We received a phone call from our travel agent , the day before we left for our holiday , that the origional hotel we had booked was full and so we had no choice than to accept the offer for an alternative. We eventually settled for 'Alcudi Mar' , though reluctantly as we had read the few reviews and did not like this hotel.
The receptionist was very friendly and on entering the room', we were delighted to note that the air-con was working perfectly. The room , was decent, and I thought to myself that we were in for a good stay. How wrong could I have been!. I went straight for the television remote control to turn on the television, and lo and behold, each channel was in German language except for one; eurosport!. I thought my worst nightmare had come true, as I had read about the Germans. It was definately a German hotel.
The food was totally useless, with little variety. We had paid halfboard, but never actually had any breakfast as the sight of it, was repulsive. As for dinner, for the seven days that we were there, we had dinner three times. We had to cough up extra money to eat out every day thus paying extra for this holiday ( more than we budgeted ).
Each morning, we left the hotel, only to come back to sleep. To make matters worse, we had what looked like an evaluation form on the day before our departure, and of course it was in German.
How could we evaluate what we could'nt read.
Anyway I know better than to return there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in 2006, the beach hotel consists of a 4-storey building with a total of 20 singles and 180 double rooms, as well as a well-kept garden area. Amongst the hotel facilities there is a foyer with a 24-hour reception, a safe, a currency exchange desk and a lift. A cafe, a bar, a TV room and an air-conditioned restaurant with highchairs for children are to be found within the hotel. Moreover, the hotel offers a conference room, a public Internet terminal and a bicycle storage facility as well as bicycle hire. Younger guests may let off steam in the playground. Those arriving by car may make use of the car park or garage. Laundry services are available as well as medical assistance to round off the services on offer. *** FREE WIFI *** This popular hotel lies in the area Playa de Muro and is only 100 m from the beach and the sea. From the hotel, all the sightseeing attractions and the centre of town, which is only 4 kilometres away, can easily reached by making use of the local bus service. A selection of shopping venues, restaurants, bars and pubs are located in the hotel's vicinity and the nearest nightclubs are within 2.5 km of the hotel. The en suite rooms are fitted with a hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV, air conditioning/ central heating, a balcony, a hire safe and a minibar. The hotel offers a pool with a children's area, a snack bar, sun loungers and parasols. Sports enthusiasts may enjoy a game of table tennis or a work out in the gym. The health spa offers a sauna, a steam room and a hot tub. The hotel also offers a seasonal entertainment programme to ensure that there is never a dull moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Js Alcudi-Mar Hotel Playa De Muro
- Alcudi Mar Hotel
- Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar Playa De Muro, Majorca