“Outbooking from another hotel - JS Hotel Group Excellent, but remote location!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar

Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Was booked into a Hotel in Alcudia, then I was forced here. When I found out that I was staying in a JS Hotel..I admit I was happy.. But the location was not my desired one, very unhappy! Location is somewhat 5km away from my chosen Alcudia one, but hey, I had no choice. I had booked through Lastcheck.co.uk sadly. I was upgraded to a suite with four big dollops of hard stained bird poo on my balcony and swept up heaps of cigarette butts on top of the kitchen roof next to my balcony - very unpleasant. The suite (room 129) was nice and I enjoyed this as well as the lounge area - although 3 star standard, not 4 star. It was mainly a Gernan Hotel, so was interesting to watch them doin there thing during dinner and breakfast. The food was fine but didn't make it to 4 star standards, more like 3 star. Choices were no way near to a 4 star. Playa de Muro is a nice resort, but I wanted Alcudia, not the Hotels fault. All in all it was ok and the Free Wifi was a huge bonus! Plus there is a bus stop right outside, another bonus!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank JetsetZoom
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Mikeymate,

First of all we would like to express our gratitude for your visit at our JS Alcudi Mar hotel and for dedicating your time to publish this review.

I am very happy to know that you were able to benefit from the hotel’s 129 suite and the lounge area; also, your opinion about JS Hotel Group really delighted us.

We are sorry to hear that apparently we failed to meet part of your expectations; I have already passed your comments to the person in charge in order to revise the procedures related to your opinion about the food.

We are glad to learn from your experience and we will take your vision into account to achieve maximum adaption to our guests needs.

We hope that your stay in Mallorca was a pleasant one and to may take the opportunity to serve you again in one of our ten hotels of the island.

Remember you can follow our "JS Hotels" profile through the main social networks.

Kind Regards.
JS Alcudi Mar Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hollviken, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Where to start - this is probably par for the course for hotels in Alcudia - but talk about overpriced, jeeze. This is by far the most overpriced hotel Ive ever stayed in - I dont mind paying for extras, location, service, etc. being some of them - but then I also expect to get them. Had this hotel been half the price it would still have been overpriced. The only thing you get here is probably the location - and even that does not justify these prices. This hotel is worn with orange dated furnishings, old bathroom, old building, old everything. The reception seems to have gotten a shine at some point, but then they load it with an old orange seemingly dirty sofa. Looked horrible.

Had booked a suite for 6 nights. The first thing you noticed was that door was hard to open and even harder to close. I considered whether it would fall of the hinges, but came to the conclusion that it had obviously been these since they built the hotel in the 70s, so would probably last a few more days. Did not give you much sense of security though.

The suite consisted of two rooms with the aforementioned colour and age and a very large terrace facing the mountains. The mountain view made sense since the hotel is on a busy street with other hotels between us and the sea making a sea view virtually impossible. It would also definitely have been noisy from the street as well. But ... theres always a but .. what is the point of a large terrace if all it has is two plastic chairs and a plastic table ? Not only that - it was on the first floor right on top of the kitchen. The exhaust from the grill/kitchen was lovely in the morning and evenings. Thought Id ask for a couple of deck chairs - or at least 1 more chair (since it was a suite and we were 3 people) - I got the reply, "but sir, if we give it to you everyone will want it". That caused a chuckle and we let it go at that. This was also the general attitude of the staff - polite enough, but excuses instead of fixes .. well you get the picture.

To be fair to the hotel - it was clean and it was only to walk across the street and one block down and you were on the beach. The pool was OK - clean and seemingly enough deckchairs to go around. But Im afraid thats about the only positive things I can find. We checked out after 4 nights and Im absolutly certain we will never be back. Unfortunately think this goes for Alcudia too - if this is normal price'wise - then there are so many nice places in the world to spend you money that I cant find any reason why I would come back here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HansR66
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Hans,

First of all we would like to express our gratitude for your visit and for dedicating your time to publish this review.

I am delighted that you were able to benefit from the hotel’s staff service and that you found the accommodation very clean. Our team is very passionate about service and the people whom they have the privilege to serve.

your comment about value form many . We strive to offer the best price in relation with your comment about value for money, please let me inform you that we have the best price in the main booking portals

We are sorry to hear that apparently we failed to meet part of your expectations; your comment about value form money has really concerned us, because we daily strive to offer the most competitive rate. We have already checked the daily average market price through the main hotel comparison sites and we do confirm that JS Alcudi Mar offers the best prices among the rest of 4 stars hotel in the same area.

I have already passed all your negative impressions to the person in charge in order to revise the hotel procedures.

We hope that your stay in Mallorca was a pleasant one.

Kind Regards,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Arrives about 11pm, checked in with Miguel who was very informative and directed us to the dining room where some food had been left out for us, basic but thoughtful and needed I was starving. Room was clean with small LCD tv had to push 2 single beds together for a double but it was no problem apart from them slipping around a little during the night. Food was great breakfast was pancakes and the usual eggs bacon sausage etc along with pastries and some other bits cheeses salads etc, dinner was plentiful and goo choice also with a variety of desserts too all in all very good. Beach is jut across the road with the loungers on the beach bein just 3euro 20cent. Staff where helpful when they could be just one or two which didn't speak English too well but it was better than my Spanish lol. Would recommend I'll be revisiting :)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank factor9372
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear factor9372,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback about our team and our hotel.

We are extremely pleased to hear that you will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests. It is therefore a great satisfaction for us to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us.

Our staff takes great interest in our guests to ensure that they are having a pleasant stay with us. We are very proud of them and it is always pleasing to receive such kind feedback as yours. I am thrilled that you found them to be helpful and caring .I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognized.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again another weekend, and remember you can follow us through the main social media networks (JS Hotels Profile).

Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my partner in June 2013. Our first impressions were very good as the exterior and interior were very clean and well maintained. Also the beach was literally 1min walk away, to an area of beach that had plenty of facilities and lots of shops and restaurants within close walking distance of the hotel. For restaurants, I highly recommend S'albufera (out the hotel, turn left), they do nice steaks, with a friendly service.

The room itself was fairly small, but fine for a short stay and we didn't expect anything bigger. Again, the room was clean and tidy and being on the 3rd floor and at the back of the hotel, we had a nice view of the mountains and the pool area which included the nightly entertainment. Two negatives about the room, firstly one of the matresses was a bit knackered, although I'm pretty sure they would of changed it had we asked. Also, the safe was expensive, EUR 19.00 per week + deposit for the key. We didn't use it, but had no problems (hid our valuables).

The pool area was attractive and a nice place to chill and cool down! I had some initial fears that there weren't enough sunbeds to go around and the largely German contingent would be out with the towels early doors, but that wasn't the case at all. There seemed always to be sun loungers available.

We stayed Half-board for 10 nights and the food was satisfactory enough to eat there 9 times out of 10! We arrived late the first night and they had saved some food for us (for all late arrivals) which was pretty basic, but still a nice touch. Given the fact they cater for up to 500 people, the food met my expectations. There was enough variety and plenty of varied meats and fish coming of the grill. Don't expect too much but if you're that fussy you know you need to spend much more for a 5* hotel! If you fancied a glass of beer or wine with the meal, that cost about EUR 2.50 per drink, so was affordable.

The hotel was, in my opinion, quiet and suitable for families. Although the nightly entertainment always involved quite loud music (which ends at 11pm). If you like an early night I would think twice about that.

Overall, happy with the hotel, great location, clean and tidy, good service and would recommend to anyone with realistic expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrLike2Travel
John C, General Manager at Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Guest

We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at JS Alcudi Mar hotel.
I will share the comments with the staff and I would like to welcome you back on future visits to Mallorca.

Best Regards
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Just got back from a 1 week trip having stayed the previous year in the Iberostar Alcudia Park opposite. What can i say. Really great stay and we would highly recommend!
Food was excellent ( we were half board) and dare i say it actually slightly better than Alcudia Park which is more expensive. Being a couple without kids we appreciated that there were less children here and most of the clientele were a mix of cyclists and German tourists. Everyone we met was very friendly, the staff should be commended on their excellent customer service skills and always smiled.
Where this hotel scores really highly is the onsite gym, whirl pool/sauna/turkish bath and decent free wifi. It was great to wind off each day with a dip in the whirlpool and to relax any tired muscles.
In terms of value for money the hotel was outstanding. Request a 4th floor room to gain either a sea view or a pool view with the backdrop of the Albufera natural park in the background.
Would definately stay again.....

Room Tip: 4th floor for the best views front or back + a previous reviewer mentioned avoiding the room closest...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shamedbear
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently and was extremely happy with it. The hotel was absolutely spotless and the staff were extremely helpful. The magnificent sandy beach is across the road. Our balcony had a sea view. The food was excellent with a very varied menu - something to suit all tastes. On Sunday mornings we were served champagne with breakfast!! A very pleasant surprise. The dining room manager, Mano, and staff were very pleasant and more than willing to help with anything we asked. Antonio, one of the waiters, was a very bubbly, happy guy. The hotel had mostly German guests but that was not a problem as the staff spoke very good English as well as German. The spa - with jacuzzi, Turkish bath and sauna was immaculate. The jacuzzi, which had loungers and seats around it, is approximately 20 feet long by 11 feet wide!! There were three different sections in it. Two of the sections had jets overhead which created a massage-like effect. Absolutely fabulous. There is a small gym and a cycle club where you can either bring and store your own bike or hire one. There was entertainment in the bar at night. If you want an excellent hotel in a quiet and peaceful area I would definitely recommend the JS Alcudi Mar Hotel. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel where you can get a bus every 15 minutes to many areas, including the Old Town of Alcudia, Puerto Pollensa and Can Picafort, all of which are beautiful. There is also a very regular to Palma from outside the hotel. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room, with sea view, on the fourth floor. Absolutely beautiful view.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

A difficult call we have here.This is no way a 4 star hotel, they made some make up, and basic changes probably to please tour operators, so they can sell the product better.
The only 4 star you will notice, is the one they have added on the front part of the signs, so you can see that the blue is far newer than the 'old' 3 star...

We got he trip through EXPEDIA services, online.

Pros: Service: GREAT- GREAT-GREAT.In every level, from house keeping to front desk, and bar /restaurant it really is GREAT.

Cons: Have you ever seen a 4 star hotel does not include breakfast? That is my first one...is a little trick they do in order to make the service cheaper, and then, slowly but surely give you the extra cost.BAD-BAD-BAD.

Food quality: The coffee is a HUMANITY DISASTER. Completely DISGUSTING.As soon as waiters see your face when you take a sip, and they detect you bloody hate it, they offer you to bring a 'real' coffe....We have to keep cost down you know?
The juices are the the true expression of the plastic industry. Really, a threat to the health, and a terror act to the taste buds.

Cakes are basically made with lots of white sugar, but here, i really have to doubt about the sugar quality and fat...besides of the salads and the fruit, rest of selection is a danger your health. Definitely i will not go back for the food there.

Rooms: Need a lift up, like most of this hotel, but you will survive

Shows: very good entertainment, thumbs up there

Closing down: If wasn't because of the personnel, i could be far harsh on them,but i choose not too

Final statement: Assume what you are, and people will get not disappointed, but widely impress.
Customers need value for money. and 4 stars my friend are those you see from the balcony.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family