairdryer was useless and was glad to have taken my own(on their advice thank you).
We found the food excellent and quickly paid to upgrade from half board to all inclusive. The variety of food was amazing as was the quality.We didn't have any problem getting a table .All the staff were efficient, friendly and helpful.
The children went horseriding and cradding with the maxiclub and had a great time.The staff worked really hard and were good fun.We all enjoyed the shows, both kids and adults, and the intentions of having a few early nights just didn't happen as we couldn't resist staying to see abit of each show and invariably stayed to the end.
My only disappointment was that people could smoke anywhere outside. I regularly sat to watch the show with my children and then had people came to sit at the next table and began smoking. We had to move tables a few times because of this as we did also at lunch time when eating at the beach bar.
I got from this holiday exactly what I wanted, a relaxing pool, beach holiday with lovely weather.The kids enjoyed every bit of it. It felt a really safe environment to be in. I'd love to go back for longer next time and then take advantage of some of the trips on offer, seeing more of majorca.

Would recommend for families.

Only negative for me was being near smokers especially at the beach bar.

We would definately go back.

Thanks to all who have written reviews as it gave me total confidence in heading off on my own with the children to a hotel in a country I'd never visited before.

• Liked — Having a fantastic safe beach and lovely pool right on your doorstep. Excellent food.
  • Disliked — Smoking around beach bar and pool.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family