“Move here after poor stay at Iberostar”

Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Reviewed 25 March 2014

After a very disappointing stay at Iberostar Alcudia Park, we moved midweek over to Alcudi-Mar. After explaining our poor experience at the Iberostar, the hotel offered us a corner suite that had a private terrace on the top floor. The view was fantastic. The air conditioner in the room did not work great, but the overall room experience was satisfactory.

The property had a private and clean pool where lounge chairs were always available. We had a nice and quiet end to our honeymoon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoeFlip
J S Palma S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hello JoeFlip

Thanks for your so nice comments and high rating of our services. We are glad to hear that your stay was happy. We regret that the other Hotel you have not satisfied both, but in the end everything was fine with usin our JS Hotel . Hope to see you again soon, until then receives a big hug.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Beautiful weather, marvellous beach!
But JS Alcudi Mar only for the hard ones!

Food disgusting, cheap refunished rooms from the 70th with mattresses 1,82 meter, so only for the short ones. You have 3 choices of rooms, facing the main street, on top the maintenance or to the pool., all of them are noisy.

Room Tip: If you get a one week trip, for under Euro 600,-- o. k. not more or less
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mariapetraBerlin
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear MariapetraBerlin,

First of all we would like to express our gratitude for your visit at our JS Alcudi Mar hotel and for dedicating your time to publish this review.

We are sorry to hear that apparently we failed to meet part of your expectations; I have already passed your comments to the person in charge in order to revise the procedures related to your negative points.

We are glad to learn from your experience and we will take your vision into account to achieve maximum adaption to our guests needs.

If there is anything that we can make your next stay even better, you can contact us at any time. Visit. Website on your next booking

Feel free to contact JS hotels also the most famous social networks . We look forward to welcoming you again, until then all the best.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Was booked into a Hotel in Alcudia, then I was forced here. When I found out that I was staying in a JS Hotel..I admit I was happy.. But the location was not my desired one, very unhappy! Location is somewhat 5km away from my chosen Alcudia one, but hey, I had no choice. I had booked through Lastcheck.co.uk sadly. I was upgraded to a suite with four big dollops of hard stained bird poo on my balcony and swept up heaps of cigarette butts on top of the kitchen roof next to my balcony - very unpleasant. The suite (room 129) was nice and I enjoyed this as well as the lounge area - although 3 star standard, not 4 star. It was mainly a Gernan Hotel, so was interesting to watch them doin there thing during dinner and breakfast. The food was fine but didn't make it to 4 star standards, more like 3 star. Choices were no way near to a 4 star. Playa de Muro is a nice resort, but I wanted Alcudia, not the Hotels fault. All in all it was ok and the Free Wifi was a huge bonus! Plus there is a bus stop right outside, another bonus!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank JetsetZoom
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Mikeymate,

I am very happy to know that you were able to benefit from the hotel’s 129 suite and the lounge area; also, your opinion about JS Hotel Group really delighted us.

We are sorry to hear that apparently we failed to meet part of your expectations; I have already passed your comments to the person in charge in order to revise the procedures related to your opinion about the food.

We hope that your stay in Mallorca was a pleasant one and to may take the opportunity to serve you again in one of our ten hotels of the island.

Remember you can follow our "JS Hotels" profile through the main social networks.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Where to start - this is probably par for the course for hotels in Alcudia - but talk about overpriced, jeeze. This is by far the most overpriced hotel Ive ever stayed in - I dont mind paying for extras, location, service, etc. being some of them - but then I also expect to get them. Had this hotel been half the price it would still have been overpriced. The only thing you get here is probably the location - and even that does not justify these prices. This hotel is worn with orange dated furnishings, old bathroom, old building, old everything. The reception seems to have gotten a shine at some point, but then they load it with an old orange seemingly dirty sofa. Looked horrible.

Had booked a suite for 6 nights. The first thing you noticed was that door was hard to open and even harder to close. I considered whether it would fall of the hinges, but came to the conclusion that it had obviously been these since they built the hotel in the 70s, so would probably last a few more days. Did not give you much sense of security though.

The suite consisted of two rooms with the aforementioned colour and age and a very large terrace facing the mountains. The mountain view made sense since the hotel is on a busy street with other hotels between us and the sea making a sea view virtually impossible. It would also definitely have been noisy from the street as well. But ... theres always a but .. what is the point of a large terrace if all it has is two plastic chairs and a plastic table ? Not only that - it was on the first floor right on top of the kitchen. The exhaust from the grill/kitchen was lovely in the morning and evenings. Thought Id ask for a couple of deck chairs - or at least 1 more chair (since it was a suite and we were 3 people) - I got the reply, "but sir, if we give it to you everyone will want it". That caused a chuckle and we let it go at that. This was also the general attitude of the staff - polite enough, but excuses instead of fixes .. well you get the picture.

To be fair to the hotel - it was clean and it was only to walk across the street and one block down and you were on the beach. The pool was OK - clean and seemingly enough deckchairs to go around. But Im afraid thats about the only positive things I can find. We checked out after 4 nights and Im absolutly certain we will never be back. Unfortunately think this goes for Alcudia too - if this is normal price'wise - then there are so many nice places in the world to spend you money that I cant find any reason why I would come back here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank HansR66
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Hans,

First of all we would like to express our gratitude for your visit and for dedicating your time to publish this review.

I am delighted that you were able to benefit from the hotel’s staff service and that you found the accommodation very clean. Our team is very passionate about service and the people whom they have the privilege to serve.

your comment about value form many . We strive to offer the best price in relation with your comment about value for money, please let me inform you that we have the best price in the main booking portals

We are sorry to hear that apparently we failed to meet part of your expectations; your comment about value form money has really concerned us, because we daily strive to offer the most competitive rate. We have already checked the daily average market price through the main hotel comparison sites and we do confirm that JS Alcudi Mar offers the best prices among the rest of 4 stars hotel in the same area.

I have already passed all your negative impressions to the person in charge in order to revise the hotel procedures.

We hope that your stay in Mallorca was a pleasant one.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Arrives about 11pm, checked in with Miguel who was very informative and directed us to the dining room where some food had been left out for us, basic but thoughtful and needed I was starving. Room was clean with small LCD tv had to push 2 single beds together for a double but it was no problem apart from them slipping around a little during the night. Food was great breakfast was pancakes and the usual eggs bacon sausage etc along with pastries and some other bits cheeses salads etc, dinner was plentiful and goo choice also with a variety of desserts too all in all very good. Beach is jut across the road with the loungers on the beach bein just 3euro 20cent. Staff where helpful when they could be just one or two which didn't speak English too well but it was better than my Spanish lol. Would recommend I'll be revisiting :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank factor9372
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear factor9372,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback about our team and our hotel.

We are extremely pleased to hear that you will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests. It is therefore a great satisfaction for us to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us.

Our staff takes great interest in our guests to ensure that they are having a pleasant stay with us. We are very proud of them and it is always pleasing to receive such kind feedback as yours. I am thrilled that you found them to be helpful and caring .I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognized.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again another weekend, and remember you can follow us through the main social media networks (JS Hotels Profile).

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my partner in June 2013. Our first impressions were very good as the exterior and interior were very clean and well maintained. Also the beach was literally 1min walk away, to an area of beach that had plenty of facilities and lots of shops and restaurants within close walking distance of the hotel. For restaurants, I highly recommend S'albufera (out the hotel, turn left), they do nice steaks, with a friendly service.

The room itself was fairly small, but fine for a short stay and we didn't expect anything bigger. Again, the room was clean and tidy and being on the 3rd floor and at the back of the hotel, we had a nice view of the mountains and the pool area which included the nightly entertainment. Two negatives about the room, firstly one of the matresses was a bit knackered, although I'm pretty sure they would of changed it had we asked. Also, the safe was expensive, EUR 19.00 per week + deposit for the key. We didn't use it, but had no problems (hid our valuables).

The pool area was attractive and a nice place to chill and cool down! I had some initial fears that there weren't enough sunbeds to go around and the largely German contingent would be out with the towels early doors, but that wasn't the case at all. There seemed always to be sun loungers available.

We stayed Half-board for 10 nights and the food was satisfactory enough to eat there 9 times out of 10! We arrived late the first night and they had saved some food for us (for all late arrivals) which was pretty basic, but still a nice touch. Given the fact they cater for up to 500 people, the food met my expectations. There was enough variety and plenty of varied meats and fish coming of the grill. Don't expect too much but if you're that fussy you know you need to spend much more for a 5* hotel! If you fancied a glass of beer or wine with the meal, that cost about EUR 2.50 per drink, so was affordable.

The hotel was, in my opinion, quiet and suitable for families. Although the nightly entertainment always involved quite loud music (which ends at 11pm). If you like an early night I would think twice about that.

Overall, happy with the hotel, great location, clean and tidy, good service and would recommend to anyone with realistic expectations.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrLike2Travel
John C, General Manager at Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Guest

We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at JS Alcudi Mar hotel.
I will share the comments with the staff and I would like to welcome you back on future visits to Mallorca.

Best Regards

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Just got back from a 1 week trip having stayed the previous year in the Iberostar Alcudia Park opposite. What can i say. Really great stay and we would highly recommend!
Food was excellent ( we were half board) and dare i say it actually slightly better than Alcudia Park which is more expensive. Being a couple without kids we appreciated that there were less children here and most of the clientele were a mix of cyclists and German tourists. Everyone we met was very friendly, the staff should be commended on their excellent customer service skills and always smiled.
Where this hotel scores really highly is the onsite gym, whirl pool/sauna/turkish bath and decent free wifi. It was great to wind off each day with a dip in the whirlpool and to relax any tired muscles.
In terms of value for money the hotel was outstanding. Request a 4th floor room to gain either a sea view or a pool view with the backdrop of the Albufera natural park in the background.
Would definately stay again.....

Room Tip: 4th floor for the best views front or back + a previous reviewer mentioned avoiding the room closest...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
#12 of 39 in Ca'n Picafort
Hotel Roc Continental Park
Hotel Roc Continental Park
#24 of 30 in Playa de Muro

Been to Hotel JS Alcudi-Mar? Share your experiences!